BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nicko's Thread Part 3

Hawkiiz - I agree a little bit, but a suit give you more authority and respect, beucase it <b>distances</b> you from the rest of the players.

Do you think it is by no reason people on wall street and executive managers uses a suit ?

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Like it or not nodrog, the VAST majority of fans don't want Allardyce at Ewood. Look at this forum, the talkbacks on LET articles, polls, everything.

Thank God.

I amongst the fans that don't want BFS at our club but he's the best of the three that seem to be on offer

Ok bit of a conspiracy theory here. Are we sure that Williams definitely didn't go to see Shearer yesterday? Is Nicko trying to keep the story under his hat. Are Nicko's posts about the mystery candidate being totally uninspirational his way of throwing everybody of the scent?

Or am I clutching at straws? :lol:

No thats wrong Pafell. 2000 spotty know-nowt teenagers who in a fine display of lynch mob mentality signed a petition on something called facebook who don't want him. :angry2:

You can be as angry as you want with me for my post - I don't really give a damm. But as you can see from the replies on here, that I am right and it is not just 2000 spotty teenagers who don't want BFS.

There are a lot of people who do not want BFS. Some of these have probable never used facebook - I don't use it.

When has voicing an opinion about this managers preference over another been Lynch mob mentallity? It is just people stating an opinion and saying why they have that opinion - they may not all do it with the best use of words - so be it - they are still entitled to voice their opinion.

Personally I don't really mind who gets the managers job - all I want is for them to do the best job they can and be successful for Rovers. Whoever is appointed I will still be supporting Rovers. If the new manager is no good - they'll be sacked - if they are successful - well they will probable be taken to another club in time.

It has to be one of these:

Luis Aragonés - Going to Fenerbache

Marco van Basten- No chance

Leo Beenhakker- Maybe but too old

Slaven Bilić - We all dream don't we?

Karel Brückner - Dont have a clue, Maybe?

Raymond Domenech - Nope

Roberto Donadoni - Nope

Josef Hickersberger - Maybe

Guus Hiddink- Nope

Köbi Kuhn - Maybe

Lars Lagerbäck - Maybe

Joachim Löw - Nope

Victor Piţurcă - He's the devil dude, doubt it

Otto Rehhagel - Maybe

Luiz Felipe Scolari - Nope

Fatih Terim - Maybe

Mmm...

It appears to my un-educated eyes that from the outset that the Rover's board have set out with their "sights" on a cheap replacement for Hughes with the shortlist that has been more or less consistent here, that being:-

BFS,

McClown

Ince

If that list up there is about it, then it really does speak volumes about the intentions of the board and what their long term goals are for the club... That being mid table mediocrity with a constant source of revenue year in and year out, which being in the Prem league gives us. Also bear in mind that a lot of revenue these days isn't gained from the bums on the seats factor anymore, it is from the Skys of this world and the other myriad of other sources, so this talk of fan power in my opinion doesn't hold as much water as it used to in the past with the high echelons of power.

The board had (has?) the opportunity to make great things happen with this appointment in what I think is a pivotal time for the Rovers, what with the class of players we have on our team, a good, high quality ambitious manager could easily take us up to the top five or beyond with a couple of intelligent signings like Hughes did.

Unfortunately it looks like we may end up with a totally unproven at high level manager (Ince) who at one stage in his career actually insulted the team he may end up using as his career stepping stone. Admittedly he may either cock it all up and we end up playing the Dingles and Preston, or he makes a ½ decent effort at it and the likes of Man City or similar come poaching again.

Also who thinks that this appointment might also be in a way a method of "putting off" the potential buyers of the club by the board, so they can sit up there in their Ivory Towers with the control and wealth that it does bring them?

I know what I would have done...

But I am only fan aren't I

with henk ten cate looking to be out the picture i think we should go for sam allardyce-paul ince has no experience managing in this league(i know mark hughes didnt-but he managed at international level), and it will be a massive gamble to give the job to someone who has only done well in league two..

sam allardyce is the guy for me then..

BFS = pragmatic survival instinct football. Present good prospects of staying in Premier League.

Ince = aesthetic football. Prospects unknown.

It's a greater gamble with Ince, but the rewards are potentially greater.

It's simply a judgement call for the Board to make.

Calm down.

It's silly season.

Why all the doom and gloom?

how do u think ince wud get on in the transfer market, unlike BFS and mclaren he hasnt been to any of the euro games.

probably watching it at home, feet up and watching it on good old bbc 1 or itv ^_^ and luaghing at shearer to saying u dont know wht ur talking about

Archived