BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nickos (newer) Thread

The Friedel-Robinson thing is interesting.

If Rovers could simply go on to Tottenham and offer them cash for an unwanted reserve it would be simple enough...you would probably get him very cheap. They don't want him, they have tried to sell him elsewhere. He is on big wages and they are trying to sign another cover keeper. Should be easy to do.

But Spurs want Bentley and think they can haggle. Understandable.

So...do you sell Friedel when Villa hit the £2.5 million mark [or so] in the next 48 hours -which is a big price for an 37-year-old keeper - and then wait until Robinson's price settles? How long is that wait? Does it go into the season?

Those are the real dimensions right now...so it's down to the negotiators to sort it out.

The fact there is a Villa deadline of sorts actually helps. Or should. But Tottenham are involved, so...

nicko, why cant rovers make a take it or leave it offer of lowering robinsons asking price, if you do so then you can have bentley for an appropriate fee, if they not willing to budgeon robinsons just say to them thats fine by us your not having bentley then, your loss our gain :rolleyes:

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I reckon that Ince's remarks about Robinson mean we'll look elsewhere if Brad does go (or more to the point are looking elsewhere in case he goes). Maybe promote Brown to no 1 and look for a reserve.

I don't understand how people rate Jason Brown right now. For me he is currently nowhere near Premiership quality. So he saved a penalty. The thought of him ever replacing Friedel is madness I tell thee. I'd rather have Friedel on a zimmerframe at 65 then him in his current condition.

Although he has arguably got potential, his number two status as Wales Goalkeeper suggests that he still has a lot of work to do before he is considered good enough for our first team. I believe Hughes only bought him as he is Welsh. Loan him out if you ask me.........

The best way of doing this is simple...and illegal. But who cares?

Tap Robinson. Tell him you are coming, sort out his wages, then make Tottenham sweat. He goes nowhere else but Rovers. Simple.

And are you telling me that this has NOT happened to any of your players? And is currently happening?

I know it's what I would do.

There's no way we should sell Brad before we have a replacement ready. Ali Al-Habsi at Bolton is a very promising goalkeeper (still only 26) that should be looked at if Spurs continue to ask for silly money for a goalkeeper they do not want. I know he's not first choice there but neither was Brad when we signed him.

Tap Robinson. Tell him you are coming, sort out his wages, then make Tottenham sweat. He goes nowhere else but Rovers. Simple.

And are you telling me that this has NOT happened to any of your players? And is currently happening?

Maybe, just maybe the Rovers are above that!

Nicko, I was under the impression that Villa had already bid £2.5 million. Isn't that the price that was mentioned when you broke the story in the paper?

On the latest post it says that they'll hit the £2.5m mark in the next 48 hours?

Did they initially come in with less than £2.5m and we're holding out for the full amount or are we holding out for more than £2.5m

Sounds good nicko, you got the chairmans number ^_^

also tribal football seem to have written thursdays/fridays article today :rolleyes: looks like they know what going to happen in the future :P

http://www.tribalfootball.com/article.php?id=102752

There's no way we should sell Brad before we have a replacement ready. Ali Al-Habsi at Bolton is a very promising goalkeeper (still only 26) that should be looked at if Spurs continue to ask for silly money for a goalkeeper they do not want. I know he's not first choice there but neither was Brad when we signed him.

My brother suggested to me that he's going to be a very good keeper! However, I've not heard or seen much about him at all does anyone else rate him?!

The only other way (aside from tapping up) to push down Robinson's price is to announce that we are in for another keeper - make Spurs think/realise that we don't want/need him. Which is what Nicko has said - we have been offered another keeper option. I hope he's decent.

My brother suggested to me that he's going to be a very good keeper! However, I've not heard or seen much about him at all does anyone else rate him?!

He was widely regarded as the best keeper in the Norwegian 'Tippeligaen' when he was playing for FC Lyn Oslo a few years back. He's big and athletic and imo good enough to be first choice in the Premier League.

Nicko, I was under the impression that Villa had already bid £2.5 million. Isn't that the price that was mentioned when you broke the story in the paper?

On the latest post it says that they'll hit the £2.5m mark in the next 48 hours?

Did they initially come in with less than £2.5m and we're holding out for the full amount or are we holding out for more than £2.5m

Villa know that £2.5 million is the magic number...that was where they had to go.

Their initial offer was £2 million...it's just a case of going higher.

This is moving. There would not be meetings if it was over.

I would hope so. If we havn't been in the gutter with the rest I would rather we maintain the moral high ground.

Particularly if we are lowering ourselves for the likes of Paul Ince and Paul Robinson.

I would hope so. If we havn't been in the gutter with the rest I would rather we maintain the moral high ground.

Are you daft? I didn't think so...

It goes on ALL the time. Nobody gets hurt. As long as you see it through and do the deal, it's acceptable.

Who is going to say? Rovers? Robinson? No, neither.

Do you think that every player Rovers sign is brought in by the tooth fairy?

This is business, you have to be as rough and tough as the next guy.

This idea that Rovers are somehow snootily-superior cracks me up.

I think they are straighter than most, but that doesn't mean they haven't bent the rules when it suits them.

Like coaching badges and the lack of, for instance.

It's a results business...get one.

Villa know that £2.5 million is the magic number...that was where they had to go.

Their initial offer was £2 million...it's just a case of going higher.

This is moving. There would not be meetings if it was over.

funny how they are willing to pay him extreme wages yet cannot be willing to pay £2.5m for him. if they want him that much why pay the large wage each week and yet make a fuss over the transfer fee. why do things have to be complicated in life :rolleyes:

"ROVERS - £10 m + maybe £3m but all CASH! Strong position in todays market in my opinion."

Thought Blackburn had 18 mill £, The 10 million Hughes was promised + 5 million compensation for Hughes, and the 3 mill addon by thrustee ??

Won't the compo have gone on Ince and the backroom staff though?

The only other way (aside from tapping up) to push down Robinson's price is to announce that we are in for another keeper - make Spurs think/realise that we don't want/need him. Which is what Nicko has said - we have been offered another keeper option. I hope he's decent.

It's probably another reason why Ince made the comments about not being interested in Robinson when he was asked after the Macclesfield game.

Prof, that's a great post and I agree with much of what you say, I just wish you hadn't put it in this thread. Too many good posts get swallowed up in all the crap that gets written on this thread - maybe it's worth starting a new topic?

Will do had it in mind and got waylaid.

He was widely regarded as the best keeper in the Norwegian 'Tippeligaen' when he was playing for FC Lyn Oslo a few years back. He's big and athletic and imo good enough to be first choice in the Premier League.
Completely and utterly agree. Totally wasted on the bench, and one that will make people wonder why no-one has snapped him up already.

Well, well. Yesterday I was 'way off the mark' with this one and yet the LET have 'broken' this story.

http

://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport...vers_on_trial/

Tris? Tris?

What you have failed to grasp Nicko is that no matter who releases these stories, they are unequivocal lies until the LET publishes them. Then it's truth that you simply guessed at and ends up as one of your 1 out of 10's ;)

What you have failed to grasp Nicko is that no matter who releases these stories, they are unequivocal lies until the LET publishes them. Then it's truth that you simply guessed at and ends up as one of your 1 out of 10's ;)

Yes, indeed.

The LET make me smile. It's like the denials never happened.

Now he is 'on trial'.

It's like admitting defeat in stages.

Archived