BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers - Manchester United

Or maybe it isn't in view of the fact that Setanta announced during commentary that unbelievably that was the 21st time Styles has officiated United this season. How can that be right? He's bound to develop an affinity or familiarity with the United players refereeing them that regularly.

Lap dog Ringer Stooge

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know a lot of people have been saying that the tackles by Brown/Tevez/Rooney were all part of the game - but if you look back at the TWO fouls that Dunn committed at Old Trafford and got a yellow for each then really there should've been more yellows in this game.

Styles Dropped to League 2, for not awarding man utd 2 penalties, neither of which were clear cut.

I'm all in favour of dropping refs who consistently have bad games but i thought he had a decent enough game against man utd.

Bloody hell.

That proves my point really, albeit for entirely the wrong reasons.

We're almost at the point whereby the "other" sixteen clubs might as well not bother playing the the top 4. Just award them the points automatically and let them play each other on a new PPV channel for Sky/Setanta every week.

Remember Clattenburglar's disgraceful display in favour of Liverpool in the Merseyside Derby? Don't remember any action being taken against him.

Styles Dropped to League 2, for not awarding man utd 2 penalties, neither of which were clear cut.

I'm all in favour of dropping refs who consistently have bad games but i thought he had a decent enough game against man utd.

Ridiculous, Rooney was caugth a little bit but he clearly simulated also. Brets was a more clear cut shout but I've seen worse not given.

Why don't they just word it as it is, rather than "for not awarding Man U penalties" it should be worded "for not making sure Utd Won"

CORRUPT,BIASED ,FIXED,AWFUL ,DISGRASEFUL ETC

HOW THE HELL CAN THIS BE RIGHT ,IF REFS WERE DROPPED FOR NOT GIVING DECISIONS ACROSS THE GAME THERE WOULD BE NO REFS LEFT...

ITS A FRIGGIN OUTRAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's disgraceful.

What is that telling referees? :angry2:

It should be telling referees that it's time they stood together and resisted this kind of blackmail .

If the Scum had shouts for a couple of penalties then we had at least one . No mention of that though ..........

And what's all this nonsense about the growing trend for officials to apologise to clubs for "wrong" decisions . They should give the decisions as they see it at the time and apologise for nothing .

If you actually look at all the penalty incidents only 1 of them was actually a pen, the Brett handball. Rooney threw himself in the air 2 seconds after his shoelace was flicked-whilst looking at the ref in mid-air. Pathetic. Vogel got the ball for the other decision.

So when you look at the fact the corner for the goal was in fact a GOAL KICK, that evens everything out imo.

And to be dropped to league 2 is a disgrace, all the ridiculus ref performances we've seen in the past coupla yrs and at worst they're punished by a week in the championship! Im getting more and more turned off by this premier league with each coming week :angry:

refs make mistakes-but why is it-when they make mistakes against the likes of man utd,arsenal, chelsea and liverpool they are dropped, and against other teams nothing happens??

In fairness - didn't the same referee give Chelsea a very dodgy penalty at Anfield and nothing happened.

Have to say i was thinking the same thing Mum. My initial reaction was outrage at the fact that he has been dropped over this, as it sends out a message that all referees should give free penalties to "top" clubs.

However, after calming down a little (Can't believe i got worked up about referees getting treated unfairly :blink: ) i wonder if he's been dropped because he put up with torrents of abuse from Rooney in the same months that they are supposedly having a crackdown on backchatting. I hope the governing body release a statement explaining the reasons - If it's the penalties i'm going back into angry mode.

• Backroom

Gordon Bennett !!!! When you read the drivel on that MB it really comes home just how hard done to Scumchester fans think they were !!

They want to try being a Rovers fan for a season and see what it's like when refereeing decisions go against you week after week - rather than their god-given right to at least one penalty per game.

I really do hate those Manc ***####'s :angry:

"Are we going to get some sort of Apology? If not we deserve one really"

You get idiots on all message-boards, but there seems a much higher proportion than usual on redcafe.

Why the hell would United deserve an apology?

is that a doctorered page modes or is it for real???

Real unfortunately.

The whole thing is just mind numbingly stupid. There are a lot of refs who have had fair worse single games and some with worse seasons who get away it, some can't even count the number of yellow cards! If it had been the other way round and it was us on the end of those decisions against man utd I sincerely doubt the same action would have been taken.

How does anyone know that's what it's for anyway? It's only one paper carrying that story and we all know what they are like about "big" teams. I suspect it's because of a series of mistakes. You don't normally get done for just not giving penalties as anyone can make that kind of mistake. Pens are often a subjective decision (listen to pundits debating them almost every game) and the ref can't see everything clearly, particularly in a crowded penalty area.

I've just a nice conversation with a Man U fan who lives next door to one of my mates in Bolton. Typical Man u fan conversation. Briefly, it went something like this.

Manc: "Our end went mad when we equalised. People were diving all over each other. It was complete mayhem."

Me:"Yeah it looked a bit rowdy. Glad equalising against Rovers now means so much to you."

Manc:" Nah, we were celebrating cos that goal makes a big difference in the title race"

(... a couple of minutes talk about the game follow)

Manc: "At least we helped sell your ground out"

Me: "Well it does help when the away side bring 8000"

Manc:" It wasn't just them, we must have had 2000 in the stands down the sides of the pitch."

Me: "Flip off, how do you work that out.

Manc:"Did you not see them all going mad in your stands when we scored.

Me:" No I didnt and I was looking round. Anyway, how the flippin hell did you see round the ground when it was mayhem with people diving all over you.

(pause)

Manc:" I didnt really but thats what they're all saying on the internet."

At least when City talk of taking over Ewood a few years back there's some truth in it!

Playing devils advocate here, but which team has had the most penalties in the prem this year ??? Which has had none..

Styles was terrible on Saturday and deserved to be dropped. Numerous dodgy challenges from the likes of Brown and Rooney which went unpunished, and (I've not seen it again) the Roberts penalty claim as well.

Archived