BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nickos (newer) Thread

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
RE: Nicko

Just to try and understand whats on offer for Brad, how much is he on at Rovers and how much do yuo think he'll be on at Villa if he goes there?

I think I mentioned this before but Villa will be paying him all-in about 50k a week. My understanding is that this is close to DOUBLE what he is on at Rovers.

Plus an extra year obviously.

About £4.5 million...which will have to go to a few people.

Money talks it would appear.

Maybe he could give you a crash course in how it works.

All the best.

would you say that is £4.5 million well spent, he look a strong, touch tackling midfielder who can also chip in with a few goals,

18 goals in 72 apps for Red Star Belgrade isnt bad by any means, thats even better record than pedersen i think :D

But I though the whole story was that he was £6m RATED but was out of contract so he wouldbe free???]

Was that the case Nicko?? I know there was a good degree of confusion around it at the time with third party ownership, contract length, etc, all a little bit vague.

Brum chairman David Gold has vowed that Sebastian Larsson is going nowhere. He said: “Seb will leave over my dead body. He’s vital to us.”

Why can't we be like that with our star players!? :lol:

Cos we'd look like idiots when we back down and so far we haven't done that.

Why would Brad be motivated by money now Nicko and not previously when United came along?

Add that to

Why would MON break his wage structure and supposed "earn your pay" ethos to sign a 37 yr old keeper? (currently Barry is the highest earner on 45k)

Why would Ince say in no uncertain terms that he does NOT want Paul Robinson if he planned to sign him this week?

Why aren't Spurs being mentioned in this merry go round in terms of replacing Robinson; if we won't sell Brad until we get Robbo then why are Spurs willing to sell with only Ben Alnwick left (Cerny's loan finished).

This is either a wind up or one of the oddest transfer sagas in ages..

I'm interested. Hull's the nearest club to my dad, so he can watch at least 1 Rovers game.

P.S. Ewood I Would: Spuds have signed that Gomes from PSV I believe.

Leftfield choice here, if Brad goes, how about the ex West Brom goalie at Man U whose name I can't spell, or even Ben Foster on loan, if he is not injured?

I was thinking numbers today, basically what our transfer budget is going to be.....

We are probably talking 10m basic kitty, plus 5m for compo for Hughsy et al, minus 2m for compo for Ince et al, plus 3m from the trust, plus (hopefully) 17m for Bentley. That adds up to around 33m.

So we could have potentially (even allowing for some money to be siphoned off to repay loans etc) 26m+ to spend.

That's a lot of money. We could see around four new faces and even perhaps a big name.

If we can sort out the core of the midfield we will be a lot stronger and I would say we will get someone in who will compensate for the loss of Bentley. A right back is a certainty and there might be enough cash left over to get in either a fast, powerful striker, or a fast left winger.

I think we have a decent chance of coming out of the summer with a much improved squad.

Cheers Nicko, I must admit, I can understand why Friedel is tempted. It beggers belief that a non-top four side are splashing out around £50,000 a week for a thirty seven year old keeper. Thats close on ten million if you include the transfer fee!

Still life goes on and I can't blame Brad for taking such a huge pay rise at the end of his career, I guess its just shocking for Rovers fans to see such a staggering deal given all the details.

On another note, is the five million being quoted for Ban Haim to City borrowed money? How much more do you think they can borrow?!

Brum chairman David Gold has vowed that Sebastian Larsson is going nowhere. He said: “Seb will leave over my dead body. He’s vital to us.”

Why can't we be like that with our star players!? :lol:

So Larsson leaves and Gold dies? Sounds like a good deal to me!

I was thinking numbers today, basically what our transfer budget is going to be.....

We are probably talking 10m basic kitty, plus 5m for compo for Hughsy et al, minus 2m for compo for Ince et al, plus 3m from the trust, plus (hopefully) 17m for Bentley. That adds up to around 33m.

Thought compo for Incey was only just over, half a million? <_<

So we could have potentially (even allowing for some money to be siphoned off to repay loans etc) 26m+ to spend.

That's a lot of money. We could see around four new faces and even perhaps a big name.

If we can sort out the core of the midfield we will be a lot stronger and I would say we will get someone in who will compensate for the loss of Bentley. A right back is a certainty and there might be enough cash left over to get in either a fast, powerful striker, or a fast left winger.

I think we have a decent chance of coming out of the summer with a much improved squad.

Minus the £7m to Arsenal as Bentleys sell on.

Why aren't Spurs being mentioned in this merry go round in terms of replacing Robinson; if we won't sell Brad until we get Robbo then why are Spurs willing to sell with only Ben Alnwick left (Cerny's loan finished).

They've signed, or agreed a deal to sign, Heurelho Gomes from PSV.

We must now do everything in our power to sign him.....

But I though the whole story was that he was £6m RATED but was out of contract so he wouldbe free???]

Was that the case Nicko?? I know there was a good degree of confusion around it at the time with third party ownership, contract length, etc, all a little bit vague.

Money talks.

Rovers were never going to pay £6 million. That was the asking and starting figure.

He is officially out of contract at Red Star Belgrade, feel free to check the records, but they have a 'rights' contract with him.

This is a cover so that the money can go to them and then back to his owners/previous clubs.

It's messy and a bit murky.

But, there you go.

If he turns out to be a star will anyone care, be morally outraged or just say 'didn't Incey do well with his first signing?' and 'does he have a brother?'

Money talks.

Rovers were never going to pay £6 million. That was the asking and starting figure.

He is officially out of contract at Red Star Belgrade, feel free to check the records, but they have a 'rights' contract with him.

This is a cover so that the money can go to them and then back to his owners/previous clubs.

It's messy and a bit murky.

But, there you go.

If he turns out to be a star will anyone care, be morally outraged or just say 'didn't Incey do well with his first signing?' and 'does he have a brother?'

But what if he flops?

Why would MON break his wage structure and supposed "earn your pay" ethos to sign a 37 yr old keeper? (currently Barry is the highest earner on 45k)

Because he knows what a quality keeper,he will be getting?

Archived