BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nickos (newer) Thread

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Another thing is that Arshavin is valued at £16m & we want £17m for Bentley,

I thought they were looking at a figure in the 20s(probably €s) for Arshavin? Especially with Barca, Arsenal and Chelsea in the race.

I've got to keep some of today's events back for the paper tomorrow. There is even more I would like to add but probably not the best idea just now. Let's just say I am saving the details for a rainy day.

As for Castillo, I'm puffed out with that one. The player has been told there is a contract and they are still waiting for a visa...but I have a gut feeling that the price and ownership issues could make this one go on forever.

I believe his current contract, expires 31st August.

Think Serbia is about 2 hrs ahead of us.

Anyone for a last minute signing, and should save a bob or two. :D

Really want to see McCarthy & Santa Cruz work together this season. Hope Benni finds his form again.

Well there big problem last season was supply and movement. They would both go deep into the same space and we would often not have a player "up top" pushing the back line. When Roberts came in you could immediately see that, at least in space terms, the opposing back line was much more stretched.

If we get a fast winger or two in then it will radically change the way in which space opens up in front of the forwards so there might be hope for the McCarthy-Cruz partnership yet. Not holding my breath though.

You would still think that Cruz would work better with a faster "on the shoulder" type of strker though than McCarthy.

Then again Ince will have new ideas so maybe he can see a way to get arguably our two most skillful players (now that Bents is out the door and Tugay at the end of the road) to play together.

At what time will the Argentinian story have gone to the papers so you can spill who it is? please! :P

My guess is still Sorin... or maybe Crespo.

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Please say it isn't Sorin.

I'm not sure but he might be a bigger CROCK

than Aimar!!!!!!!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOO !!!!!

And while you're at it...put it among these.

Mark Hughes has a contract and does not want to leave.

Lucas Neill won't be sold while he is still in contract.

Craig Bellamy has NO escape clause.

Alan Shearer is staying.

What people say and what is happening are often two different things.

Ditto! :rolleyes:

Nicko sad,but true im very interested in the shinawatra court case.when is that starting,and what do u think the likely outcome wil be?

The best place to look for that info, is The Bangkok Post, or The National, both on line and English.

his current case resumes on the 15th, with other more serious charges pending.

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Please say it isn't Sorin.

I'm not sure but he might be a bigger CROCK

than Aimar!!!!!!!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOO !!!!!

That one isn't Rovers related, it's Hull City related... from what is being said elsewhere it sounds like a "big" signing, which I PM'd Alan about, but he wasn't letting on after his initial "Argentinian" clue... so I asked him in his thread... hence the "naughty" tag and me saying sorry for bringing it out in the open...

as an extra sorry... sorry to have confused you :lol:

what argentinian storys are you guys on about :blink:

I"m not on any Argentinian story. Simply that today Hamburg & Sorin

officially parted company and Crespo... well Crespo.... never liked Mourinho and

is making overtures to Milan.

I highly doubt Crespo wants to return to england, nevermind the NW...

he bolted West London for Milan claiming to dislike the city and the

English weather..... imagine what he'd think of Lancs. winters????

Sorin is a bit of an adventurer and might be willing to head towards the

Northwest, but like I said: his body type and years have caught up to him.

While, his original club Argentinos Jrs. (Diegos', Redondo & Coloccini's as well)

are making noise about 'repatriating' him but I cannot for the life of me

see where the dosh would be coming from.....

Castillo coming next week?

http://www.itv-football.co.uk/story/0,1923...3821279,00.html

"Next week I will be travelling to England. I hope to play well and open even more doors to more players of my country."

Also wondering if Barry is in limbo now as the Alonso to Juve deal looks dead? Liverpool by the looks of it needed to sell Alonso to afford Barry

Archived