BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Back Door To Europe

If we pass 60 points this season I will consider it a major achievement. We have only lost 9 games and that is quite impressive IMO. If Benni had been closer to the form of last season who knows where we'd be now? I'd be quite happy with 7th, happy with 8th also. 5th is now mathematically impossible, and we aren't going to get 6th.

Guest Kamy100

Have Everton applied for the Intertoto?

If they haven't then I can see Villa winning their last 2 games and finishing above them and meaning that we would only have to finish above City.

He only said now winning the last two games would be unacceptable, nothing more.

It's not a problem heebeegeebee, being told I'm talking rubbish by Hughesy is enough to convince me that I made a valid point!

after our disciplinary record does anyone really think the Fairplay award will go to us? I certainly don't <_<

I think the point is that if someone above us got the fairplay position - the Intertoto cup spot might move down a place.

I think the point is that if someone above us got the fairplay position - the Intertoto cup spot might move down a place.

It's a long shot but England has a one in three chance of getting an extra Uefa spot in the fair play draw, If this happens Everton is atop the Fair Play league. so we would need Villa to pass Everton claiming the Automatic Uefa cup spot, then Everton would go Based on Fair Play, Portmouth would go via the FA cup (barring the whole Cardiff being Welsh and still getting in thing) and the intertoto would fall to us. Not impossible but not likely.

the thing is we still need to do the business,and get the 6 points...its all just if's and but's as to what the other teams need to do,or not do..However if we fail to beat both Derby and Birmingham then its over for us.Our 1st priority would be to get maximum points off both our remaining 2 fixtures.

Just been looking back at past seasons and our current points tally would have us finishing joint 6th last season. 3 more points next week would of seen us finish 5th last season.

It just shows how much the league has improved. So far this year we already have 6 more points than last season. We have also lost 6 less games, so we must still be improving as a team.

Archived