BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nickos (newer) Thread

Can I just say no matter what, there is always a club worse off than yours.

Fulham have signed Bobby Zamora and John Pantsil for 6.3 million rising to 7.3 million.

Fulham are signing Frederik Stoor, a right back.

Fulham have made a 4.5million bid for Luke Young.

So if the last two transfers go through we will have 5 first team right backs.

:rolleyes:

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fulham have signed Bobby Zamora and John Pantsil for 6.3 million rising to 7.3 million.

Keep your chin up mate. :D

Why are some people so eager to sell someone who gives 100% during matches, and gives a reason every week to be in the starting XI. Where as we stick with Mokoena and Rigters, its laughable! :rolleyes:

Because Roberts couldn't hit a barndoor! He missed chance after chance when one on one against Derby. Most of the ones he does manage to get in the net are either total mishits or deflections.

I don't dislike his style and he puts the leg work in. A mix between him and Benni would be perfect. Unfortunately the good finishers tend to be lazy.

Nicko: Get another million out of Villa for Brad and then that covers the stubbon spurs difference. I assume the opposition is because they wil not pay the ful value for Bentley and we have told them to come back when they can, but in the meantime we'll have robbo.

£1.5m is the absolute max we would get for Ooijer, more likely to be around £1m.

How do you figure we'd only get 1.5 for Ooijer? He's a starting international CB, one of a very high caliber who Rovers don't utilize enough. 1.5? That's a daft business move; he is worth more surely.

And really Spuds? £6m for Robinson? Really? :wacko::angry2:

How do you figure we'd only get 1.5 for Ooijer? He's a starting international CB, one of a very high caliber who Rovers don't utilize enough. 1.5? That's a daft business move; he is worth more surely.

We paid little more than £1.5 million for him, but now he's older, slower, in to the final year of his contract and not considered a first team regular...how do you figure he's worth more?

Must admit ffan, that would be hard to bare....perhaps Fulham and Blackburn are linked in some kind of parallel universe :wacko:

:rover: Thanks ffan

Go on Woy lad :lol:

ANDRE OOIJER - There is a surprise move from Panathinaikos to sign him. Their Dutch manager - whose name escapes me - wants to sign him and there has been an approach. That will come down to what they are offering...and before you ask I have no idea how much that is.

You mean the manager who never signed for them?

Nicko can stick up for himself but there is a bunch of prats on here who don't understand the conditional word "if". Quite honestly, if I were the mods I'd delete a whole bunch of negative "smart arse" comments off this thread because they are tiresome in the extreme and contribute sod all to the sum of knowledge.

It is perfectly plain that both HTC and WWB mucked Panathanaikos and Twente respectively around in the hope of the Rovers job and were fortunate that the other party waited for them.

Aimar to Toon- likely to be the wages swinging it and nothing much else. Probable cost of ownership (transfer plus four year contract) in the £20m+ bracket.

Spuds won't budge on the sale price for Robinson- we can be certain of that- so either another keeper (unlikely to be Carson who is currently deciding between relegation scraps with Stoke or WBA) or no final cash hoorah for Brad.

As for other transfers, we are six and a half weeks from the end of the transfer window and since the start of May about £100m (including press reported values for undisclosed transfers) has changed hands notionally for about 30 incoming EPL players. Fulham and Bolton are at about 3rd= in the big spenders list.

If that's not a market that is not working given the press' confident predictions that EPL transfer budgets stood at around £500m in total, I don't know what is.

However, Liverpool knocking 60% off the Carson asking price is an indication that finally one "has to sell to buy" club is blinking in its determination to get wildly inflated transfer fees for players it is trying to offload. Liverpool will probably have a bit over £10m in their war chest when the Carson deal completes (after the agent and player bites from the Crouch and Carson sales).

Shame Citeh missed out on Ronaldinho- their fall would have been that much harder had he gone there- no doubt Sparky is mighty relieved that he missed out and the Kaka move to Chelsea has inched forwards to perhaps 55% probability.

Why didn't we go in for Aimar, I said it earlier :angry: .

Fee around £6m-£7m then? BARGAIN

Because the kid is a crock, EG.

Barge pole stuff, I say. He was fragile in

Argentina where the pace is 2/3 of Spanish league...

Imagine how long he'll last in the Premiership...... best to forget Aimar.

Decent bloke, but our physio 's busy enought w/ the likes of Dunny.

Come on lads lets have some sensible debate. The mods have enough to do without the squabbling and the back stabbing.

You have a reasonable topic here, although 75 per cent of the posts could be deleted due to being off topic, having no point what so ever.

