BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers - Manchester United

Interesting FACT below. Also United have just announced that Brown, Carrick & Rio have all signed new deals.

Blackburn have been beaten more often (15 times) and conceded more goals (48) to Manchester United than any other club in the Premier League.

Also Lawrenson has gone for a 3-0 to United!

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply
We've done it before against the top clubs, with a bit of success as well.

As far as I can think we haven't really. I think the only time we have tried it is against Arsenal away when we hardly got a shot on goal. When it looks like we are playing 451 we usually play Derbyshire out right and Bentley in the hole behind Cruz which is essentially a slightly weird 442 formation. I wouldn't be too suprised if we did that again but it is a shame to waste Bentley by bringing him into the middle.

As far as I can think we haven't really. I think the only time we have tried it is against Arsenal away when we hardly got a shot on goal. When it looks like we are playing 451 we usually play Derbyshire out right and Bentley in the hole behind Cruz which is essentially a slightly weird 442 formation. I wouldn't be too suprised if we did that again but it is a shame to waste Bentley by bringing him into the middle.

And a shame to put Derbyshire on the right, where he's frankly a bit rubbish.

Going 4-5-1 at home may send the wrong message to the lads, not to mention you loss Bentley's crossing and it is going to be very easy for Vidic and Rio to mark Santa out of the game. With a full house behind us 4-4-2 is the way forward.

Bentley ripped them apart before and he can do it again. MGP normally has a good game against them.

Personally i would bring in Ooijer at RB, for more defensive solidness.

The middle of the park is what worrys me, you can't put Bentley in there a he will just get lost in it all. Dunn is good enough but might be to attacking for our needs and Reid seems to have gone off the boil a bit. Vogel isn't up to it yet and the less said about Mokoena the better. Tugay just isn't fast enough to deal with Man Utd, mentally or physically. Out of that lot I'd have to go with Dunn and Reid for experience and hope they play to their peaks.

I rather expect Ronaldo and Rooney will be starting on the bench tomorrow.

I hope to god your right, if you are then i think we'll do a job on them.

With chelsea winning last night i am not so sure they will but we will see ;)

With a full house behind us 4-4-2 is the way forward.

Personally i would bring in Ooijer at RB, for more defensive solidness.

Out of that lot I'd have to go with Dunn and Reid for experience and hope they play to their peaks.

Agree with the 1st part and the last bit but wouldnt play ooijer at right back - every time he has played against quick wingers, he has been poor. Tomorrow would be terrible if we tried the same. Emerton is needed for his pace and same with Warnock. I think tomorrow our full backs will have to be abit more respectful and concentrate on defending more than trying to get down the wing and attacking.

Forget all this 4 5 1 lark, 'lets contain them', 'try and nick one' rubbish! lets get at them. Get mccarthy in for roberts. Give tugay a recall and play him with dunn in the middle. For once lets go for it and be positive, as we should have done at liverpool. If we get stuffed so be it. At least nobody like myself can then fault Hughes for being negative. There's as much chance of being stuffed by Utd if we try and contain them, especially with our defence.

Agree with the 1st part and the last bit but wouldnt play ooijer at right back - every time he has played against quick wingers, he has been poor. Tomorrow would be terrible if we tried the same. Emerton is needed for his pace and same with Warnock. I think tomorrow our full backs will have to be abit more respectful and concentrate on defending more than trying to get down the wing and attacking.

I just can't see Brett sitting there and not pushing forward, it just isn't his game.

I remember Zurab being taken apart by Petrov but can't think of many occasions where Ooijer has, maybe spurs with Lennon?

If Brett would sit at RB all game and get the tackles in successfully then i have no problem with him in there.

Interesting FACT below. Also United have just announced that Brown, Carrick & Rio have all signed new deals.

Blackburn have been beaten more often (15 times) and conceded more goals (48) to Manchester United than any other club in the Premier League.

That may be true, but according to the Racing Post we are listed in this weekends bogey teams.

Blackburn (at home to Man Utd) - Lost only 2 of last 8 games.

i see rovers fielding a very youthful side, looking to the future and losing by a modest 3-1. mufc are then pretty well guaranteed the title...skip to july... sir alex announces that scholes, giggs, fletcher and o'shea will be joining brfc on a season long loan...oh, add pique to that group too!

I rather expect Ronaldo and Rooney will be starting on the bench tomorrow.

A better tactic (from their point of view ) would be start them both and take them off after the game is won .

That way they'll get a good hour's rest each ..... :unsure:

Hopefully they'll be the same strong gust of winds we've had today tommorrow. That Ronaldo person will be consistently blown over by the wind and be on the deck even more frequentley than the usual hour or so. :rolleyes:

I just hope we put in a good performance and make Manure work hard for the points. If you take our recent record against them it’s not bad at Ewood, but at the same time they are the best team in the country, in form and if you look at our home record this season it’s been shocking.

We can beat anyone in the league on our day, lets hope we turn up tomorrow and get something.

I’ve just noticed the ref for the game is Rob “The Nob” Styles, I wonder which Styles will turn up, the one who gives a yellow card for every single foul?

It's dawned a bright and breezy day and I'm hoping Rovers can gives us the same in terms of performance. This is my last game this season so it would be great to finish with a win. The heart says we will batter them and win 2-0, the head says Utd are too good for us and we may well see a masterclass today. Looking for a great game of football either way.

Archived