[Archived] Pre-season Friendlies

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What an shocking start to the season

We've signed a fat scouser whos apparently been awful

We've got no goalkeeping coach

We have sold big but bought small

We're signing a third division retard and a defender that couldn't hold down place at sunderland when on loan

We've lost to a side in the division below. I have heard someone saying on the issue that they'll be a week a head or something however we should still be beating teams like them!

We just beat Northwitch Victoria or someone who are in the conference or in the leagues below with a last minute deflection.

Somone also said we also lost to Huddersfield a year ago today (i went) however we had MARK HUGHES

Reid playing in his worst position- right back

The Axe playing is a joke.

The players aren't up for it and ince is sitting in the directers box at Wolves

This whole thing is a disaster and a joke

Just to top it of I have season ticket

I just hope that Mr Ince sorts it out.

Nope ...... just start the process of very 'discreet enquiries' in order to line somebody else up for about late October should we start like Bolton did last season. There is no doubt that Bolton would be playing in the Championship if they had stuck with their 'mistake' any longer than they did. If it all goes titsup with the team then time will be of the essence.

btw Speaking of Notlob......... I don't think Big sams doing owt yet. ;)

So we dont sack Ince we just undermine and constructively dimiss him. Quality.

He wasn't my choice Laudrup was and I was seriously p1ssed off at the time of his appointment. He is here now and going nowhere this side of Christmas no matter what you or I say. I thought the penny had dropped with you following your broken record routine in the aftermath of Ince landing the job but it seems we're back to square 1 after a pre season friendly.

Anybody would think that you want Ince to fail and your dislike of him supersedes your support of the club.

Grow up.

The mind is willing but the flesh is weak

I can feel a compo claim coming on, being an ex-altar boy, with these comments Jan ! (reminds me of what the bishop used to say...) :o

Amongst a multitude of crapness in a sea of mediocrity today, one fact stands out - not only was there a mexican wave, but it did about five laps around.

They never appear in decent games, it's always a diversionary ploy to distract from the tripe onfield.

So we beat Benfica and lose to Wolves to me it dosen't start alarm bells ringing but it just shows the same thing that plagues Rovers season after season and that is a lack of CONSISTANCY!!!

But it all honesty it was a friendly so the was hardly going to be 100% by everyone was there? We've got a new manager in Ince and we need to back him because if he dosen't have our suppport chances are he will fail and quickly. Don't judge Ince on friendly games hes a young manager still learning his trade but i'd say judge him around christmas time.

Why complain about signing Simpson? Hes/was an England under 21 international, hes pacey and is a RB not a winger,midfielder,full back but an out an out full back who will becoming to Rovers to prove to everyone and himself that he can make it at this level.

The signings haven't stopped here and won't do because Incey wants a few more in and that can either help to make or break our season.

Cheer up everyone!!! :)

"thenodrog" clearly is a joke.

First the Thatcher thing (saying that she was a good PM) and now saying that Big fat Sam should get the job.

FIRST HALF-

Hoof over the darwen end from pedersons shot

hoof over the riverside from robinsons goalkick

hoof over the blackburn end from a shot amied at the darwen end goal from Fowler

Second Half-

Hoof over the blackburn from the axes shot

hoof into highercroft from the cross from pederson

hoof into darwen from sambas clearence

Full time-

Walk into the house and hoof to the cat.

Rovers would certainly have to give big fat sam a shot string budget to work on as the club would have to keep spending money on new match balls.

What an shocking start to the season - SEASON HAS NOT STARTED YET

We've signed a fat scouser whos apparently been awful - WE'VE NOT SIGNED HIM YET

We've got no goalkeeping coach - HE'S ONLY LEFT TODAY FFS

We have sold big but bought small - NO CHOICE WITH FRIEDEL OR BENTLEY - CARLOS COULD WELL BE BIG.

We're signing a third division retard and a defender that couldn't hold down place at sunderland when on loan - WEVE NOT SIGNED ANY THRID DIVISION PLAYERS. AND NO RETARDS AS FAR AS I KNOW

We've lost to a side in the division below. I have heard someone saying on the issue that they'll be a week a head or something however we should still be beating teams like them! PREM WINNING SIDE GOT BEAT OFF HIBS PRE-SEASON in 1994

We just beat Northwitch Victoria or someone who are in the conference or in the leagues below with a last minute deflection. - MAINLY RESERVES BUT ON THEIR SALARIES AGREE SHOULD HAVE DONE BETTER

Somone also said we also lost to Huddersfield a year ago today (i went) however we had MARK HUGHES - WE HAD MARK HUGHES - AND WE STILL LOST A PRESEASON GAME

Reid playing in his worst position- right back - AGREE ALTHOUGH INCE HAS TO TRY TO FIND THIS OUT

The Axe playing is a joke. - AGREE ALTHOUGH INCE HAS TO TRY TO FIND THIS OUT

The players aren't up for it and ince is sitting in the directers box at Wolves - BOLUX , THEY CERTAINLY LOOKED UP FOR IT IN THE TWO PORTUGUESE GAMES

This whole thing is a disaster and a joke - WHAT IS?

