BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Pre-season Friendlies

Changing tune to the Breda fans yesterday, I thought 300 or so who came were looking to take Blackburn as possibly their English team to support judging by how many of them had bought and were wearing Rovers scarves over their yellow football jerseys after the game.

I dont know if they left with a favourable impression of Rovers as the Ewood crowd was so low, but I genuinely thought they were excellent fans to have come so far for a friendly fixture and show an excellent spirit.

Will certainly keep an eye out for Breda results from now on.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought they were pretty a vociferous bunch too - gave us a run for our money at some points. I guess away fans tend to have the most fun!

Btw, anyone else spot the (lack of) crowd behind the Simpson photo on the official site - albeit the Riverside. One guy looks bored to tears! Shame the photographer didn't get the JW or BB end in the background to give the impression of a crowd!

Looked to me like Karl Robinson - Archie Knox' number 2 - and I was sat fairly close

Okay, next spotting question - this is beginning to suggest crowd spotting was preferable to game watching ! - who was that sat between Burnley Bob Coar & Williams, i.e. next but one to Ince, next but two to Robinson. David Brown? How often is he at games, can anyone confirm?

Take a look at the Breda fans site videos and pictures of the game...gives a clear indication of the crowd (lack of!)

They gave their team good support.

Talking of which has anybody any idea what the attendance was? I think it was so low even Rovers website were embarassed to disclose how many there were (or weren`t!). :blush:

Agree with the poster above. The cross for the goal was superb, but for the mostpart, his crossing was poor. He seemed to be looking for the gap between defenders and hoping it would find a player.

And what about the cross that McCarthy should have done better with in the first half ?

I have no illusions he isn't the finished article - but I think you are unbelievably harsh on him.

I'm prity sure in todays Lancashire Telegraph it said there were 10,000 there :blink: from the sounds of it it was more closer to 5000 if that.

Unless the JW was full - can't see how there was 10K. I would have estimated around 7K - considering our poor pre-season, lack of exciting signings (that could play) and the c*** weather, hardly surprising. I am sure if Carlos had played the gate would have been far higher.

Official attendance 10,238

A blatant lie or genuine mistake that attendance of 10k?

The real attendance was something in the region of less than 5000, which i think is one of the lowest crowds ever seen since the new Ewood was built.

10,238 was the official attendance given for the game at Wolves last week! So, its either an incredible co-incidence or a typo in the paper - LT reporter using last week's report as a template for Saturday's game?

There's no way Ewood was one-third full on Saturday

It would have been 4321 if I had known that beer is now £3 a pint..and that we have installed that horrible electronic advertising around half the ground! Really irritating on the eye from row 3 of the Jack Walker Upper!

10,238 was the official attendance given for the game at Wolves last week! So, its either an incredible co-incidence or a typo in the paper - LT reporter using last week's report as a template for Saturday's game?

There's no way Ewood was one-third full on Saturday

I have just sent an E-mail to Paul Plunkett at the LT. Not good enough !

Archived