BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers - Manchester United

Samba did a great job on Ronaldo yesterday. In particualr there were three ocassions when Ronaldo was trying to run towards our box and the commentators where saying something along the lines of "Ronaldo is off, can he be caught?". On each ocassion Big Chris used his pace, kept up with him and made a tackle or interception.

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On each ocassion Big Chris used his pace, kept up with him and made a tackle or interception.

That is why Hughes has persisted with the big 'un through a dodgy patch. He's our only central defender with any pace.

It felt like a defeat coming off the ground yesterday.

On reflection today it was an excellent performance and a great point against possibly the best club side in the world.

At least we re-gained a bit of pride after the dismal showing at Anfield. I thought we were up for this one from the off, starting at a high tempo usually means we're going to play O.K. First half was really good they hardly got going and we were playing neat football most of the time. In the second half they just committed more men forward and ground us down, they could do this because of our lack of pace up front.

The goal had been coming for the previous 15 minutes at least, I felt really bad for Brad because he deserved to keep a clean sheet on that performance, Hughesy cocked up badly subbing Vogel at a corner when it wasn't essential.

Top performers- Brad, almost unbeatable , Chris Samba, back to his best, Santa Cruz, showed what a versatile player he is, Warnock, Bently, Vogel, Emerton.

Your kidding me Eddie? Roberts gave the centre halfs a nightmare, every ball that came to him, he battled and fought and shook Ferdinand or Vidic all match long. He tired as the game went on, and to be fair I thought Rio played like he did in the World Cup-he was brilliant-but he had to be.

Further thoughts this morning.

Wes Brown committed at least 4 fouls, worthy of a booking, and didn't get one. Rooney physically wrestled a Rover to the ground, may have been Bentley. Rooney lost it today, but Reid and Samba battered him

U2757P6T12D3609565F44DT200804200136.jpg

No he didn't, he was basically just a big lump up there. First of all he should have scored only a couple of minutes into the match, after that he did nothing apart from barge into people. Yes, sometimes it causes people a bit of trouble, but it looks much more effective than it really is. He regularly got the ball out wide and was simply at a loss as to what to do. He just didn't make many contributions to our attacking play.

Anyone hear Steven Warnocks interview on radio rovers [pre match]?

He was asked about playing against the top clubs. His reply was "no disrespect to the bottom 10 clubs, but you don't want to be playing against them every week"

Made me smile. Nice on Warns.

Anyone hear Steven Warnocks interview on radio rovers [pre match]?

He was asked about playing against the top clubs. His reply was "no disrespect to the bottom 10 clubs, but you don't want to be playing against them every week"

Made me smile. Nice on Warns.

Shame we have trouble performing against them.

To the contrary, the league table of points gathered against bottom half clubs sees Rovers in 3rd place this season.

Well, I stand corrected. Maybe previous seasons are hindering my thought process.

Off topic, does anybody have the link to the London Supporters website at all?

Jim was referring to this game, as was I:

0-5

When younger people think that the misty eyed nostalgia of older people is invalid they should strive to imagine proper competative football when between 1960/61 and 1970/71 the 1st Div was wone by 9 different clubs! Not the same old boring procession of 2/3 mega-rich clubs that we have today.

Just had an interesting conversation about the crowd yesterday.

17 "manure" fans ejected from ground in HOME areas yesterday.

10 ejections from the "away" end.

15 "away" arrests pre match - prob drunk entering ground

10 "away" ejections during the game.

1 "home" ejection during the game

0 "home" arrests pre match.

Congratulations on Rovers support, still very very much the best behaved supporters both home and away :brfcsmilie:

14,513?

yes, according to Mike Jackman.

Rovers were allready relegated having only won 3 games in the second half of the season.

2 days after the United game Rovers lost to Spuds 1-0 gate 7,256

The good old days eh

think i may have missed this if it has already been posted, but nobody seems to have mentione dthe penalty we should have had after about 10 mins when their keeper brought down roberts. loked clear cut at the time, but havent seen it again since

think i may have missed this if it has already been posted, but nobody seems to have mentione dthe penalty we should have had after about 10 mins when their keeper brought down roberts. loked clear cut at the time, but havent seen it again since

The keeper did get a toe on the ball but definetely blocked Roberts, its a hard one to call.

You have to laugh reading some of the comments from the red ratz......''half the ground jumped to its feet when Utd scored''?

F**k off! :lol:

Must admit i was suprised at how few united fans were in the home areas - expected loads.

Archived