BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers - Manchester United

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Honestly, I think barring a miracle, it will be a heavy defeat, 3 or 4-0.

Of course we could end up with our performance of the season and get a win; you just never know which Rovers team will turn up. Especially this season. :rolleyes:

dont be silly. we have a grat record against united at ewood. i admitt we probally wil get beaten but it wil on be a 1 goal margine.

i think there is going to be an upset

rovers 2-1 united

a late goal from the rovers

Already this season they have lost at Man City (at home as well), Bolton, West Ham, Portsmouth at home, scraped past Derby, so it's not impossible.

Add to that the fact they have only beaten us once at home since 1997/98 season. I'll go for a draw.

Just trying to install some confidence on here....

Let's get at em down the wings, whip in crosses from the byline. If we do our usual try to barge through the middle we will have no joy. No predictions coul dbe an interesting game if we show up with our game heads on rather than our holiday heads.

dont be silly. we have a grat record against united at ewood. i admitt we probally wil get beaten but it wil on be a 1 goal margine.

i think there is going to be an upset

rovers 2-1 united

a late goal from the rovers

I'm just going off form. We let in three against a far from decent Liverpool side, so imagine what could happen against the best side in the country.

Your welcome to think we can get a result, i just cannot see it.

what a load of tosh, get a grip man!

Why? I'm not depressed about it, I just think there's a very good chance that this is a 5 or 6er. We've been knocked for 3 or 4 goals several times this season by teams worse than United. If they hit their stride there isn't much in our midfield or back four to stop them with the exception of Friedel having a miracle game.

We've got nothing to lose. They've got the distraction of a Champions League trip to Barcelona to think about. We're at home, we won't be as bad as we were against Liverpool and we're in front of a full Ewood. We've got a great record against United at Ewood since getting back into the Premier League and Uniteds away record isn't close to their home record. I'm hoping we might nick it.

Let's get at em down the wings, whip in crosses from the byline.

When have we ever got our winger to the byline?

Warnock and Emerton get there frequently but if we push them forward I would be a little worried about Robaldo and Giggs hitting us on the counter.

THat said what option do we have? I guess we should come out into this one fighting and try and knock them on to the back foot.

Anyone else other than me at Ewood that awful day in 1966 when we lost 5-0 at home to ManU ?

Unless Rovers are in the right frame of mind for a battle I fear a repeat on Saturday.

i was still merly a spunk bubble

We should have no fear as theyve beaten us once in six years at ewood, lets get some faith man for man anyone is as good as anyone on their day we have shown that before. Warnock vs Ronaldo is going to be intresting so is Bentley vs Evra and hopefully Santa Cruz vs Brown/O'Shea.

Have the faith sing your hearts out and and make it a day to remmeber, remeber the fa cup against Chelsea lets put in a performance like that :)

1-0 to us we will nick it.

We should have no fear as theyve beaten us once in six years at ewood, lets get some faith man for man anyone is as good as anyone on their day we have shown that before. Warnock vs Ronaldo is going to be intresting so is Bentley vs Evra and hopefully Santa Cruz vs Brown/O'Shea.

I can see Gary Neville coming back for this one though plus Vidic is back so i wouldnt get your hopes up.

Anyone else other than me at Ewood that awful day in 1966 when we lost 5-0 at home to ManU ?

Unless Rovers are in the right frame of mind for a battle I fear a repeat on Saturday.

I was there Jim. Can't remember exactly, but didn't law score a few that day? That was Law and Charlton at their best.

:rover: I really fancy our chances,we will win by 3 :brfcsmilie:

Wrong match Waggy ... you must be thinking about the Derby match :D

Anyway.. normally Mr negative here I have a gut feeling we are going to get something from this game also.

Shame I won't be there

I was there Jim. Can't remember exactly, but didn't law score a few that day? That was Law and Charlton at their best.

3rd April 1965 - Rovers 0-5 Man Utd. Goals - Charlton 3, Connelly & Herd Att.29,363

Man Utd went on to win the League on goal average from Leeds

Rovers finished 10th.

I was stood with my dad on the windy corner between Riverside & Darwen End.

3rd April 1965 - Rovers 0-5 Man Utd. Goals - Charlton 3, Connelly & Herd Att.29,363

Man Utd went on to win the League on goal average from Leeds

Rovers finished 10th.

I was stood with my dad on the windy corner between Riverside & Darwen End.

Thanks WB. I always remember one of the United players rifling one in from around 30 yds at the Darwen end, never getting more than 6" above the grass. Always thought it was denis Law. The obvious second guess would be Charlton, but somehow I think it might have been Davis Herd. I've not got a clue really. [no funnies please].

Warnock vs Ronaldo is going to be intresting

I really hope Warnock will teach Ronaldo how the game actually is played in England. If Warnock shows him some rough and fair tackles early in the game he will be crying like a baby after a while.

Go back to our 'bully boys' style and play tough. PLay 4-5-1 with Mokoena playing infront of back 4. Reid & Dunn in the middle bents on the wing!

I think Warnock could show just how good he is at weekend against Ronaldo, only problem is when the swap wings, not sure how emerton will do against him.

Hope "rio is a rover" again at weekend

I went to the 0-5 loss in 1965, when I think, all the goals were scored in the second half.

I didn't go the followin g season to the penultimate game against them that we lost 1-4. After all, we had a foreign keeper and we all knew there was no future in that.

Archived