BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Paul Robinson

Robbo was positive, along with Nelsen, not very long ago. We should have struck whilst the iron was hot !!! He should have been number 1 priority before Nelsen, Salgado & Roberts.

IMO, dithering, dithering and dithering.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He still has 2 and a bit years to go.

However, the staggering thing is that new contracts have been handed out left, right and centre, however, arguably, our best and most prized asset has not been secured.

This is an absolute disgrace and really, IMO, sums up the muddled and disjointed thinking that now exists with Rovers.

If he's got two and a half years to go why would you offer him a new contract?

Robbo was positive, along with Nelsen, not very long ago. We should have struck whilst the iron was hot !!! He should have been number 1 priority before Nelsen, Salgado & Roberts.

IMO, dithering, dithering and dithering.

Just based on length of contracts, would it not be a priority to give new contracts to people, like Salgado and Roberts,whos contracts end in the summer rather than somebody who still as 2 and a half years left?

Just based on length of contracts, would it not be a priority to give new contracts to people, like Salgado and Roberts,whos contracts end in the summer rather than somebody who still as 2 and a half years left?

Not really.

In both cases it would have been the perfect opportunity to get two veterans off our wage bill, one who simply isn't good enough at this level and another whose legs are starting to go.

Securing the likes of Robbo and Hoilett to new deals would have been more beneficial to the club both in the short and possibly long term if either were to be sold in the future.

I think it would be a really bad idea to let Robbo go.

I think he is clearly our best player. He also talks well about the club and the fans so he is a real favourite for me.

We do have promising back up however and I would'nt begrudge him it, if a top club came in.

ghgh

We really should start talks about a new contract though, that would be nice, he could be a great aset for years to come

I think it would be a really bad idea to let Robbo go.

I think he is clearly our best player. He also talks well about the club and the fans so he is a real favourite for me.

We do have promising back up however and I would'nt begrudge him it, if a top club came in.

ghgh

We really should start talks about a new contract though, that would be nice, he could be a great aset for years to come

If, Paul Robinson was to leave in the summer, it would highlight Venky's lack of ambition for our club.

Goal.com exclusive claims Spurs is leading the race for £5M rated Robinson, while Liverpool and Villa are also interested.

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2011/03/03/2377281/tottenham-eyeing-shock-5m-white-hart-lane-return-for

I wouldn't let Liverpool replace someone they may well sell for £20m with ours for £5m, I don't think reina and robbo are that much different in quality.

if robbo signs a contract with us than my respect for him will know no bounds. he has been without a shadow of a doubt the most consistent player for us in the last 2 years. however, we as a club know better then most the tempation of playing under Kenny and for liverpool. Robbo has got to a point for me personally where if he did go, my attitude towards him would not change and i would wish him good luck. My stance would be that we would give Frank Fielding the chance to replace him as number one, he has ability and deserves a crack.

Sums up my feelings perfectly on both counts.

Here we go again! Vastly understated prices for Rovers' players.

Reina valued at £20m and Robbo at £5m. Someone is having a larf!

Wouldn't consider letting Robbo go for anything less than £14m if Reina is the benchmark.

Archived