BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nickos (newer) Thread

Oh............go on................ ;)

Not even for you...

Look, if the guy changes his mind at some stage it would be far better if his name was out of the public eye - and then you could sign him.

It was an ambitious and worthwhile project. It's gone for now - unlikely to come back on - but you never know once teams start playing matches. The guy could be dropped and re-think his position.

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i thought it was going to be shawn Wright Phillips as well, the only other player i reckon it could have been is probabley Wallcot

Why is everybody assuming they are based in the PL? a top quality RM for £6-7m already playing in the PL? Give me a break! it's bound to be somebody from the continent.

Nicko, any news on our Joaquin bid? Was it even real? Valencia should be up for selling init, what with their troubles.

I would think that the Pennant and Joaquin links just got stronger...but they would both depend on the price.

Your trouble is that if you buy Pennant just now you will be quoted £6 million or so - and he is not worth it.

The same - even greater - goes for Joaquin.

It's not easy.

I would think that the Pennant and Joaquin links just got stronger...but they would both depend on the price.

Your trouble is that if you buy Pennant just now you will be quoted £6 million or so - and he is not worth it.

It's not easy.

so nicko are you saying rovers have an interest in joaquin, what do you think hes valued at, i know the papers have taked it up saying 16million, maybe 11-12miilion about right

It's not easy.

I keep saying this, but oh well.

Why do we have to go for someone in England like Pennant etc... Why cant we look for someone like the Argentinian guy that Newcastle signed.

Their are plenty more fish in the sea, especially for RM... :wacko:

It's not easy.

so nicko are you saying rovers have an interest in joaquin, what do you think hes valued at, i know the papers have taked it up saying 16million, maybe 11-12miilion about right

Pennant and Joaquin are available and being punted around.

Because the guy at the top of the list is now off it Rovers MAY start looking at them.

That's all I'm saying.

Pennant just now you will be quoted £6 million or so - and he is not worth it.

It's not easy.

Definitely not worth it. I'd be tempted at a million or 2 but not that price.

Joaquin is being sold so they can secure their finances and not sell Villa, is that correct? So they would be open to a bit of haggling to make sure they don't have to Villa. Awful pic on his wiki, he looks like Jaws from James Bond.

I wish folks would understand that the transfer market is utterly stalled.

The only EPL transfer "players" at the moment are mostly the "unfashionable" clubs in that West Brom, Stoke, Hull, Wigan, Bolton, Fulham, Boro, Sunderland, Villa, Pompey, Chelsea and Rovers are THE ONLY Premiership clubs who don't have to sell to buy who are still actively looking to strengthen. Arsenal are not really looking inside the Prem so hardly count.

Of those, Rovers and Villa are to a large extent paralised by clubs who have to sell to buy stalking their best players and so are being extremely cautious as they know that getting replacements without being ripped off will be horribly difficult.

Man U might be about to pour enough of their snake oil into the market by buying Berbatov to get it moving again but there is probably a £5m valuation difference there which might well kill that deal or stall it for weeks.

And yes, West Ham have to cut their cost base and sharpish too.

What is Joaquin's crossing like?

Only seen bits of him, but he looked a quality dribbler with pace and very skillful

On his Wiki it has goal and assist stats. Seemed he created a lot more goals when he was at Betis, i guess that is down to the type of striker he was playing with.

It's not easy.

Is Joaquin the Lennon type player or Bentley?

Pennant and Joaquin are available and being punted around.

Because the guy at the top of the list is now off it Rovers MAY start looking at them.

That's all I'm saying.

So you're basically telling us we're in for someone, but no names and the guy you won't name is no longer being looked at???? You're a well of knowledge nicko.... :wacko::wacko::wacko:

Archived