BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers - Manchester United

That's the bit that annoys me too.

Ewood Park (players and fans) only seems able to get properly motivated by that lot paying a visit. The atmosphere was a whole lot better than at any time this season, and the performance on the pitch was unrecognisable from the recent garbage which has been served up.

Interesting quote from Jason Roberts in the LT: "I haven't felt this disappointed after a football match for a long time," said the former Wigan striker.

I. like probably most Rovers fans, was a lot more disappointed with the spineless rollover at Anfield and quite a few other games than I was about the best team in Europe getting a deserved equaliser.

Confirms your point

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply
We have blown the chance with a couple of home draws in recent weeks, whilst villa have racked up 15 goals in 3 games.

If we'd have managed to score 15 goals in our last three games I'd have been more than happy (United, Liverpool, Spurs).

I think his point is, that now that it is crunch time, Villa have stepped into another gear. We, on the other hand, seemed quite content to drop points to sides we should have been beating easily.

Maybe not easily but I would have expected us to beat Fulham and Spurs at home. Put up more resistance away to Liverpool, Reading and West Ham. The last 2 have been struggling of late.

They have done what we normally do, which is go on a winning run to the end of the season, whereas we have gone the opposite way, winning 1 in the last 6. Which if you are after a European spot is not good enough.

Even with 3 wins from 3, which we will not get, i find it difficult to see us finishing ahead of Everton or Villa, probably even Man City now.

Still we do have the pleasure of facing Birmingham last game, likely to be in the knowledge that a win will send them down.

Must be a NW thing, peculiar to BRFC, Man City, Bolton and Wigan cos it's odd that feet never appear to turn away from the likes of Newcastle, Everton, Spurs, WHU etc no matter how poorly they perform.

It's been my opinion ever since we got into the Prem that the supporters of BRFC must be prepared to foster more commitment and effort to maintain a top team than the supporters of the big city clubs. Unfortunately nowadays weak minded individuals, low incomes and the pub TV is the enemy within the town.

weak minded individuals? Are you saying that because people have the audacity to complain about something because of the perceived value they get is being weak minded?

Or is weak minded, being one of 50,000 sheep at Newcastle that put supporting their football club higher than taking their wife on holiday?

I might be wrong, but I don't think Everton have applied for the Inter two-bob, so what we need is for Villa to catch Everton, get the UEFA cup spot and then we get the Two-bob place on the basis that we are the highest placed applicant.

Great point Chesh - although we'd also have to finish above Citeh as well.

Reading the RedCafe match thread on this game just shows how mature everyone is on here. About 90% of the posts for the game seem to contain more swear words (often the post is just one swear word) than normal words.

But like someone said - they really can't stand Friedel :)

Great display,Hughes was spot on tactically but the main thing for me was the tempo we played at and the passion the players showed.

When we get back to that 'in your face' football we really are a team to contend with. When we try and out - football sides we look pretty ordinary.

On the way back I remebered exactly why I have so little time for Man U fans, all they were talking about was how much a flight to Moscow will cost. Come on Barca!!

:rover: my take on saturdays game,was it was bloddy FANTASTIC.pity sparky thought it wise to bring on the axe,who then decided to mark fresh air instead of scholes at the corner,other than that i rated the lads as

friedal -10

reid -5

samba-8

nelsen-8

warnock-9

bentley-6

vogel-8

emerton-9

mgp-8

santa-8

roberts-6

:rover:

:rover: my take on saturdays game,was it was bloddy FANTASTIC.pity sparky thought it wise to bring on the axe,who then decided to mark fresh air instead of scholes at the corner,other than that i rated the lads as

friedal -10

Minus 10? Bit harsh I thought he did ok.

No he didn't, he was basically just a big lump up there. First of all he should have scored only a couple of minutes into the match, after that he did nothing apart from barge into people. Yes, sometimes it causes people a bit of trouble, but it looks much more effective than it really is. He regularly got the ball out wide and was simply at a loss as to what to do. He just didn't make many contributions to our attacking play.

what a load of bull, Roberts was great on saturday and ran his socks off all game. His work rate is far better then McCarthy and thats why he is in the side at the moment.

The one small criticism I'd have of Roberts (and it is a small criticism) is - Why didn't he shoot first time when he was caught by Kuzcak? When your first touch is so bad your second is usually a tackle - he should have just hit it first time.

Roberts is good at chasing the ball down, being a physical threat and holding the ball up, but he just isnt a goalscorer at the top level.

For that 1 reason alone, I would rather Benni played most games rather than him. Roberts is better as an impact sub, maybe they should give him 30 mins every game to come on as a sub and try and impact the game.

Roberts is good at chasing the ball down, being a physical threat and holding the ball up, but he just isnt a goalscorer at the top level.

For that 1 reason alone, I would rather Benni played most games rather than him. Roberts is better as an impact sub, maybe they should give him 30 mins every game to come on as a sub and try and impact the game.

100% spot on. Roberts is decent enough at being a targetman to hold the ball up, but he will not score enough goals for this level. Benni Mc will do if he is given the starts, every player suffers from patches of form, it's just Hughes doesn't seem willing to let Benni rediscover his at the moment.

Must be a NW thing, peculiar to BRFC, Man City, Bolton and Wigan cos it's odd that feet never appear to turn away from the likes of Newcastle, Everton, Spurs, WHU etc no matter how poorly they perform.

It's been my opinion ever since we got into the Prem that the supporters of BRFC must be prepared to foster more commitment and effort to maintain a top team than the supporters of the big city clubs. Unfortunately nowadays weak minded individuals, low incomes and the pub TV is the enemy within the town.

I wouldn't say that, theno. What I am trying to say - badly it seems - that when you know how well your team can play if it suits them, you feel short-changed when they put in a less than committed display. Commitment works both ways.

I think the 65% includes the amount of time they had the ball for all the free kick they got for simply falling over. Also included is the amount of time United's "top" defenders spent holding and such, unpunished of course add to that the amount of time Rooney spent mouthing off to the officials and you have about 65%

:rover: i thought 65% was about right,we let ourslves down in the 2nd half when we let utd come on to us all the half,give fergie his due he put his 1st team out and rooney will be sore after his hari kari dive into nelsen :brfcsmilie:

You could also reverse that arguement.

If it wasnt for individuals having weak minds, they would have walked away and not put up with some of the dross served up at Ewood. I would suggest that its the low income supporters that are the backbone of support. As for pub tv, well yes I would agree with you there :unsure:

I checked the stats at 70 mins and it was 45-55 at that point.

Seems improbable that the last 20 minutes swung it to 35-65.

Is not improbable, it's impossible.

If the possession was 45% Rovers and 55% United at 70 minutes, then United would have to have 100% possession for the last 20 minutes to change the overall calculation to 35-65. If they count the injury time that would change the calculation slightly but not such that a 35/65 split could be believable.

Archived