BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Pre-season Friendlies

I don't agree the glass is half empty at this stage, Friedel has gone and we've brought in an excellent replacement nine years younger.

Bentley has gone and Villenueva has come in. He might be a real find.

The rest of our transfer activity probably had to wait until the Bentley thing was resolved. We'll be looking at bringing in different players to those we could have done had Bentley not been sold.

Once the transfer window has shut, and if we seem to be stuggling badly once the season is well underway, I might be of a different opinion.

Sorry rev, I'm pleased with Paul Robinson but he isnt in the class of Brad Friedel just yet, he is the best that Rovers could find to replace the legendary Brad but he is a notch down on the super yank.

Villanuava is possibly two notches down on Bentley, as he has to settle in a new country, understand a new language, and come into a training regime that may well be totally unsuitable to the Chilean, on top of which no other Chilean has ever been over here and proved a success. Then theres Fowler, what on earth is he doing at the club.

The poorer players are still at the club, and now we find the youngsters are being given a chance that arent upto premier league standard, the cup for me is now barely a quarter full and Ince is running out of time to correct it.

Corrective actions need to be taken quickly but we have a manger whos still finding his feet, my concerns are great at this moment in time, the glass is barely a quarter full, right now i'd settle for half full.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wolves play in the same div as Burnley and I suggest that all the 'Paul ince was a winner'.... 'lets wait til Christmas' brigade would have a mighty different viewpoint IF we had had the same result against the Dingles today.

So what do you suggest?

Sack him?

Mokoena and Samba as a centreback is a big no no. Talk about an accident waiting to happen. But again it was only a friendly hopefully Ince will see thoose two together is never going to work. Derbs and RSC would be my starting front two for next seaosn if we do indeed go with two upfront.

So what do you suggest?

Sack him?

Nope ...... just start the process of very 'discreet enquiries' in order to line somebody else up for about late October should we start like Bolton did last season. There is no doubt that Bolton would be playing in the Championship if they had stuck with their 'mistake' any longer than they did. If it all goes titsup with the team then time will be of the essence.

btw Speaking of Notlob......... I don't think Big sams doing owt yet. ;)

Just seen the goals on sky, ripped to bits for the 4th

oh well its only pre-season!!

Havent seen the goals yet but would you say there was a lack of desire from the players to prevent Wolves from scoring, in fact did they look uncaring about the situation.

To be honest looking at the camera angles they used the first 2 were hard to properly see and judge. I dont think there is a big need to worry yet, its pre-season and experimenting with players that will not possibly end up starting the season for us, and with others to come in there are still more twists and turns. Pre season means naff all

What a p1sser! It appears that both Bentley and Friedel had top debuts for their new clubs! Bents scored and Brad saved a pen. :(

Brad was slightly to blame for Readings goal. He stood and watched as a wickedly deflected shot trickled onto the post. He only reacted towards the ball once it hit the woodwork but was just too late to stop someone putting the rebound in.

He's past it.

Just got back

We were awful. Anyone looking for positives- there were none. Not true- it was a nice sunny day and the sun was in my face. We looked like a lower championship side playing a mid-table championship side. They were cutting us apart.

Mokoena and Reid? You're having a laugh. We weren't, but the opposition fans were.

Dunn and Judge were our best players. All the driving runs came from Dunn. Tugay- well he's 82. The mind is willing but the flesh is weak- bless him. Still nice passing, though.

Rocky got hurt- fortunately according to the text only out for 3-4 days. Without him, Wolves had, well Derbs to mark. Never use Roberts and the words natural finisher together in a sentence. I could have scored a couple of his chances.

The Wolves fans were singing "Incey is a Wand'rer". I was replying with "you can have him any time you *insert epithet of choice here* like.

we were diabolical today. there really were no positives...wolves were better in every part of the field.

robinson made a few saves that he should have been expected to...where was his commandin of the box for the first goal? I want the guy to succeed, but there was no presence there at all today. mayb its his difference in height to brad, but it just looked odd. cmon robbo!

i'm worried that ince seemed to have three or four numpties behind him all the time telling him what to do. Ince is the boss! he should know what he wants to do, not listen to people who quite frankly arent qualified.

there 4th goal was rediculous.....talk about going missing.

wolves were singing only one paul ince, didnt hear many rovers join in. jurys still out im afraid. early days, but this performance was shocking

fowler.....why bother

only thing to take from this game is that there is massive work to do, and that we should make all efforts to sign michael kightly. some of his touches were class today

Come on boys and girls - you're getting hysterical . Friendlies are very rarely a sign of things to come . Rovers used to be notorious for doing well in them and then getting off to a bad start . And vice versa .

At least that's how I remember them .

Start judging in a fortnight's time at 5 o'clock .

Completely agree with Jan. For me the only positive was the first half performance of Judge and Dunn. As for the rest - dire. The season is just two weeks away and we look completely disjointed. We need a right-back and Samba didn't inspire confidence - surely Zurab and Ooijer must be given a chance to start together in the middle of defence. Roberts continued to frustrate with his performance - far too easily knocked off the ball. As for the brief appearances of Benni and Robbie - the less said the better.

Ince has a lot to do in the next fortnight if the team are to hit the ground running and he needs to use the Bentley money wisely to bring in the new faces that we desperately need.

Completely agree with Jan. For me the only positive was the first half performance of Judge and Dunn. As for the rest - dire. The season is just two weeks away and we look completely disjointed. We need a right-back and Samba didn't inspire confidence - surely Zurab and Ooijer must be given a chance to start together in the middle of defence. Roberts continued to frustrate with his performance - far too easily knocked off the ball. As for the brief appearances of Benni and Robbie - the less said the better.

Ince has a lot to do in the next fortnight if the team are to hit the ground running and he needs to use the Bentley money wisely to bring in the new faces that we desperately need.

Dunn's attempt that conceded the penalty was just Dunny typically slow, championship level at the best.

Dunn's attempt that conceded the penalty was just Dunny typically slow, championship level at the best.

Penalty aside, it would appear than Dunn was the best Rovers player out there according to people who saw the whole game.

Penalty aside, it would appear than Dunn was the best Rovers player out there according to people who saw the whole game.

I thought Dunn worked hard, particularly in the first half. However, as always, he tired as the game went on and the tackle for the penalty was rash to say the least. Sadly, I doubt we'll ever see the Dunn of old again.

Archived