BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nickos (newer) Thread

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
http://www.birminghammail.net/birmingham-s...97319-21350755/

what- they remain in good position to sign bentley when theyve had a 10million bid rejected for bentely :wacko: and bentley would have to something wrong with his brain if he went to villa

i thought that they had bid more than 10 million, as mentioned on their forums by a director of the club, and according to other sources this beid was accepted about 2 weeks ago

Add that to

Why would MON break his wage structure and supposed "earn your pay" ethos to sign a 37 yr old keeper? (currently Barry is the highest earner on 45k)

Why would Ince say in no uncertain terms that he does NOT want Paul Robinson if he planned to sign him this week?

Why aren't Spurs being mentioned in this merry go round in terms of replacing Robinson; if we won't sell Brad until we get Robbo then why are Spurs willing to sell with only Ben Alnwick left (Cerny's loan finished).

This is either a wind up or one of the oddest transfer sagas in ages..

Keep scratching your head.

O'Neill has offered the wages.

Ince didn't want to talk about Robinson.

Spurs have one keeper and are trying to sign a second.

Brum chairman David Gold has vowed that Sebastian Larsson is going nowhere. He said: “Seb will leave over my dead body. He’s vital to us.”

Why can't we be like that with our star players!? :lol:

Between the lines that's "we want more money" not "Seb's not for sale".

Has Castillo actually joined then yet Nicko, or are we still working out a fee? This is starting to get just a little bit silly

Castillo has flown out of Ecuador to sign. He believes there is a three-year contract at Rovers. He also - strangely - thinks Rovers are in the UEFA Cup.

His agents have worked on a deal with Rovers for over a week and all parties have tried to cut through the red-tape and third-party issues. He has also got to get a work permit and a visa. These things take time which explains some of the delay.

It won't be done until he passes a medical, obviously. But everything else seems to be in place.

If it is a 'trial' - as some would have you believe - then he has been duped. That part is up to them. I would think this is 95 per cent likely to go through.

(btw, I have actually just finished my second year of a Journalism degree...although I do not intend of getting involved in Sport Journalism.......)

I suggest you go back to school to learn basic grammar before finishing a journalism "degree". What's that btw ?

Would we not be best just selling both Bentley & Friedel to Villa for a combined £20m? If spurs want to mess us around then its the quickest way for us to be able to get our replacements in.

That would mean Villa paying £17.5 million for Bentley...who would prefer to go to Spurs.

It COULD happen, but I think it is unlikely.

You do have to ask, though, how badly Spurs want Bentley? They have known the price for over a week and still mess around.

Castillo has flown out of Ecuador to sign. He believes there is a three-year contract at Rovers. He also - strangely - thinks Rovers are in the UEFA Cup.

Hadn't someone better point this out to him, if he's anything like Bentley, it could be the 'main' reason he wants to sign for us? :blink::lol:

That would mean Villa paying £17.5 million for Bentley...who would prefer to go to Spurs.

You do have to ask, though, how badly Spurs want Bentley? They have known the price for over a week and still mess around.

My guess is:

A) They are trying to flog off as many players as they can to raise some cash (not working)

B) Trying to see what the outcome of the Brad to Villa business is so they can stiff us with 6 million/Robinson (likely!)

C) Are just messing around with figures, as they know they have enough midfielders at the moment (also likely!)

Not the axe, first Bentley, then Friedel and now the Axe :P We are officially selling everyone and will start the season with the youth team, why else do you think Ince put them all on at h/t against Macclesfield? ^_^

Also, cheers Nicko for answering my post once again.

Would we not be best just selling both Bentley & Friedel to Villa for a combined £20m? If spurs want to mess us around then its the quickest way for us to be able to get our replacements in.

Im sure Spurs will appeal to Bentley more than Villa.

So has Bentley given up hope of a CL club coming in for him? As he is a little deluded I thought he might dig his heels in a bit to see if Liverpool come swanning over the horizon.

Do Spurs need to ship Berbatov or Keane out, before they can buy him?

Let's hope he's good then. I think it might be the end for The Axe if this deal goes through. I can see a Stoke, or a Charlton being in for him.

