BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Next Seasons Winners And Losers

Champions-Chelsea

Europe- United,Arsenal,Tottenham,Liverpool,us,VILLA (2nd - 7th)

Down- West Brom , Hull, and then its between Stoke, Fulham and West Ham(20th - 18th)

Thats the way it should go from my view however depending on signings between now and the start of the season, it could all change round

That's pretty much what I think...Rovers will finish top half but I don't know where..A Sky report today has said Rocky is staying..That is more important than Brad or Bently staying I.M.O...But I still want these palyers to stay. I think though from what Nicko is saying Bentley is Deffo out and so is Brad..Their absense from the squad for Germany is glaring.

Look Bentley well he puts a good couple of crosses in a game, takes the free kicks. He drifts in and out of games too much and his gob's wider than the mersey tunnel and he doesn't wanna stay.

I say swap him for Lennon and £12 million (6 million or so to us, rest to pain in the Arse) .

That's pretty much what I think...Rovers will finish top half but I don't know where..A Sky report today has said Rocky is staying..That is more important than Brad or Bently staying I.M.O...But I still want these palyers to stay. I think though from what Nicko is saying Bentley is Deffo out and so is Brad..Their absense from the squad for Germany is glaring.

According to the Official Site here both Friedel and Bentley are travelling to Germany.

I've got a £1 bet (big spender!) on that Rovers will finish above West Brom!! Best flippin do!! I think we'll finish 9th.

Man U will win the league again :(

Stoke, Hull and Middlesborough to go down

Mancs, Chelsea and Arsenal to be very close at the end unless Mancs lose their 42 goal ladyboy in which case Chels v Arse.

Unless Rafa perks up his act, Spuds will take 4th- this time they won't flatter to deceive.

Boro will finish in the top half as will Pompey.

Cannot see much beyond the three promoted clubs making the return journey- Bolton, Wigan and Fulham will all have a bit too much for them.

Rovers are an odd one- the fixture list is taylor made for doing very well or getting relegated if you look at it coldly. Very very important not to lose any top players with Brad sadly the most disposable of those under threat.

Is this going to be the official prediction league we do every year then, or just a bit of speculation for now?

Have the results for last seasons prediction league been published yet? I know I entered but don't remember seeing the results.

Is this going to be the official prediction league we do every year then, or just a bit of speculation for now?

Oops! i forgot about that! :blush:

Although i don`t see why it couldn`t be made into the prediction league as we are predicting who will win and who will go down,only difference is the middle bit! :D

OK- things go badly:

Everton A one we could easily lose

Hull H - Tigers come to Ewood backed by 6,000+ after beating Fulham at KC in their opener and beat us by sheer enthusiasm (it does happen that newly promoted teams beat top half EPL early on)

West Ham A we always lose

Arsenal H no disgrace to lose

and suddenly 0 points out of 12.

The attempts to get a recovery going are regularly interupted by having Man U, Chelsea and Liverpool visiting Ewood by December whilst the away games are a steady diet of last season's top half whom are not going to give anything if they are going well and we are not.

After Christmas, whilst hopefully we will have picked up points from the home games against fellow strugglers, we get a steady diet of top half teams visiting Ewood and have a stinker end March to end April when we get the top 4 away.

If Rovers get off badly, it really is a relegation set of fixtures.

Conversely if things go well, fixtures come in a dream sequence for Rovers to keep on progressively proving themselves. It is easy to see last season's performance tightened up a bit yielding 70 points as the fixtures really do fall in an inviting way whereas I felt last season's fixture list was a bit of a damp squib.

So Everton- get at least a point

Hull be disciplined and spank the Tigers

Ince to wind-up the WHammers and Rovers get the long over due win down there

Perfect start to take on a new look Gunners and grab a win

Whoopee 10 points and Fulham at home next....

Get my drift?

Champions: Chelsea

2nd: United

3rd: Arsenal

4th: Liverpool

5th: Portsmouth

6th: Spuds

7th: Everton

8th: Rovers

Relegated: West Brom, Stoke & Bolton.

This is how I see it going at the moment, may see it differently by the start of the season, with our squad at the moment I think 8th is do-able, with a few additions we may fare better. At the moment I can see Hull surviving, just got this feeling. We shall see, I might have a totally different opinion when we do the prediction league.

Rovers without Bentley , Santa Cruz and Friedel are bottom six material - and maybe worse - unless Ince performs miracles in the transfer market. None of names mentioned as potentail signings so far suggest that. Both the clubs that have recently lost an iconic manager - Bolton and Charlton- became relegation maaterial from the season kick-off. Why are Rovers different particularly when arguably the 3 best players from last season could be gone. Wake up and smell the coffee!

OK- things go badly:

Everton A one we could easily lose

Hull H - Tigers come to Ewood backed by 6,000+ after beating Fulham at KC in their opener and beat us by sheer enthusiasm (it does happen that newly promoted teams beat top half EPL early on)

West Ham A we always lose

Arsenal H no disgrace to lose

and suddenly 0 points out of 12.

So Everton- get at least a point

Hull be disciplined and spank the Tigers

Ince to wind-up the WHammers and Rovers get the long over due win down there

Perfect start to take on a new look Gunners and grab a win

Whoopee 10 points and Fulham at home next....

Get my drift?

Yeh!!! But now wished I had not ask you to explain.

Got your drift.

I think the offical onw would be much later on when we actually know what the squads will look like....

Yeah I was thinking that too, I always leave mine until the final week, I'm doing the same with the fantasy league as well.

Have the results for last seasons prediction league been published yet? I know I entered but don't remember seeing the results.

I don't think Philly Rover is around any more to be honest, he said he was busy with things.

It's a few weeks to the season so I'll have a go at putting the results together before the season begins, then I'll post a topic for the prediction league with the results included.

Archived