BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Paul Ince ?

Would you be happy with an Ince appointment  

244 members have voted

1. 1. Would you be happy with Paul Ince ?

• First Choice
    • Happy
    • Time will tell
    • Joining the NO to Ince Facebook
    • Rather have Grooby

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
when people say....he wasn;t my first choice.....im baffled. who was? Realistically.

There must be a lot of people who had Allardyce as their first choice or people think we can get rijkaard or someone equally unobtainable.

Saying that, there is only one answer to this poll.....wait and see. Just like when any new manager takes over imo.

My first choice was Bilic. I'd also have liked Advocaat and a few others. The fact that we're waiting for Ince's name to be announced, not theirs shows that they weren't realistic. So what? It's JW's job to decide who he approaches and interviews. All I can do is offer an opinion to you folks.

So Ince wasn't my first choice. What's wrong with that? I've written enough on this board about Bilic, Advocaat and others for anyone that gives a monkey's (if there is such a person) to know Ince wasn't my first choice so I'm not going to pretend otherwise.

That said every time I've mentioned Ince it's been along the lines of "not my 1st choice but a good choice". That hasn't changed one iota since I first read his name as a candidate.

I'll repeat: if Ince takes over I'll be a very happy man and will be singing his name very loudly and proudly.

when people say....he wasn;t my first choice.....im baffled. who was? Realistically.

There must be a lot of people who had Allardyce as their first choice or people think we can get rijkaard or someone equally unobtainable.

Saying that, there is only one answer to this poll.....wait and see. Just like when any new manager takes over imo.

Whichever way you look at it...Ince still has never managed a side in the top 3 divisions. Neither has Shearer but then Ince is not a leged around Ewood like Big Al.

Ince is on the list of interesting gamble...first choice would be along the lines of managers we obviously either are not going to go for or just would not be interested.

Most peoples first choices were unrealistic like Billic, or my one Mancini :lol:

That's a sensible and perceptive answer, I guess we all think we deserve someone better (even though we don't know how good he is/will be), it's a pride thing

:rover: WITH jw going to the euro's i thought bilic might have had a smiff,but ince was in my original list.not much off a gamble,from the school off managers that is old trafford.heard today HENNING BERG is to join in some capacity,what you learn swimming in the DUNK is amazing :brfcsmilie:

Time will tell. He wasn't my first choice for manager, but I prefer him to Allardyce, McClaren and Shearer.

Ditto.

This infintile "Grooby Grooby Grooby" ###### is wearing a bit thin.

It's not infantile, it's tradition. Guess you got to know the history of this site. :)

I believe people were far happier with Hughes becoming manager...

But why is not so clear.. They have similar experience IMO, and in terms of stature pretty similar coming into the job.

Rovers employing someone who isnt qualified .EH!! Doesnt look or sound good does it.

Fair enough if he isnt qualified you must raise the question then is his backroom staff qualified to guide him through if this is equally not the case then Rovers will be in trouble and it is a bad appointment.

Interesting, the article on Ince was brilliant, a great read.

When Man U came to Ewood, i'd always pray that Ince wouldn't be playing, more so than Cantona, Hughes, Giggs, Keane etc. He had an aura and a huge presence on the pitch and his team mates played off that.

As a manager in the Prem, if appointed, only time will tell.

I'm sure many young players playing in the Prem would look up to him and see what he's achieved and the standards he set himself, surely that alone is a factor contributing to why he may well be able to attract players.

Don't we need a new central midfield?

Rovers employing someone who isnt qualified .EH!! Doesnt look or sound good does it.

Fair enough if he isnt qualified you must raise the question then is his backroom staff qualified to guide him through if this is equally not the case then Rovers will be in trouble and it is a bad appointment.

I trust the chairman has based his desision on ability in that case.

EDIT: whoops - if that is the board's decision

Why do I get the feeling this is going to be a 'Kidd' moment all over again.

Lots and lots of hype

No experience

and ultimately - 'Down the pan'.

I'm hoping it's just an interview and a smokescreen for the 'real deal' .

I'm quite happy with Ince.

OK he has no premiership management experience but neither does Laudrup etc. Ince has done a fantastic job at 2 clubs now, especially at Mac where he had no resources and performed a semi miracle keeping them up. HE has been happy to start at the very bottom and work hard to succeed. How many 'top players' would allow themselves and their egos to drop to that level??? Fair play to him for that.

As for his attitude, come on. Everyone wanted Shearer back and he was the second coming of the Devil after he left, Savage was hardly Mr popular as was Dickov but they all did a very good job for us despite incidents in previous footballing lives.

BFS would have been the safe option, very little chance of relegation but would he have taken us on further or even kept us at the same level. I'm not so sure. With Ince we have a greater chance of relegation but IMO a greater chance of moving the club forward. Time will tell..........

These will be interesting times for Rovers, but I think Ince has to much about him to play the Mr Big and upset what the steady(ish) ship we have at Rovers.

Well here's hoping anyway :rover:

Yeah iv seen the interview - looks like brad was happy.

Made similarities with Ince & when Hughes started with us. Personally I think all players will be happy. Let the good times begin.

I agree, there seems a genuine feeling with Brad that Ince is the right man at this time. Brad is very well respected amongst his team mates, so if Big Brad is on board, I think the rest of the changing room will follow.

Archived