BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Football Manager 2009

• Backroom
Tried Loaded up the game this morning about to finish my preseason games off and start the league game but got an error:

'This save game cannot be loaded'

Looks like my save has become corrupted, i have a save that's just started when i am given the budget for the second season and the expectations from the board, looks like i am going to have to make signings all over again. Stupid me not making monthly saves.

A query on Tactics, has anyone got a 4-4-2 fully working? My 4-4-2 last year worked well defensively but attacking wise especially from the strikers it was poor.

Played- 38

Won- 22

Drawn- 8

Lost-8

For- 56

Against-33

Most of my victories seem to be 1-0 wins, Samba chiped in with a few goals as did Gioda and the midfield. Roque and Bangoura only scored like 25 goals between them...

Honestly with this game i've never had a 4-4-2 working brilliantly, pre 9.03 patch it was always one striker scoring and the other not. Now i just can't seem to get my strikers to score enough. Maybe i should ditch the 4-4-2...

4-4-2 can be a great system, but i've found it to be inconsistant, especially from season to season. It can work great one season then totally fail the next. Tweaking it can be difficult, the sliders seem to have more dramatic effects at times with a 4-4-2 than a 4-5-1... I think it's because the 4-4-2 is a more open and flowing system. Sometimes it can allow the CPU to overrun you in certain areas. I find 4-4-2 is particularly poor against teams like Everton, who used that annoying 4-4-1-1 battering ram tactic. I've never been able to counter it with 4-4-2, usually have to go 4-1-4-1, even at home. I sometimes have some success having an arrow from my DM going down towards the defenders, though at home I always look to attack and normally win. I had a 4-4-2 home tactic with Ipswich that was seriously unbeatable... we even dominated the big four at home. Away we were awful, though :D but i find away games very, very hard on this version.

• Replies 520
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

Reloaded a recent Rovers save ... 5th after 25 games in the 2011/2012 season. Many of our wins seem to have come from luck rather than playing well, which concerns me a little, but it is a solid squad which is getting better. Currently line up with an attacking 4-4-2 comprising of:

Robbo (I want to replace him but cannot find a better alternate within a decent price range)

Mattock/Warnock (they alternate atm, I plan to sell Warnock in the summer assuming I can get a decent price)

Granqvist

Samba

Carlos Diogo

Marquinhos

Reo-Coker (excellent player!)

Steven Ireland (was rotting in City's reserves, 2.3M, bargain)

Acosta

Kalinic

Pogrebnyak

Subs:

Villar

Ivanovic

Sturridge

MGP

Suazo

Nelsen

Mavuba

Strikers inspired somewhat by the summer transfer thread :P Marquinhos and Reo-Coker are my stand-out players. Acosta chips in with quite a few assists. Happy with most of my attacking options, the summer will address defence. I think I can get better than Diogo, and I'd like another DC. Samba's already got 3 red cards and 9 yellows this season... if I can get a good offer for him, he's gone. Just ended a 13 match unbeaten run by losing 1-0 to Utd at Old Trafford :( oh well.

I started a new game last night, got half way through pre-season and it came up with an error message 'out of array bounds' or something and just closed the game without a save!!! Any ideas why?

Are you patched to version 9.0.3?

I'm sure that was an error that came with game when it wasn't patched.

Just about to start my second season with Rovers, media prediction of 7th and the club want a respectable league position. Sticking with the 4-4-2 another season.

Main Squad:

Goalkeepers- Robinson (Chelsea are interested may sell and buy Ochoa) Lung Jr (Young romanian bought for £2 million).

Centre Backs- Gioda, Nelsen, Samba, Beevers.

Full backs- Emerton, Santon, Mattock, Evaldo

Midfielders- Grella (planning to sell when an offer comes in), Whitehead, Bodde (free transfer decent box-to-box stats), John-Joe O'Toole, Tugay.

Wingers-Ledley, Ochirosii, Krivets, Diouf

Strikers- Derbs, Lewandowski, Sturridge, Milevskyi

I also have Judge and Gally who can come in and do a job especially when i play in Europe.

I have £10 million left of my budget, planning to keep it for January if i need it. If i sell Robinson or Grella though i may use most of it to bring in a very decent midfielder or goalkeeper.

Just about to start my second season with Rovers, media prediction of 7th and the club want a respectable league position. Sticking with the 4-4-2 another season.

Main Squad:

Goalkeepers- Robinson (Chelsea are interested may sell and buy Ochoa) Lung Jr (Young romanian bought for £2 million).

Centre Backs- Gioda, Nelsen, Samba, Beevers.

Full backs- Emerton, Santon, Mattock, Evaldo

Midfielders- Grella (planning to sell when an offer comes in), Whitehead, Bodde (free transfer decent box-to-box stats), John-Joe O'Toole, Tugay.

Wingers-Ledley, Ochirosii, Krivets, Diouf

Strikers- Derbs, Lewandowski, Sturridge, Milevskyi

I also have Judge and Gally who can come in and do a job especially when i play in Europe.

I have £10 million left of my budget, planning to keep it for January if i need it. If i sell Robinson or Grella though i may use most of it to bring in a very decent midfielder or goalkeeper.

If you can shift Robbo for 3 or 4m and get Ochoa for 8m or less then it's well worth it and you have a keeper for life if you can stop him wanting to join a bigger club.

• Backroom

Beckham can still play in the premier for a couple of seasons and provides a lot of assists. A better buy is Lautaro Acosta, younger and with much greater sell on value. Also provides a huge amount of assists, and you can normally snatch him for 5M or so.

Go to:

Program files > Steam > Steam Apps > Common > Fottball Manager 2009

In there is the main game folder that would normally be in your program files folder if not for steam, so copy the .exe file and copy shortcut to your desktop. It still launches the game through steam, not independently tho.

I have trouble logging on to steam if my internet goes down, luckily for me its usually my router, but its still annoying.

Players out:

Roberts 4m (Ipswich), Zurab 5.5m (Ipswich), Gally 4m (Burnley), Rigters £6.5m (Wolves), Dunn £8m (Pompey), Gamst £9.5m (Fulham), 5 out on loan. £37m total

Big interest now in the following: Emerton, Ollson, Reid

Players in:

Delph £4.8m, Naughton £3m p/x, Diarra £6.75m (Madrid), Adam Johnson £4m (boro), Shawcross £2.6m (stoke), Ebanks blake £2.4m (wolves), Di Santo (loan), Ochirossi £2.2m (Steau Bucarest), Juan Angel Albin £5m (Getafe), Enrique Esqueda £120k. £33m total

Joining in Jan:

Jiri Kladrubsky £1.5m (Steau Prague), Raul Nava £1m (toluca)

Scouting to sign: Tamer abu-taha (PSV), Berg (HSV), Tom Cruise (arsenal)

13 games gone, currently 11th - Beat the dingles 5-0 away with Ebanks-blake bagging a hat-trick

My team is rubbish at the minute (despita having some talented players). About 5 games to go, 15th in my 1st season so far - not won in about 12 games lol! I might of made too many changes too soon - might even get sacked at this rate.....

Archived