I'm pretty sure it would be the end for the axe irrespective of whether we sign anyone! I can't see Ince wanting a clogger like that around...

Interesting business though - if we lose Bentley but get in three (presumably one RM, Castillo and another CM) we are going to look pretty stacked in the central slots. Pedersen, Vogel, Emerton (moved to midfield as we get a new right back) will all probably be alright, but you would have to say that one out of Dunn or Reid is in danger of finding themselves in the reserves....

Do Spurs need to ship Berbatov or Keane out, before they can buy him?

They seem to have money if they want to spend it. their signings so far haven't been bottom end of the market. so I'd guess the answers no but they might like to shift a few others to make the books balance a bit better and have the cash for wages

Nicko, has there been any solid interest from any English clubs in Bastian Schweinsteiger? . I remember seeing something a while back about him being available for £10 million

He has a bit of a temperament problem but he is a quality player who I think could fit very well in the prem.

No chance of him coming to us I guess, but I would like to see him in the prem.

Nicko - is Ince interested in Lennon? I know he has just claimed he wants to stay at Spurs but if Bentley goes he is going to be very surplus to requirements.... I'm not totally sold on him, but it could work out for us.

I'd laugh if Bentley went to Liverpoo. That is proving to be a bit of a graveyard for players with ambition. Torres has been great, but where is Voronin or Pennant? David would end up on a league Cup special if he went there, as Rafa intigrates him into his giant magic tombola of team selection. I forget the names of Liverpoo players, as there are so many. Liverpoo are taking over from Spurs as the team with the biggest squad.

To be honest, i would have thought their appeal is dropping by the minute. If KEane and Berbatov both go, i can see them having another "next year" year.

To be equally honest, if Bentley had an ounce of sense he'd realise the grass isn't always (infact very rarely is) greener. Unfortunately few footballers seem to have an ounce of sense

I think if spurs had to sell Keane or Berba in order to buy Bentley then they are leaving themselves short in terms of strikers.

I'd like to think DB will be coming here to villa but to be honest he really wants champions league football so if he did come here (or spurs) I think it would just be a stepping stone for him, He's still young and if he did come here it would just be another Gareth Barry situation in 3-4 years time.

To be honest, i would have thought their appeal is dropping by the minute. If KEane and Berbatov both go, i can see them having another "next year" year.

True, but to be honest people don't go to Spurs due to their winning Record. It is because of their (always latent) potential and the glamour of being in London. Tons of extremely good players have signed for them (Klinsmann, Ginola, Davids etc.) despite them being rubbish. They are probably from a neutral view the most attractive club to sign for in the Prem apart from the CL clubs.

The value of good marketing and a good location. It is funny how West Ham have never attracted the same allure.

This is gonna go down badly but is anybody else excited about the coming season? As much as Hughes was a great success here, im excited about the change. I think things were going stale from a general point of view (ie moaning about lack of money/hanging onto bentley/Hughes realising that nobody likes us) and its nice to see things freshened up and some positive (yet slightly controversial) moves being made behind the scenes.

So who else is excited and dont all talk at once? :P

I'm always excited at the prospect of a new season, regardless of personnel. It is Blackburn Rovers new season time in a few weeks. Where is your optimism, and sense of nervous anticipation? That is probably about the only thing that's keeping me going these days! (only joking; there are one or two other things in my life as well). :)

BENTLEY - His 'people' have told Villa they don't want to go there. I think that is a dead deal. Maybe Rovers know that too and are using their interest to gee up Spurs.

LENNON - Was offered to Rovers before and initially rejected. I think they will get better - if they want to.

TOTTENHAM - Maybe they do have to sell first - they are certainly being pestered by this Berbatov thing.

SCHWEINSTEIGER - I know Man U made contact but with Ronaldo's future up in the air. He is available at a reasonable fee, but I'm not sure how good he is. Good games at times in the Euro finals, but others when you didn't know he was playing. What do you get for £10 million these days? ;)

By the way, how good is that unleaded at finding out the most obscure interviews?

Impressed.

Now he CAN get my job.

Archived