BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers - Manchester United

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Agree with what your saying ste, but i think the FA should come out and make clear why he has been dropped.

More likely should be the lunge by rooney and then the mouth after his penalty appeal and also the time that Scholes gripped Bentley by the neck. Yes United had 3 penalty appeals but none of them were pens. The only one which could possibly of been given was the one against Emerton.

B)-->

QUOTE(Ste B @ Apr 23 2008, 19:18 ) 603067[/snapback]
Playing devils advocate here, but which team has had the most penalties in the prem this year ??? Which has had none..

Styles was terrible on Saturday and deserved to be dropped. Numerous dodgy challenges from the likes of Brown and Rooney which went unpunished, and (I've not seen it again) the Roberts penalty claim as well.

I think Brad was unbelivably good this past week and yes reid was clearly not comfy where he was. He had a bad game in a position he doesnt normaly play so ill give him a break.

As for Moko he should have been slaped for leaving ginger snap as open as he was, i mean u can see Brad pointing to him trying to get someone to notice that he was wide open and we paid for it.

Lets hope that carry on like this for the rest of this season and onto the next. If we had played like this this all season who knows where we'd be in the table. UP ROVERS!

Probably worth putting Rovers' performance in context. For all Barca's possession and wonderful technique, they created fewer dangerous threats on the Manc goal than Rovers did on Saturday.

Yes, watching Rovers on saturday against United was a great acheivement you'd have been very proud of Rovers philipl, for our club with less resources than the Mancs, Rovers looked like they had eleven top internationals on the field of play who could not only match them but outplay them.

When it came to strength in depth (the subs) then it showed very clearly the difference between the clubs.

But Cruz in particular looked a top top class player every bit as good as the United boys, he did a twenty yard sprint in front of me second half with Nani and outpaced him over the distance for me when you've got that sort of player in your team you know your in with a great chance of winning.

Probably worth putting Rovers' performance in context. For all Barca's possession and wonderful technique, they created fewer dangerous threats on the Manc goal than Rovers did on Saturday.

Again you conveiniently forget the context that United didn't have a shot on goal penalty aside against Barca, where as our goal was constantly bombarded.

Again you conveiniently forget the context that United didn't have a shot on goal penalty aside against Barca, where as our goal was constantly bombarded.

Constantly bombarded? You've been listening to Fergie and reading too many match reports. They had a fair few chances in the last 20 mintes. For the 70 minutes that preceeded that Brad had not much to do.

Slight exageration eddie.

Anyway, my point is that Rovers caused the Mancs more worrying moments against Vidic and Rio than Barca managed agaed agaist Brown and Rio.

I think the truth was somewhere between you two. I agree that we caused more problems than Barca but we were playing against a team looking to attack whereas last night United played pretty much the entire night with two rows of four in front of Van Der Sar. In fact remarkably like we played against Arsenal at the cup match at the Emirates last season - funny how the reaction to the two has been different.

Eddie - there was precious little pressure in the first half. Friedel's one and only save in the first half was a comfortable one from a Ronaldo header from a corner in the last minute.

B)-->

QUOTE(Ste B @ Apr 23 2008, 19:18 ) 603067[/snapback]
Styles was terrible on Saturday and deserved to be dropped. Numerous dodgy challenges from the likes of Brown and Rooney which went unpunished, and (I've not seen it again) the Roberts penalty claim as well.

Have to disagree .

If refs punish every "dodgy" challenge then you end up with inumerable yellow cards and a few red ones . That means the game is totally devalued and the fans shortchanged .

Styles had a good game - hardly any cards , all 22 players stayed on the pitch , and yet there no really bad challenges at all IMO . Certainly I've seen many two footed , studs up tackles this season (some not carded) ; there was nothing that bad at Ewood .

As for the penalty claims - every one of them was open to interpretation and that's what the ref did , correct every time from what I've seen . And remember , he doesn't see it 23 times from every conceivable camera angle .

The thing is people want a great , hard fought game ...and yet they want every iffy challenge of the opposition's carded . You can't have it all ways . I prefer a performance like Style's every time than some of these pansy refs who blow up every time there's a bit of contact between players .

Totally agree bp- Styles could easily have ruined a thoroughly enjoyable game on saturday and didn't. Haven't been a fan of Styles in the past but I thought he had absolutely the right attitude and got three out of four penalty calls right (Emerton's hand ball was a penalty but we got lucky there).

Yup. BP and Gunner are correct.

Reading his column in the the Mail on Sat 2 weeks ago it's clear that Graham Poll's version of a strong referee is one that dishes out yellow cards like confetti! I prefer to think quite the opposite ...... especially when the plonker in question issued 3 to the same player in the World Cup to earn himself the refereeing equivalent of an early bath! :lol::wstu:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/w...006/5108722.stm

Ste's point is valid in the current reffing climate-normally there would have been a ton of yellows, esp Brown!

Thought Styles was a throw back to 7~10 years ago refs, let em get on with it style, can't stand all this booking for a breathing on stuff nowadays. And it suits Rovers too.

Once again, I remembered today thinking, how on earth did the whole away end full of Utd followers get to stand throughout the whole match?? Is it not breaking the law? I really does wind me up that when I think about the amount of grief I've seen given to our fans around the country this season.

gallery_1768_2_366245.jpg

Because of it is, then these coppers are not doing their job.

I've raised it before and the excuse is basically there are too many of them.

Easy enough - just remove them row by row, the message will soon get through.

It's particularly galling when you read of tactics used on our own fans at the Blackburn End though recently I have not heard much from there - have things improved?

They should install a sprinkler system and warn fans by letter prior to games that if they dont all sit then the sprinkles will be switched on for short bursts, going to longer, depending on whether or not they are listening.

They should install a sprinkler system and warn fans by letter prior to games that if they dont all sit then the sprinkles will be switched on for short bursts, going to longer, depending on whether or not they are listening.

:D

When we're playing Utd. preferably with a healthy electric current running through the Darwen End terracing as well................................

Fair enough, what harm does it cause if they all want to stand. If all the BBE stood up it would be the same.

I'll tell you what is NOT fair enough McClarky........ What if not ALL wanted to stand? I guess that you are happy in the assumption that all the people in that piccy want to stand up for 90 mins? Well imo I'd wager that the majority wanted to sit down but that a minority standing up towards the front means that ALL those behind will have to do the same.... or simply not be able to watch the match.

Archived