BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Local Lad Dunny Vice Captain

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
just wondering what everbody thinks of this? as hes a local lad im ok with it, but i o alot of you will disagree saying youd rather he wasent on the pitch! lol :rover:

http://www.rovers.premiumtv.co.uk/page/New...1358489,00.html

Positive bit of info. Looks like the management team are trying to give Dunny a lift. It's a relatively minor position, but could make a difference to him motivation/hunger wise.

More like this please.

just wondering what everbody thinks of this? as hes a local lad im ok with it, but i o alot of you will disagree saying youd rather he wasent on the pitch! lol :rover:

http://www.rovers.premiumtv.co.uk/page/New...1358489,00.html

I had a feeling Dunny might have got it as he has been the captain in a couple of games this pre-season, Wolves and one of the portugese games if i recall.

Good move by Ince

i was reading in the let today how under mark hughes he got asked to play a little bit more defensive-for me i always thought is best qualities was attacking-so hopefully ince will give him this chance to get forward more..i think he could get 5+ goals for us this season..

when rovers were playing 4-2-3-1 and bentley was played behind santa cruz- i thought that role would of suited dunn down to the ground..

he loves the club, and will want the best for the club-good choice i think.

i was reading in the let today how under mark hughes he got asked to play a little bit more defensive-for me i always thought is best qualities was attacking-so hopefully ince will give him this chance to get forward more..i think he could get 5+ goals for us this season..

when rovers were playing 4-2-3-1 and bentley was played behind santa cruz- i thought that role would of suited dunn down to the ground..

he loves the club, and will want the best for the club-good choice i think.

Well said Mozzer i agree.

Dunny is at his best when he is given the chance to make those forward runs towards the box.

I'm sure JAL will be delighted! :lol:

Very good move imo. His heart's in the club and I feel he was the best of our central midfielders last season - although arguably that wasn't saying much.

I'm sure its great news for Dunny and if it provides that extra motivation that gives him that extra yard on the firld of play, then i'm all for it, but i stand by what i've said before.

Is this a sign of all things standards wise at Rovers coming down a notch or two. :unsure:

Positive bit of info. Looks like the management team are trying to give Dunny a lift. It's a relatively minor position, but could make a difference to him motivation/hunger wise.

More like this please.

Dunny doesn't need any more motivation with his hunger and needs to keep the weight down! Sorry, cheap shot that. It's good news!

I appreciate Dunny has his knockers!!!! But hopefully this will give him the motivation to get rid.

Not as much need as we don't play in those tight kappa shirts anymore. You can get away with man boobs in the umbro shirts!

Interesting! So thats another piece to the starting 11 then.

So far id say the starting 11 is made up from.

Robinson, Nelsen, Samba, Warnock, Gamst, Dunn & Roque

That leaves Right back, right wing, centre mid and striker to be sorted before the start. Time to impress boys!

That leaves Right back, right wing, centre mid and striker to be sorted before the start. Time to impress boys!

I know you just overlooked Bert due to his aura of awsomeness.

Bert would walk into the squad as it stands.

I'd have Bert/Simpson at RB.

Villanueva could play in the attacking midfielder role behind Roque and play Roque as a lone striker.

Annan at the heart of our midfield.

That just leaves a Right Winger. I'd say Pennant, watched a few of Liverpools games in their season review 2006-2007. Pennant does have a good cross on him and does have ability to beat a man. One game that stood out to me was Chelsea in the CL Semi-final where they won on penalties. He had a very good game. He attacked the full back and also put in very dangerous crosses. He may be lacking a bit of confidence but there is no doubitng that this kid has got talent. Maybe not as much as Bentley but from the options available to us he would be the best out of a very rubbish bunch.

Yeah. 5.5 million for a player who barely played while he was gone and obviously had an attitude problem at the time was a rubbish deal. Sack Souey!

Congratulations to Dunn. Good move by Ince. Still can't see Dunn being certain of a place though. If we play 4-5-1 and Villanueva isn't ready/doesn't settle then he can play in behind Santa Cruz, but if he isn't playing that role then he'll need someone very good alongside him in the middle and I'm not sure if we have anyone who is up to it, or if Annan, Sablé or whoever else we get will be up to it right now.

Archived