BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nickos (newer) Thread

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Still can't believe we are paying £2.5m and 50k a week for Brad Friedel, a 37 year old. This tv deal (and a billionaire owner) has done funny things to football.

Tell us about it! We were the first club to experience this "transfer inflation" effect in the very early 90's when every player we bought cost us twice as much as he would have cost any other club at that time.

SCHWEINSTEIGER - I know Man U made contact but with Ronaldo's future up in the air. He is available at a reasonable fee, but I'm not sure how good he is. Good games at times in the Euro finals, but others when you didn't know he was playing. What do you get for £10 million these days? ;)

[

He's German. He can probably take pens if we ever get any.

I'm pleased you posted that about Bentley Nicko.

Makes it all very interesting indeed. Surely by ruling out Villa he's making the stance that he should be at a higher profile club. I'm guessing he's after Champions League football. Just wonder where it leaves him if none of the big 4 come in for him.

If thats the case Nicko, regarding Bentley snubbing Villa, do you think he's happy to stay if he doesn't join one of the top four or Spuds?

Bentley? Happy? I am not sure he knows himself.

The bottom line is he stays if the fee does not reach £17 million. Full stop.

The plane leaves in a couple of hours for Germany...I'm not sure if he is on it...and I don't think he is sure himself.

I'm pleased you posted that about Bentley Nicko.

Makes it all very interesting indeed. Surely by ruling out Villa he's making the stance that he should be at a higher profile club. I'm guessing he's after Champions League football. Just wonder where it leaves him if none of the big 4 come in for him.

I think he sees Tottenham as a 'step up' and, someone well-informed posted on another site, that his bird lives down that way too.

One of the top four may come in late...but if Spurs offer the dough then he will go and won't wait.

I think its clear Bents wants champions league football, but none of them appear to want him. If he doesn't want to go to Villa and Spurs decide not to bid for him or they can't afford him, it looks like Bentley could be staying.

On Schweinsteiger i think he's a top quality player, his workrate is immense and he is incredibly versatile he can play on both flanks or in the centre.

Brum chairman David Gold has vowed that Sebastian Larsson is going nowhere. He said: “Seb will leave over my dead body. He’s vital to us.”

Why can't we be like that with our star players!? :lol:

You want David Gold as your chairman? :wacko:

I think its clear Bents wants champions league football, but none of them appear to want him. If he doesn't want to go to Villa and Spurs decide not to bid for him or they can't afford him, it looks like Bentley could be staying.

Will he be in a strop though?

Bentley? Happy? I am not sure he knows himself.

The bottom line is he stays if the fee does not reach £17 million. Full stop.

The plane leaves in a couple of hours for Germany...I'm not sure if he is on it...and I don't think he is sure himself.

Lol i'd be interested to hear what Bentley has to say if he doesn't leave. I'm guessing it would be something along the lines of 'I want to stay here and focus on first team football' or something like that. He really does seem like a lost young boy. Personally speaking, I'd be glad to see him back at Ewood if his move doesn't materialise over the summer. He is a quality player, albeit a whinger, but I think the intention to move in Jan or next summer will motivate him enough to even further raise his game. Besides, it sends a good message out to the fans, the players and the rest of the league if we can hold on to our better players.

I just can't see anyone bidding seventeen million for him just yet. Maybe in a couple of years but not just yet.

Could anybody tell?

Depends on the player and how badly he wants to move, maturity level will tell on that one.

I am sure he will impress even though he may personally be very unhappy as he wants a new club.

Just don't want that bad juju in the dressing room.

Goddammit, AImar for 7m?! Can't we hijack the deal? It would be for his own good. If he goes there it will be the end of his career.

Just see Dyer, Duff, Owen, Bramble, Kluivert, Parker, Boumsong....

Has Aimar not been out of form for a few years now?...He seems a bit lightweight for the Prem I'd have thought too!

Having said that..for a couple mill lower..he'd be worth a gamble

I hope if he stays he doesn't do a Van Hoojidonk and go on a massive sulk and play badly.

if he does that, then he can kiss good bye to his England chances, so i doubt very much we will see his form dip if he does stay at Rovers

he looked happy on the 1st day of pre season training

Didnt he think he was offski?

I will be happy to see him though, even though most games I know have to watch on TV.

Remember trying to get 4 other Petty Officers to cheer when he scored his three against Man Utd, the one thing I will miss the most about the service is watching those satellite channels.

Archived