Despite 340 pages of what can only be described in the main as being "twaddle" - nothing has actually happened yet. When the powers that be introduced "The Transfer Window" did they have any idea what they would do to this messageboard? I think not. I bet they didn't even think about it on purpose and they're now having a right laugh at our expense.

Despite 340 pages of what can only be described in the main as being "twaddle" - nothing has actually happened yet. When the powers that be introduced "The Transfer Window" did they have any idea what they would do to this messageboard? I think not. I bet they didn't even think about it on purpose and they're now having a right laugh at our expense.

Spot on

:rover:

I guess we will just go after someone else. There are a fair few good European keepers about.

It's a shame all of this didn't happen a bit sooner. Gregory Coupet (Lyon) went to Spain for a about 1 million. He would have been a great replacement for Brad (If he goes...)

Had a nice holiday and there is actually something interesting when I get back! Won't bore you with the PR speech of my fellow Villa fan page 320 or whatever. Am not surprised we bid for Bentley, not particularly fussed if we get him as I don't like him and think he'd only want to leave after a couple of good seasons here anyway. Wouldn't surprise me if we paid up the fee Blackburn want though.

Friedel was an interesting one, Guzan's going to sign so it's a good little pairing to have the two Americans together and Friedel would be a great signing, we've had ###### keepers for years. Carson was beyond ###### actually. Still not sure whether it will happen or not seen different things from Nicko and Ince....but wouldn't surprise me if Nicko's proven right in the end.

EDIT: Saw another one of our fans, mini-invasion.

BRAD FRIEDEL - Villa's opening offer is below the £2.5 million they were going to...that has not helped...but I think they will go in higher and then it becomes interesting...O'Neill wants Brad for Friday midnight, so that helps raise the price. If Brad was a temperamental tart he would refuse to go to Germany today. He is a pro, so he will get on with it until this is resolved. Do nice guys win? We will discover.

PAUL ROBINSON - Spurs are going to have to come down quite a bit. Good to see they are at the wrong end of negotiations themselves with the Berbatov business. It's a hard game.

ALTERNATIVE KEEPER - NOT Scott Carson.

AIMAR - Never was any Rovers interest. Talented boy, but a little frail.

ANDRE OOIJER - I don't know what the Greeks are offering, but they seem to be tossing good wages about. Gilberto Silva is picking them over Everton. For the record, Henk Ten Cate did NOT use Rovers to get Panathinaikos...just go back and check the timeline.

INCOMING - I don't understand the depression on this. There are some good players being watched and a lot of solid homework being put in. Too early to panic. Castillo is complicated, but there is a will to do it by the manager. Like all deals - money talks. Would you wan the club just to plunge in without watching the players they are after even more closely. You don't have THAT much money to toss around.

So -

We're interested in signing a little-known Ecuadorian goal-scoring defensive midfielder from the Serbian league for around £6m. Or - even worse - proven failure/talentless flop Jermaine Pennant. But when an exciting, top-quality, international ATTACKING MIDFIELD player like Aimar becomes available for around the same price, we don't even place a bid?!?

The Brad situation is awful - if we stop his move to Villa over the fee, we inadvertantly (as Nicko has pointed out) deny him his final "big pay day". That's no way to repay a servant such as Friedel; I fear we're going to get stiffed in this deal.

£6 for Robinson is LAUGHABLE.

Yeah, he's worth at least a tenner

BRAD FRIEDEL - Villa's opening offer is below the £2.5 million they were going to...that has not helped...but I think they will go in higher and then it becomes interesting...O'Neill wants Brad for Friday midnight, so that helps raise the price. If Brad was a temperamental tart he would refuse to go to Germany today. He is a pro, so he will get on with it until this is resolved. Do nice guys win? We will discover.

PAUL ROBINSON - Spurs are going to have to come down quite a bit. Good to see they are at the wrong end of negotiations themselves with the Berbatov business. It's a hard game.

ALTERNATIVE KEEPER - NOT Scott Carson.

AIMAR - Never was any Rovers interest. Talented boy, but a little frail.

ANDRE OOIJER - I don't know what the Greeks are offering, but they seem to be tossing good wages about. Gilberto Silva is picking them over Everton. For the record, Henk Ten Cate did NOT use Rovers to get Panathinaikos...just go back and check the timeline.

INCOMING - I don't understand the depression on this. There are some good players being watched and a lot of solid homework being put in. Too early to panic. Castillo is complicated, but there is a will to do it by the manager. Like all deals - money talks. Would you wan the club just to plunge in without watching the players they are after even more closely. You don't have THAT much money to toss around.

Just in time to register him for a debut just 24 hours later in the inter toto cup game i'll presume.

Archived