BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Pre-season Friendlies

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
at least if we're looking weak in set areas now then Incy still has time to do something about it. Definatly need a proper right back and a few more sessions with that defence coach

Very true - better to lose in pre-season friendlies than in matches with points at stake.

The true test will be Everton away - lets hope he has it sorted by then. Personally I worry that it won't be - I think it will take time for Ince to change the style of play from what the players have been used to for the last three seasons. If I remeber correctly - it took Ince a while to get things moving at his previous two clubs.

Presumably Ince already has his strongest starting line up in mind and is just experimenting with one or two different things.

You'd have thought they might have needed more than 90 minutes together before the big kick off though.

Wake up smell the coffee Revidge blue ! We are in trouble, the players are probably wondering what the hell is going on, the commenttor says they look lethargic thats because they lack motivation and are disinterested and whatever the manager says doesnt matter because they have little respect for him.

If Ince cant pull off a big transfer or two come the end of August this is going to be a big survival battle season.

im really glad Ince is recognising the talents of Judge and Treacy. I've always thought we've been sitting on a gold mine of talent in those two and its good to see it start to shine through

Wake up smell the coffee Revidge blue ! We are in trouble, the players are probably wondering what the hell is going on, the commenttor says they look lethargic thats because they lack motivation and are disinterested and whatever the manager says doesnt matter because they have little respect for him.

If Ince cant pull off a big transfer or two come the end of August this is going to be a big survival battle season.

Could they look lethargic because they are a week behind Wolves in their training ? Championship starts next week - they will have been in pre-season training at least a week more than Rovers.

There will also be an element of them being up for it in front of their home crowd.

I agree there will be an element of uncertainty in the squad at the moment - especially as tactics and training methods will have changed. But I think you are being more than a little over the top. The time to judge Ince will be about two months into the new season - when his tactics will be bedded in - and hopefully a few more signings as well.

I must admit the lateness of the new signings does worry me - but that isn't Ince's fault - he was thrown in at the deep end with little time to prepare - and it was always going to be learning curve as his targets changed from 1st Div and Championship players to international players.

You must be great to be around - your glass always half empty by any chance ?

a year ago today we lost a friendly match at huddersfield - and everyone acted then like it is the end of the world. oh and what a horrible season followed when we finished 7th?. all this negativity is typical of rovers supporters

Dont know what the background scenario was back then, but theres a big change going on at the club presently and it doesnt seem positive- if i'm wrong then i'll see it in an increase in the home crowds for this coming season.

I don't want to go overboard on the back of a friendly result but I must again ask:

WHY do experienced but crap players get repeat chances but youngsters get the drop at the earliest opportunity?

Reid is crap at RB. He has proven time and time again. Yet he still gets picked - whilst Kane has been shafted.

Mokoena is a crap player. It couldn't be more obvious if he walked around with "I am crap" on his forehead. Yet he still gets picked, time and again, and someone like Nolan has been tossed into the refuse.

Kane wasn't terrible in pre-season. In fact, can anyone who saw any of the matches really say that he's an inferior RB to Reid?

I'm not saying Kane or Nolan are great players but they are discriminated against compared to the expediocre bottom fluff that is Reid and Mokoena (Reid has some redeeming features but Moko none).

And that is not going overboard.

Dont know what the background scenario was back then, but theres a big change going on at the club presently and it doesnt seem positive- if i'm wrong then i'll see it in an increase in the home crowds for this coming season.

That's a brave prediction - you've already been told in the Fans Forum thread a number of ST holders have yet to renew. :rolleyes:

Of course, there's no credit crunch and attendances would obviously have soared had Hughes stayed.

I don't want to go overboard on the back of a friendly result but I must again ask:

WHY do experienced but crap players get repeat chances but youngsters get the drop at the earliest opportunity?

Reid is crap at RB. He has proven time and time again. Yet he still gets picked - whilst Kane has been shafted.

Mokoena is a crap player. It couldn't be more obvious if he walked around with "I am crap" on his forehead. Yet he still gets picked, time and again, and someone like Nolan has been tossed into the refuse.

I'm not saying Kane or Nolan are great players but they are discriminated against compared to the expediocre bottom fluff that is Reid and Mokoena (Reid has some redeeming features but Moko none).

And that is not going overboard.

Did Judge and Treacy not play in this match ?

I agree about Mokoena - and to a lesser extent Reid (who I think is probably just about adequate as RB cover). But surely we should give Ince the opportunity to see this himself before deciding whether to accept the supposed offer from Stoke. He has to assess the whole squad - before making any informed decisions - please don't judge Ince until he has had the chance to do this. So far in pre-season he has given younger players far more chance than MH ever did.

Archived