BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Castillo Set To Join Blackburn Rovers!

Castillo 100% PLAYER OF BLACKBURN + Rovers must make the Carlos signing by 31st December 2008

In England and Ecuador have been overly speculated about the future of Second Alejandro Castillo.

t1188842030.jpg

According to Castillo spoke with El Universo de Guayaquil, and in the interview confirmed that it is player of Blackburn Rovers of England, which is not subject to any evidence that this Sunday and partly to Germany.

This is the Journal interview published by The Universe:

How is their link to Blackburn Rovers?

The leadership of this club found videos of my matches and the coach (Paul Ince) approved that I was hired. Now I just pass the medical check-ups and nothing else.

Is it true that the technician first want to conduct some tests football?

No, football tests at any time. I am not a player for testing. Please be assured that if any club or Blackburn, I made that proposal, I am not going. I'm not a player or a boy Sub 20; made a name in Europe.

Why agreed to go to football in England?

Because it's a good football. The Premier League is among the three largest in the world, along with Spain and Italy. There was interest from clubs in France and Italy, but Blackburn's proposal was concrete. As I said, Red Star was a springboard for another club to get bigger.

You have been champion in Ecuador and Serbia, what is the goal in England?

Thank God I got titles with El Nacional and Red Star, I could not just in spoliation. But now the challenge is to work hard to do a great job in England. I am prepared to do it well.

Your challenge then is to move to another club in Europe?

Yes, this is my challenge. But first things I do well at Blackburn Rovers to exit to another team. My idea is to reach one of the biggest clubs in the world and I will work towards that.

What's Blackburn knows?

I know that last year was seventh in the Premier League. That fills me with enthusiasm.

Good time of several footballers Ecuadorians abroad, what is that?

For the conviction. Before I do not believe in what we had and now yes, because we realize that the same thing before playing Argentina or Venezuela. Now we believe in our ability. Before that he had seemed much fear and respect when we played against teams more powerful. Now, with the two global classification, the title of Liga de Quito (champion of the Copa Libertadores americas) and the success of players abroad because there is no fear and we face on an equal footing against any opponent.

....................................................................................................

.....................................................................................................

....................................................................................................

Rovers must take up buying option by 31st December 2008

a_CarlosVillanueva_ht.jpg

The chairman of the Greens, Valentin Cantergiani, explained the situation but clarified at all times "that the business is close, but no settlement".

"There is an agreement, but it lacks the signature and that is very important," he said in clear allusion to the failed transfer Midfielder of the Royal Society.

"We must go with caution. Next week everything should be resolved, although the British club's offer is very good, "he continued.

The positive aspect of the matter is that the helmsman cast colony was very hopeful that everything will have a good end.

"We met the district where the institution is, how is the order of the club and his technical. It is all very beautiful and we think he'll do very well over there. It was the first sign a loan for one year, but if they want the player must make it effective on 31 December this year ... If the transfer is $ 4 million? Indeed, but we do not want to talk about it, "he said.

But if he does move on to a bigger team eventually it at least shows he has done well.

True, it would just be nice not to hear that before he comes that's all.

Still, I guess some might come over and see us as their one big pay day, whereas he's looking to better himself and seems to have a lot of drive and determination...

To be fair, whilst the comment doesn't sound best advised, keep in mind that it's from an online translation, what he actually said may have been phrased slightly better. If not, he should probably run comments past people before releasing them to the media.

Anyhow, at this rate we may actually have a starting 11 to put out come August.....

Yeah, that's the way it goes, but it's not exactly professional to talk about sodding off somewhere else before you've even played a game.

Do you honestly expect anyone to say "Moving to Blackburn is the pinnacle of anyone's footballing career. There's absolutely no way that I'd ever think of leaving. My only goal in going to English football is to stay a Rovers player for ever and ever and ever."

Do you honestly expect anyone to say "Moving to Blackburn is the pinnacle of anyone's footballing career. There's absolutely no way that I'd ever think of leaving. My only goal in going to English football is to stay a Rovers player for ever and ever and ever."

That's not the point. He could have just said "right now I'm concentrating on doing my best for Blackburn" or any number of words to that effect...

Did I say that?

It goes without saying he'll want to join a bigger club at some stage, but right now his interviews should be focused on Blackburn.

Did I say that?

It goes without saying he'll want to join a bigger club at some stage, but right now his interviews should be focused on Blackburn.

It seems common place for foreigners to say such- I remember Diarra saying exact same thing when we was transfered from Arsenal to Pompey. It makes you wonder if it is a mentality issue or perhaps a breakdown in translation.

It seems common place for foreigners to say such- I remember Diarra saying exact same thing when we was transfered from Arsenal to Pompey. It makes you wonder if it is a mentality issue or perhaps a breakdown in translation.

