BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers - Manchester United

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Fully agreed, and this could be the key between us losing and not losing. Warnock is great at getting back and putting in those last ditch 'do or die' tackles. If Warnock is on form then we have a chance...

Except Ronaldo doesn't play on the right wing. He floats everywhere, which is why he's a nightmare.

3rd April 1965 - Rovers 0-5 Man Utd. Goals - Charlton 3, Connelly & Herd Att.29,363

Man Utd went on to win the League on goal average from Leeds

Rovers finished 10th.

I was stood with my dad on the windy corner between Riverside & Darwen End.

If I was to recall one match from the past that we lost this was it. I remember walking from the match and everyone was talking about Bobby Charlton not a 5-0 defeat. It was 0-0 at half time but in the second half Charlton took the game by the scruff off the neck. No running around like a headless chicken he just dominated the midfield and also scored three goals. Probably the finest midfield performance I have ever seen or ever will.

Chelsea won at Everton so it is our duty to keep the English Premier League the most exciting, most open, most challenging, most competitive, most SKYtastic sporting competition IN THE WORLD .

and beat the Mancs.

Only the commentary on Saturday evening will still sound like MUTV no matter which TV station it is on....

Still, we'll have an oligarch backing us if only for one day.

• Backroom
I reckon we'll be up for this one, we'll put up one of those heroic performances but still lose 1-0 I reckon.

United are a phenominal team.

For once, I agree with you Shillito :P

funny how the tables have turned on chelsea and the cotney loving press!

i bet they would love a bully type performance to stop the mancs winning come saturday afternoon.

if we lose on saturday we are handing the title to united, a team i dispise. if we win, it will give the chelsea the chance to regain the crown.

tbh it's all about rovers, i dont care who wins the title, lets beat man utd and let them sort it out between themselves at the bridge.

As someone who, in the pre-match excitement, backed us to beat the scousers last week by two clear goals I hereby predict we will win on Saturday as the nation watches us rediscover our muse by spanking United by three clear goals largely as a result of Rio being sent off after 10 minutes and Benni McCarthy making hay. The two Rs are stitched up by Nelsen and co. - now get yourselves to the bookies while the odds are good!

I think he was stating we should go for a formation of 4 - 6 - 0.

Probably our only hope to be honest.

Yup, I know he was. Brought back memories of an ex-centre half being thrown forward in time of need. [and scoring twice at Burnley, in a 4-1 away win. Yep, I was there, fantastic].

I really hope Warnock will teach Ronaldo how the game actually is played in England. If Warnock shows him some rough and fair tackles early in the game he will be crying like a baby after a while.

A cynic would say that showing Ronaldo some rough but fair tackles would earn him a red card. I couldn't possibly comment :)

With Rooney, Ronaldo and Tevez running towards him (not all at once, hopefully), I wonder what the odds of Samba being sent off in this game?

Couldn't find odds for that specifically - but the odds on a second half sending off (any player) are 3-1 with skybet.

I would go 4-5-1, with a midfield of

Bentley Reid Tugay Vogel Dunn

We can't do that. They would just keep coming at us. We wouldn't be able to mount an attack all game. 451 would be an option if we had the pace to support Cruz but we don't.

No point in having Tugay in the team if he has nothing to aim at apart from Cruz. We will probably get beat but our only hope is to make them sweat a bit. So we need two up front.

Vogel and Reid need to have blinders.... we know they both were once capable of that but now?...

2-0 to Rovers, with a headed goal just after half time from Roque, and a close range pile driver from a long ball near the half way line by Bentley. Much hilarity ensues, Ferguson literally implodes, to the delight of the home fans, leaving just a Bisto-like brown stain on the floor at the side of the pitch were he stood, with a heavily chewed piece of hubba-bubba on it, which Hughes then flicks up deftly with his Oxblood coloured Brogue wearing left foot, and volleys with his black-and white Spats wearing right foot into the upper level of the Darwen End stand, were a sleepwalking Wilf McGuiness in a suit of armour catches the gum in his ear hole via a hearing trumpet cone.

We can't do that. They would just keep coming at us. We wouldn't be able to mount an attack all game. 451 would be an option if we had the pace to support Cruz but we don't.

We've done it before against the top clubs, with a bit of success as well.

As much as I'd like to see Peter getting another go Wagster, I think this is a game we need MGP. He is excellent at helping his full-back out, and Warnock will need all the help he can get against Ronaldo. Gamst also has the habbit of nicking a goal against United.

Archived