Just to top it of I have season ticket - GLAD TO HEAR IT

I just hope that Mr Ince sorts it out. - DONT WE ALL

We're signing a third division retard and a defender that couldn't hold down place at sunderland when on loan

We've lost to a side in the division below. I have heard someone saying on the issue that they'll be a week a head or something however we should still be beating teams like them!

We just beat Northwitch Victoria or someone who are in the conference or in the leagues below with a last minute deflection.

Somone also said we also lost to Huddersfield a year ago today (i went) however we had MARK HUGHES

its a ONLY A FRIENDLY-all that matters in pre season is match fitness-paul ince is experimenting with his squad-im sure in every friendly we have played we havent even played close to our first 11-its about players getting fit, youngsters getting a chance, players on trial trying to prove themselves, trying players in different positions, and working on new formations..

I've been going since 1987 and I have never felt so pessimistic at the start of a season.

JW has done a tremendous job for us but I'm sure he has made a massive mistake with Ince. We have not only lost Mark Hughes but also one of the most qualified and highly rated young management teams in Europe. Ince has no qualifications and has brought in Archie Knox and a 4th Division management team. The players are surely going to notice a drop in quality and I'm sure they already have.

Ince's interviews are awful, when he starts being shown on Match of the Day etc with any kind of regularity then we are going to be an absolute laughing stock.

There is no angle in which I can see Robbie Fowler as being of any benefit to us whatsoever. Ince obviously wants Andrews but I get the impression JW might be trying to stop that. We have also signed a poor keeper on a very expensive contract. I'm excited about Villanueva but he's a risk.

Pre season friendlies are not always a great indication of what is going to happen but everything else suggests we are heading for a rough ride.

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=W1TLNrpXYxw&...feature=related

There is nothing else to say on the Ince matter except, 'Give him a chance'.

Don't make ridiculous comments based on a few friendlies when he is trying out players here and there having a good look at the squad.

Complaining about Reid playing at right back when Ince has made it quite clear that signing an out and out right back is one of his top priorities. He has to look at who can play there in the current squad if he can't sign one before the end of the transfer window or in case of injuries. Quality right backs at reasonable prices are not easy to find, Villa have been looking for one for over a season!

Ince has to look at Mokoena to see where he plays best, he's tried him in midfield and now in defence. Sure he is not the greatest player but he is still a squad player and with our relatively small squad no doubt he will need to be used at times. Sure we slate Mokoena but I don't remember anyone going crazy at Hughes whenever he got a runout? If Ince starts Mokoena at center back in the first game then I'll give you £50.

We had to sell Friedel and Bentley, Friedel moved for money and wanted to go, Bentley put us in a situation where we couldn't keep him at the club.

We've brought in an international goalkeeper who 12 months ago everyone was raving about and he could very well get back to that form. Friedel was regarded as dodgy when he first came. Villanueva looks like a very exciting prospect and could well be a big signing. Fowler is on trial and hasn't signed a deal, Andrews isn't here, what's the big fuss?

Hughes took half his backroom team to Man City, not Ince's fault, he brought in Eric Steele who is regarded as one of the best goalkeeping coaches around , how was he too know RFW would come in for him afterwards, as well as some of his trusted staff. It's not like he had time to wait around hand picking people

We need to get behind Ince and Blackburn.

Ince obviously wants Andrews but I get the impression JW might be trying to stop that. COMPLETELY WRONG ON BOTH COUNTS.

We have also signed a poor keeper on a very expensive contract. COMPLETELY DISAGREE.

I know, with no games played, we're only third in alphabetical order behind Arsenal and Villa.

It's a disgrace.

(Is it just me? I don't mind having a pop if the occasion warrants it but the world seems to be going mad!)

I know, with no games played, we're only third in alphabetical order behind Arsenal and Villa.

It's a disgrace.

(Is it just me? I don't mind having a pop if the occasion warrants it but the world seems to be going mad!)

Exactly, right now were sitting in the Champions League places, I guess people were expecting us to be making a challenge for the title by now.

By the way, I saw Chelsea lost to Lokomotiv Moscow on penalties in a friendly, surely Scolari has had enough time and should be sacked, what a joke of a manager he is!