Probably more a cultural thing.

Are there fans anywhere else in the world that expect undying love to be professed at the first interview, other than the English? Can anyone who hasn't grown up here really appreciated that keeping your gob shut is the best thing to do when interviewed? Then again Savage and Bentley don't.

No one's asking him to devote his entire life to Blackburn. If you were publicly interviewed about your new job would you talk about going somewhere more lucrative? No, you wouldn't. I don't know why some people think footballers are above common decency.

Probably more a cultural thing.

Are there fans anywhere else in the world that expect undying love to be professed at the first interview, other than the English? Can anyone who hasn't grown up here really appreciated that keeping your gob shut is the best thing to do when interviewed? Then again Savage and Bentley don't.

You're still missing the point. Noone's expecting undying love and Savage and Bentley didnt say these things before they'd played a game.

Not saying we should all turn on him or anything remotely like that, he wouldnt join us if he wasn't keen...but its just not the things he should be saying at his first interview before he's joined. Doesn't matter if we were English or Italian.

Because Lassana Diarra of France can be grouped in with Segundo Castillo of Ecuador.

When we signed Santa, Tugay, and countless other foreigners they said the same things we expect from any other player. It's not to do with them being foreign.

I just can't see why anyone is getting hett up about what he has said his long term goals are.

You go for a job interview and they ask "where do you want to be in 10 years time?" You say, I want to progress and be promoted etc. You also say you want to do the best you can in the job on offer so you have the chance to get promoted.

He has said he "first things I do well at Blackburn Rovers". This suggests he wants to do perform. He then says "exit to another team. My idea is to reach one of the biggest clubs in the world "; which is the only form of promotion a player can expect.

Is that too difficult to accept?

I just can't see why anyone is getting hett up about what he has said his long term goals are.

You go for a job interview and they ask "where do you want to be in 10 years time?" You say, I want to progress and be promoted etc. You also say you want to do the best you can in the job on offer so you have the chance to get promoted.

He has said he "first things I do well at Blackburn Rovers". This suggests he wants to do perform. He then says "exit to another team. My idea is to reach one of the biggest clubs in the world "; which is the only form of promotion a player can expect.

Is that too difficult to accept?

We're not slagging him off (in response to what someone else said), we just don't think he should be saying that. It's about professionalism. There's a difference between a player that stays for a fair amount of time with a club (I see RSC as one of those types of players), and a player that leaves at the first available opportunity and kicks up a fuss if he doesn't get his transfer. If he's saying that now and he hasn't signed yet, then a lot of people will worry with good reason that he's the second type.

Is that so hard to understand?

We're not slagging him off (in response to what someone else said), we just don't think he should be saying that. It's about professionalism. There's a difference between a player that stays for a fair amount of time with a club (I see RSC as one of those types of players), and a player that leaves at the first available opportunity and kicks up a fuss if he doesn't get his transfer. If he's saying that now and he hasn't signed yet, then a lot of people will worry with good reason that he's the second type.

Is that so hard to understand?

And you read all of that from one poorly translated interview on the internet? That's some skill of extrapolation you have.

And you read all of that from one poorly translated interview on the internet? That's some skill of extrapolation you have.

The gist of the interview is there. No one would tell their company they want to work hard so they can join another one. It gives the impression you're somebody whose head is easily turned. Sure, you mention your ultimate goal but not in such direct context.

Just because we don't like that part of his interview doesn't mean we're criticizing the signing. People are allowed an opinion, you know.

Okay I'll break this down slowly..this really is nowhere near as big a deal as this amount of discussion suggests, but since it seems pretty hard to get a simple point across to you I'll persist..I do like a challenge.

In his first interview before joining he's already mentioned leaving the club. That is not something the vast majority of players say when they sign for any club, and unless theyre 30+ or signing for one of the worlds' biggest clubs then theyre in exactly the same position as Castillo, with many joining smaller clubs than ours.

It may be poorly translated but that part looks pretty crystal clear. And we're not immediately calling him disloyal or saying he's definitely leaving this season or anything, but it's fair to say that it is quite an unprofessional thing to do. That's why a few people have made some casual remarks about it.

My ex was a Brazilian lass.. its more of a cultural thing, its just the approach that they take.. In Brit speak he was basically saying he wants to do a damn fine good job for us, I dont think any of us in our right minds would expect the chap to stay on if he is world class, and Latin chaps tend to be allot more up front about it..

From my perspective at least the chap is confident enough to hope to use us as a springboard to bigger things, shows he at least feels he is going to make it in the big time :)

The best part is yet again we hear from people outside our club just how professional we are.. I am more than happy with our reputation in the league and this is another fine example, its just a shame there are not more clubs around like ours.. :)

Archived