BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Pre-season Friendlies

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ronseal. Usually at least one or two are announced by now aren't they? Lets speculate. I heard we're playing Barcelona as they specifically said that they want revenge for a rainy August Saturday back in 2001.

I quite fancy Wrexham again. Raise a bit of cash for them since they got relegated out of the league and it was a good evening out last year. Far enough to make it feel like a proper away game but not too far to drive after work and get back later. Would like them to go to Germany again too so that my daughter can take new little grandson for his first look at Rovers.

B)-->

QUOTE(Ste B @ Apr 23 2008, 17:48 ) 603057[/snapback]
They are waiting to see if we got into intertoto. Germany is preferred choice now that thats unlikely. (Souce - Fans Forum Minutes)

They are definitely going to Germany again whether or not we're are in the Intertoto - Hughes has requested it specifically. The rest of the programme depends on whether we have the Intertoto. A further complication is that we can't play a Football League club on the weekend before the season starts as their league starts then. May therefore be a foreign team.

Would love to see them play in France against Lorient as they are about the same position in their respective leagues. That way I might get to see some preseason as I'm usually in France for the summer and miss almost all the games.

they should ressurect the lancs cup

Aye, let's do the plague and black death while we're at it. ;)

Assuming we're not in the intertoto, in an ideal world, I'd like to see us in a televised mini tournament abroad somewhere against top quality opposition. The competitive element of the intertoto seemed to serve us in good stead in the early part of the season.

Preston want to announce a big fixture to open their stand officially, I believe they are in talks with Rovers about their availability. They are already pencilled in to play Everton and Man City as has been the norm over recent years but Rovers are the ones they want again.

• 3 weeks later...

Wolves? No chance i am going there! Hate that place - i hate the Midlands actually, very depressing place.

Also not so keen on their fans after being ambushed a few times under the famous "bridge" - bar stewards.

Does anyone fancy Germany for a weekend when they release the dates? Usually good weatherm good beer and we can meet the players!

Archived