BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Football Manager 2009

Just loaded up a new game. Rovers budget is now £5 million for a top half finish and there is £25k left on the wage budget. I'd be tempted to cash in on Roque if you want to make some major changes to the squad.

Diouf transfer is on there, got decent crossing, dribbling, pace and flair so he should be decent on the wing. Givet looks a bit low stats wise.

• Replies 520
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Tried going on my football manager that was installed via steam but it says that the steam servers are full and the game cant be opened. It says the game will be ready to open in around an hour. Anyone else get this?

Apparently the steam servers are struggling to cope, other users having the same problem:

"Steam servers are struggling to cope with the high demand. Be patient and it will come."

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=106396

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

First thing find the weak positions in your team and fill them in a any way possible

Once thats done make sure you have a good spine to ther side, solid keep + CBs and good CMs and at the very least 1 goalscoring striker

Get yourself a parent team and scour their reserves for players who you can have on loan for free

I usually play the 4-4-2 standard formation, keeps it simple, but the 4-3-3 isnt bad if you only have 1 decent striker

PS make sure you get a decent physio and look out for players who get their contracts mutually terminated throughout the season. There are some stars you can pick up for v low wages

is there anyway to set up a network game without having to mess about with all your settings? I was tryin to set one up with my mate but he couldnt get onto mine and I couldnt get onto his, its never been great for playing online mind, you have to set up a static IP and all that carry on

Thanks, Shabani!

I've done a bit of research and it looks like there's a tactic out there called 'total football' that is being called the best tactic currently available for the new patch..

• Backroom

"Total Football" is okay, but almost all tactics get found out after a season or so and you have to revamp everything, else your team will suddenly play like total strangers. The most important thing to remember is alter your tactics as the game progresses, if you go 1-0 up early on push for a second, if you're 1-0, 2-0 or 2-1 up with 75 minutes gone go defensive and play deep, because the CPU always switches to a 4-2-4 tactic and if you don't combat it you will concede.

Most of all, have something handy to punch when things go wrong. Trust me, you will need it.

Bought Football manager today, and havnt played it yet.I can not install the bloody thing, it keeps telling me "Steam.exe(main exception): Unable to load Library Steam.dll"What the hell is going on?

I'm no good with technical things.

Does your PC match the spec required for the game?

Gutted :(

I am (was) 5 seasons in on the PSP version with Blackburn. I had players like Bojan/Wallcott/Schweinsteiger/Robinio (all apart from Bojan on a free would you believe). Came to load it up the other night and it said load failed as if it hadn't saved properly - gutted.

I am going to start to make a back up save from now on.

• Backroom
Gutted :(

I am (was) 5 seasons in on the PSP version with Blackburn. I had players like Bojan/Wallcott/Schweinsteiger/Robinio (all apart from Bojan on a free would you believe). Came to load it up the other night and it said load failed as if it hadn't saved properly - gutted.

I am going to start to make a back up save from now on.

That sucks, though for what it's worth I've always found Bojan and Robinho to be extremely disappointing on FM.

That sucks, though for what it's worth I've always found Bojan and Robinho to be extremely disappointing on FM.

Well I don't know if you have used them on the PSP version but they are both amazing (The PSP can be a very different beast to the PC one at times)

• Backroom
Well I don't know if you have used them on the PSP version but they are both amazing (The PSP can be a very different beast to the PC one at times)

Ah, fair enough, I've never used the PSP version.

Just did a season with Ipswich and got promoted via playoffs... 8M to strengthen with, doubtful as to whether I can keep them up but it's a challenge at least.

5 league games in with Stanley - Won 3, drawn 1, lost 1 in the league.

Just got spanked 5-0 in the league cup at Man City! Turns out that Robinho is better than Colin Murdock! Who'd a thought it!

Using a 3-1-4-2 formation.

• Backroom

Had a tough first season in the premier with Ipswich... managed to stay up on 40 points, 18th only got 27 :lol: we only won 1 away game all season, and drew 2. Home record was immense though, only lost to Utd and Chelsea at home. Couldn't alter the squad too much last season, best buys were Jiranek, Stendardo and Acosta. This year we've started off strongly, 5th after 14 games B) still have a low transfer and wage budget but have made some shrewd signings.

Also, Civelli is a superb player, definately a tip to buy for anybody playing a Premiership/Championship game. Owen Garvan also becomes a good player, though he started acting like a bellend so I sold him for 8.5M to notlob.

Archived