BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Pre-season Friendlies

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just back from work and relying on the updates from Ewood.

Sounds very much like last season, poor first half good second half.

Am not overly concerned about todays game however am looking forward to watching massive sity at 5.15pm

Nice to see Treacy doing well

Our best youngsters? So that would be...hmm...just Treacy then?

Having said that, he'll probably get the blame for this, like he did the Coventry result.

Judge has done well and Olsson has not looked out of place in his recent appearances.

I have consistently argued that if first teamers are crap/and out of form and we have youngsters enthusiastic and on form, it makes absolute sense to give them transition games.

That's not to field an U21 side and get relegated but to carefully and strategically integrate them, so as to be working for immediate and future success.

Gamst Pedersen was dismal most of last season. Why did we not see more of Treacy or Peter? (I have to admit that injuries did curtail their chances but Hughes still very reluctant to drop Gamst).

My philosophy is very simple, give youthful promise a chance if your only other option is mediocre experience.

I don't disagree with your overall sentiment, we should give youth players more of a chance.

I just found it odd that you chose today to claim we were finally doing that when only Treacy was named in the starting eleven, and Doran the only one on the bench.

I don't think Mccarthy has done much.

Ah so you saw the game then?

We haven't even started the season yet, get off his back! :rover:

A decent little run out today, good reports on Treacy but he has been long touted by the ewood backroom staff. Simpson put in a few good runs down the right, didn't hear much about his defensive abilities but i am hopeful. Robbo had a solid game between the sticks, with a couple of good judgement calls and 1 or 2 good saves, nothing more required.

"Easy on the eye" was how we were described. We will have to wait a while to see the true Ince team but I am hopeful. I think we will also play a different formation from the 4-4-2 of last season but we need Carlos fit and need a few more quality signings.

A very poor first half with little creativity from Rovers,better second with the likes of McCarthy putting some effort in.Nobody really impressed that much for me but we were missing some key players against a decent looking Breda side....a fair result in the end.

Good in a way that the youth are getting their chance with Treacy starting and Judge and Doran being introduced later on but nothing out of the ordinary from the three youngsters.

Paul Ince sat with John Williams during the first half in the JW stand,he was not acknowledged by the sparse crowd even once during the first half,second half he appeared in the dug out and was acknowledged once.....lukewarm reception at best I would say.

Its going to be an interesting season folks!

I stand to be called rotten here, but I thought we were mind-numbingly boring, against a mind numbingly poor Breda side.

Just an observation about today's game, not an observation about the team that will turn out next Saturday.

"Easy on the eye" was how we were described. We will have to wait a while to see the true Ince team but I am hopeful. I think we will also play a different formation from the 4-4-2 of last season but we need Carlos fit and need a few more quality signings.

I've spoke to my mate who went and he said we were 'very, average'.

Will be interesting to get the views of more people who went on here later.

I am a little worried myself.

I thought that the last pre-season game before the start of the season should see your strongest possible squad starting the game. It looked as though he was still tinkering and judging abilities and players best positions. It worries me that it hasn't been sorted before.

If Ince gives Fowler a contract on that performance, then I am seriously worried in his judgement of a footballer - At one point Tugay passed him the ball to his feet, from about 10 yards away...he had no awarness of any team mates around him or opposition players and one of their defenders nipped in before him as he was stood static. - my friend summed it up perfectly "you just know he's 3 yards short and thats being generous."

I hope he can see we need a right winger, badly, Derbyshire didn't today and never has looked comfortable there.

Reid hasn't got the ability to play in the Premiership.

I'm bored of watching Benni McCarthy.

Simpson & Treacy pleasantly surprised me.

But i'm worrying with Ince, I have no doubt he has the ability to be a top manager, I just get the overwhelming feeling that this step has come a little bit too quick for him to handle. I hope i'm wrong. I'm not jumping on the "sack ince" bandwagon or anything like that, i'm just a little worried.

and that's the biggest worry.

I wasn't at the game, but Radio Rovers also thought that it was a good performance by the lads.

Fine passing on the ground and good runs forward.

They also mentioned that the weather and pitch made it difficult to play superb football.

I wasn't at the game, but Radio Rovers also thought that it was a good performance by the lads.

Fine passing on the ground and good runs forward.

They also mentioned that the weather and pitch made it difficult to play superb football.

You're talking about Gerald Jackson here!

The pitch was superb. It allowed for a fast passing game as a wet, even surface always does, and if you can't play on a surface like that, you can't play - full stop.

Archived