I have had a great laugh at the village idiots, exposing just how little they understand about football. We must keep all the posts from the doom and gloom merchants, and throw them back in their miserable faces, when we are riding high at Christmas.

They feed off negativity, give them an Ince, and they take a mile!

Sorry, now I hate myself!!!

It was very poor today, the second half... we didn't have the ball hardly. Just wasteful.

Robinson was okay, could have commanded more but did a lot better than most.

Reid isnt a right back, went missing too often when he was needed defensively.

Warnock was okay, not the Warnock of normal but no concerns really.

Samba and Moko isn't a good enough centre half pairing, we missed Nelsen.

Judge impressed me first half, I thought he played well. Still could see the lack of experience, but seems a good prospect.

Dunn was our best player, I think he had a good game in middle of park. Bad tackle for pen but I think he was wound up over the previous tackle on Judge.

Tugay did quite well, he was battling and passing well, although lost influence as the game progressed.

MGP didn't really get involved.

Derbyshire was making some good runs, and to be fair, got a goal.

Roque looked sharp, was nothing up front when he went off.

Roberts was very poor today. Very.

The mexican wave was funny, although after the 4th nobody could be bothered. Very underwhelming. I got so bored of the tripe on the pitch I re-read the programme.

Ince was lapping up the applause from his Wolves buddies, but ignored us on several occasions. He was waving and gesturing to them lot but we didn't get a look.

A worrying day, hope we turn it round. Huddersfield last year was poor, but there was a massive Samba mistake and what i thought was a controversial second goal. Plus MGP missed a sitter. Back to now, I am more worried now than then. 4 goals is a lot and it was too easy.

Rev, I don't know about Andrews, you don't know either. I just said it's a feeling I have and is something I have heard.

I stand by the argument the Robinson is a poor keeper, he does not command the box and is very poor on long range shots. He will make some good saves because all keepers do but there are major flaws in his game. How can you argue that he is not on an expensive contract?

Some people on here say the pessimists are new fans. I am 26 and had a season ticket since I was 5 (until I moved to Korea) and this is the worst I've felt in a pre season.

On my other points, nobody can argue that Ince's interviews aren't as bad as it gets, our backroom staff aren't fit for Burnley and to have Robbie Fowler, even on trial is a really sick joke.

So we dont sack Ince we just undermine and constructively dimiss him. Quality.

He wasn't my choice Laudrup was and I was seriously p1ssed off at the time of his appointment. He is here now and going nowhere this side of Christmas no matter what you or I say. I thought the penny had dropped with you following your broken record routine in the aftermath of Ince landing the job but it seems we're back to square 1 after a pre season friendly.

Anybody would think that you want Ince to fail and your dislike of him supersedes your support of the club.

Why are you turning on me? I gave my honest opinion then and I'm sorry to say that my initial concerns appear to be gaining in credibility. I foresaw nothing in Paul Ince to suggest that he was management material and apparently my crime was in saying so on an internet messageboard! If you want a display of blind faith then sorry but I'm not your man.

I think in the above quotation that I suggested that the club should discreetly prepare for the worst case scenario and I stand by that. You obviously in times of concern prefer to stick your head up your own ar.... err in the sand Mr Creosote and simply hope for the best. When in a position of control and responsibility like JW it's wise to bear in mind that everybody makes mistakes no matter who they are (... it's why they put rubbers on the end of pencils after all .... ;) ), sh1t does happen and frequently time is of the essence! JW has only to phone Gartside for confirmation of that. I'm sure Gartside would confirm in hindsight that failing to admit to his mistake and keeping Little sam till Christmas would have seen Bolton relegated.

its a ONLY A FRIENDLY-all that matters in pre season is match fitness-paul ince is experimenting with his squad-im sure in every friendly we have played we havent even played close to our first 11-its about players getting fit, youngsters getting a chance, players on trial trying to prove themselves, trying players in different positions, and working on new formations..

Also Ince and the rest of the staff probable do not know all the players in the squad, what they can or cannot do. It is easy looking at players in training - but you learn more in a game. I heard that Ince was sat in the directors box at wolves, which gives him a better view of all the players. Yes Rovers may lose one or two friendly games. but Ince gets a chance to look at ALL the squad.

Guest Kamy100

Ince needs to sort out the defence. I thought last season for large parts we were suspect at the back, particularly from set pieces. This needs to get sorted as to a large extent we got away with it last season as often our mistakes were not punished.

Ignoring all the melodramatic over excited disaster searching posts (we have beaten barcelona and lost against huddersfield previously in pre season, try not to get excited either way please) i am surprised to see that bert has been moved to right wing in the portugal games and reid rb, i actually thought bert was the best i have ever seen him at rb and surprised hes not had a run there.

Archived