BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nicko's Thread Part 3

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wake up guys, it is obviously a manager currently still involved in the Euros- no way would Gross do anything but fly to see the Rovers if he were interested as he'd have no excuse.

I am afraid it is Dominech for nicko to be so underwhelmed.

Ant possibility that JW could have been meeting Ten Cate in Switzerland? Probably clutching at straws but if he was in Greece at the moment would it have made a sensible mid way meeting point, and make all the hush hush logical due to the Panathanaikos connection?

Worn out, puffed, eyes popping out of my head...this is the latest I have.

1 - the board know who they want, they will probably speak to the guy again today and I understand there are issues to sort out. As of last night I don't think the 'winning candidate' knew.

2 - the interview yesterday may just have been paying lip service to someone. I refuse to name him, but respect to the LET for finding out JW was at the Euros. I thought more of you would have realised that is why HE went to the guy and the guy could not go to HIM.

3 - I have had no feedback on Laudrup and Bilic's English people say it was not him, so those names - who are both in Switzerland just now - would not appear to be right. I think the one I hears IS, but in case I am being fed a line I will keep it to myself.

4 - mended a bridge with Ten Cate's camp this morning, explaining I felt - in my opinion - he was the best man for the job and they should be making it happen. Forgive me for being concerned. Anyway, unless they are lying to me, they say that JW has told them not to bother now because it's too complicated. Seemingly this is what he said to them on Monday - they would not tell me that at the time. Hence the rant about 'trying harder' they got down the phone and which was echoed here with a blast at about the same time.

5 - thanks to the Guardian for joining in that 'conspiracy' which is about all the has made me laugh this morning.

6 - don't bet on the market.

7 - I think [1] suggests one man, but I'm going to hedge my bet on that one.

8 - we should know soon.

9 - I get my life back.

No way will it be Domenech who had a game against Italy on the SAME DAY. No way.

You'd be surprised- the players will have been sent to their rooms for a quiet time for at least four hours during the day so it would actually have been ideal for Domenech to speak with JW.

There is a clear hint that JW was there because he didn't have time to take in the France v Italy match. If he were seeing HtC, I rather suspect he wouldn't have had time to take in the Holland v Romania match.

1 - the board know who they want, they will probably speak to the guy again today and I understand there are issues to sort out. As of last night I don't think the 'winning candidate' knew.

2 - the interview yesterday may just have been paying lip service to someone. I refuse to name him, but respect to the LET for finding out JW was at the Euros. I thought more of you would have realised that is why HE went to the guy and the guy could not go to HIM.

3 - I have had no feedback on Laudrup and Bilic's English people say it was not him, so those names - who are both in Switzerland just now - would not appear to be right. I think the one I hears IS, but in case I am being fed a line I will keep it to myself.

4 - mended a bridge with Ten Cate's camp this morning, explaining I felt - in my opinion - he was the best man for the job and they should be making it happen. Forgive me for being concerned. Anyway, unless they are lying to me, they say that JW has told them not to bother now because it's too complicated. Seemingly this is what he said to them on Monday - they would not tell me that at the time. Hence the rant about 'trying harder' they got down the phone and which was echoed here with a blast at about the same time.

5 - thanks to the Guardian for joining in that 'conspiracy' which is about all the has made me laugh this morning.

8 - we should know soon.

9 - I get my life back.

dam its BFS, mclaren or incy :rolleyes:

Yes, I know it's a cheap shot but it's not often I get the opportunity! :lol:

I thought I would get this in now, just in case you do appoint Michael Laudrup at the last minute. (I wouldn't be too unhappy with that, as I've got £20 on with Paddy Power at 20/1!)

My point, if there is one? You are not a fashionable club (neither are we) and top managers will not beat your door down for this job. Potential managers will choose you - not the other way around. Think yourself lucky that Ince and Allardyce are in the frame. It's still a better candidate list than the one we ended up with.

Broadly agree with you there Zulu.

There are a few factors in our favour though:

1. It is the start of the season (therefore transfer budget is intact),

2. We finished well up the league, so our stock is reasonably high

3. It's the only close season EPL job on offer.

At the moment that makes it a more enticing job than if it came up in December, we're bottom of the league and the last manager has blown the transfer budget.

Cheers Nicko, but can you tell us who this mystery person was supposed to be AFTER the appointment? Really want to find out. And if it is somebody truly terrible like the Frenchman then it might make having Fat Sam as the next manager a bit easier to swallow!

Guest Kamy100

Domenech is a nutter, what does he do after his team get knocked out of Euro 2008?? He goes on TV and proposes to his girlfriend!

Ant possibility that JW could have been meeting Ten Cate in Switzerland? Probably clutching at straws but if he was in Greece at the moment would it have made a sensible mid way meeting point, and make all the hush hush logical due to the Panathanaikos connection?

Hope you're right Darth Paul , i was really looking forward to this news like a kid on xmas eve ,now its raining outside and every things gone grim :unsure:

Points to Paul Ince with is problem of getting special dispensation, and I for one could not be happier, the guy is a born winner and I'd welcome with open arms. That is if he's the one nicko means.

8 - we should know soon.

9 - I get my life back.

Cheers nicko, as always very informative. Covers quite a bit and hope you don't get fed up of the barrage of useless questions that are bound to come your way.

I think that the person Williams meant yesterday could be greek coach Otto Rehhagel.

The guy who can whistle using only his little finger? Why would THAT be underwhelming? The man's a genius!

Much appreciated by all Al. Scotty was quite lost without you yesterday :lol:

Archived