BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nickos (newer) Thread

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BRAD FRIEDEL - There was a meeting today between Paul Ince, John Williams and an agent called Tony McGill who is working for Aston Villa to do the Brad deal. The bottom line is that Villa have not offered enough - and Rovers are reluctant to do business unless they have a replacement. Villa want it done by the weekend...so that part is over to them. They may have to pay more. Spurs want £6 million for Robinson and are not budging at the moment. Those who would like to deny that there is anything going on should be aware of those developments. I don't know how Brad will take it if he is denied his final lottery win. The club will no doubt be counting on his good behaviour stopping him from sulking...we shall see. There is another keeper being put to Rovers right now, but Robinson is the manager's first choice replacement.

ANDRE OOIJER - There is a surprise move from Panathinaikos to sign him. Their Dutch manager - whose name escapes me - wants to sign him and there has been an approach. That will come down to what they are offering...and before you ask I have no idea how much that is.

NEWCASTLE - Have made a £7 million offer for Pablo Aimar at Zaragoza. He has chosen the Toon over Portsmouth and Benfica with Sunderland also keen. Why is that of interest to Rovers? No idea. I'm just showing off.

Tomorrow may be a significant day...who gets on the flight to Germany is the issue that will matter most and cause to countless questions. Don't bother. I will tell you when I know.

BRAD FRIEDEL - There was a meeting today between Paul Ince, John Williams and an agent called Tony McGill who is working for Aston Villa to do the Brad deal. The bottom line is that Villa have not offered enough - and Rovers are reluctant to do business unless they have a replacement. Villa want it done by the weekend...so that part is over to them. They may have to pay more. Spurs want £6 million for Robinson and are not budging at the moment. Those who would like to deny that there is anything going on should be aware of those developments. I don't know how Brad will take it if he is denied his final lottery win. The club will no doubt be counting on his good behaviour stopping him from sulking...we shall see. There is another keeper being put to Rovers right now, but Robinson is the manager's first choice replacement.

ANDRE OOIJER - There is a surprise move from Panathinaikos to sign him. Their Dutch manager - whose name escapes me - wants to sign him and there has been an approach. That will come down to what they are offering...and before you ask I have no idea how much that is.

NEWCASTLE - Have made a £7 million offer for Pablo Aimar at Zaragoza. He has chosen the Toon over Portsmouth and Benfica with Sunderland also keen. Why is that of interest to Rovers? No idea. I'm just showing off.

Tomorrow may be a significant day...who gets on the flight to Germany is the issue that will matter most and cause to countless questions. Don't bother. I will tell you when I know.

Has Scott Carson signed for anyone yet? Don't want him, but that would be my guess on who it is.

If Villa haven't offered a sufficient sum to allow us to reasonably fund a new goalkeeper, then i say dont sell...

Paul Robinson for 6 million is extortionate, 5 million is too much and i think 4 million should be pushing the budget!

I say look elsewhere for the replacement, plenty more fish in the sea!

As for Andre, would be a shame to see him leave, but an offer of 1.5 - 2 million would be too good to refuse.

So Nicko, no developments on 'incoming' players at all? No GOOD news?!

If Villa haven't offered a sufficient sum to allow us to reasonably fund a new goalkeeper, then i say dont sell...

Paul Robinson for 6 million is extortionate, 5 million is too much and i think 4 million should be pushing the budget!

I say look elsewhere for the replacement, plenty more fish in the sea!

As for Andre, would be a shame to see him leave, but an offer of 1.5 - 2 million would be too good to refuse.

So Nicko, no developments on 'incoming' players at all? No GOOD news?!

Personally.

I like the news.

Stalemate, Checkmate to rovers.

Its simple rovers tactics of old. Stick to our guns, let the others squirm. We always do business the right way, we usually get what we want and im sure JW will this time too.

Nicko any idea on what Villa have bid for Brad?

So based on the last couple of weeks....

OOijer is 4 years younger than Brad, played at the Euro championships, Rovers must be expecting at least £5 million on that basis (ahem)...Tomorrows Telegraph "Ince doesn't want to sell his best players and Ooijer is certainly one of those" Followed by JW "We'll back the manager, we're not a selling club"..... No doubt by midnight tonight the Greek website will be saying he has signed!

Looks like no Aimar then.

Good here innit!

Cheers for the updates Nicko - much appreciated, but by Christ they're depressing!

So based on the last couple of weeks....

OOijer is 4 years younger than Brad, played at the Euro championships, Rovers must be expecting at least £5 million on that basis (ahem)...

Ooijer is in the last year of his contract, 10 months left i believe.

Friedel has 2 year, plus an option to a 3rd...

So -

We're interested in signing a little-known Ecuadorian goal-scoring defensive midfielder from the Serbian league for around £6m. Or - even worse - proven failure/talentless flop Jermaine Pennant. But when an exciting, top-quality, international ATTACKING MIDFIELD player like Aimar becomes available for around the same price, we don't even place a bid?!?

The Brad situation is awful - if we stop his move to Villa over the fee, we inadvertantly (as Nicko has pointed out) deny him his final "big pay day". That's no way to repay a servant such as Friedel; I fear we're going to get stiffed in this deal. £6 for Robinson is LAUGHABLE.

On top of all this - We STILL haven't managed to sell Jason Roberts.

So far this is one seriously frustrating summer.

£1.5m is the absolute max we would get for Ooijer, more likely to be around £1m.

£6m for Robinson is too much, but again im sure our club wont pay that for him - we are tough negotiators.

Friedel - If Villa want him that bad, then £3.5m should cover it! Lets take them for what we can!

Looks like Liverpool have no cash (except £11m for crouch) - wouldnt be suprised if they come calling for Bentley and offer £10m + Pennant

On top of all this - We STILL haven't managed to sell Jason Roberts.

Why are some people so eager to sell someone who gives 100% during matches, and gives a reason every week to be in the starting XI. Where as we stick with Mokoena and Rigters, its laughable! :rolleyes:

Archived