BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Paul Ince ?

Would you be happy with an Ince appointment  

244 members have voted

1. 1. Would you be happy with Paul Ince ?

• First Choice
    • Happy
    • Time will tell
    • Joining the NO to Ince Facebook
    • Rather have Grooby

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm in the "time will tell" category. He's obviously shown some potential, but he remains unproven and I don't know if he brings with him any of the main characteristics we need. Those being:

1) Ability to work within a budget and yet still imrpove the squad.

2) Good tactical knowledge.

3) Respect from the current squad.

4) Well connected within world football.

He could have all of those, we'll see, but he certainly wasn't my first choice and I think we could have done better.

He could have all of those, we'll see, but he certainly wasn't my first choice and I think we could have done better.

Which is fair enough but if so...name names.

The only interesting names dont seem to have any Premiership experience or seem unavailable (Like Bilic). Why are they better than Ince as a bit of a gamble?

I was always confident he would be one of the candidates as he fits the bill of the young, hungry, ambitious manager. After reading the article that was linked in the Nicko pt 3 thread, Ince could be the one. Was very impressive reading. He does have some coaching qualifications just not the UEFA Pro licence needed for the Premier according to that article. I can see him doing well, especially if he has a good backroom with him and gets the full backing of JW and co.

As with anything Rovers, they have my support.

Roll on August.

One things for sure, if there are egos at Ewood Park there wont be if/when he arrives.

I am not too sure about this pending appointment, I personally would have taken McClaren or BFS who have the Premiership experience. Ince will be like a baby with a new toy and could leave himself open to some big mistakes. The one thing is certain, he needs a better backroom staff than he already has.

I also believe that he would play the game the right way. Having watched the MK Dons style of football it works and they play together as a team. That sort of ethic is right for Rovers.

Anyhow, off to Bonnie Jockland working so I wait until the news breaks tomorrow :rolleyes:

I too am not happy but don't really know who would have made me happy. There are no obvious names who are available, interested, willing to come to rovers, acceptable to all fans. I had huge reservations about all of the other candidates mentioned so far and so, unless there are yet more twists and turns to come, if Ince is to be our new manager (by no means certain yet) then I'll be there with fingers, toes and anything else possible crossed.

Which is fair enough but if so...name names.

The only interesting names dont seem to have any Premiership experience or seem unavailable (Like Bilic). Why are they better than Ince as a bit of a gamble?

Henk Ten Cate

Laudrup

Beenhakker

Those are all names that I found more interesting, but we seemed to only put in effort with Beenhakker (don't even know what we were doing with him). Now, everyone can come out and say that we might have done a lot but it was kept quiet, but I've never seen a club be able to keep efforts to talk to people that quiet and it just seems like we really only looked into a list of three people (Ince, Allardyce and McClaren). I've never seen a top flight club run a search for a manager in such a "come and get it" kind of way. It just isn't how it is done.

I hope that it works out.

This just shows that we can't attract any big name managers. The only option is either an old british manager like BFS or an up and coming man with no experience at the top level. Given our lack of choice I would say Ince sound better than the alternatives.

It is pretty obvious that Ince will be a far more popular choice with supporters than BFS.

Whether that makes him the better candidate or not is a different thing...

I too don't know if it makes him a better candidate but you can't go into a season with so much negativity among your fans towards your manager, and so therefore I feel that allardyce just would have been wrong. I know there were some very strong supporters for him on here and they may yet be proved right, but if you have to win over large numbers of fans before you get the chance to do your job, there just aren't enough hours in a day.

when people say....he wasn;t my first choice.....im baffled. who was? Realistically.

There must be a lot of people who had Allardyce as their first choice or people think we can get rijkaard or someone equally unobtainable.

Saying that, there is only one answer to this poll.....wait and see. Just like when any new manager takes over imo.

Archived