BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Football Manager 2009

• Replies 520
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just got this on the PSP. Obviously its not as good as the pc one but it is very very good and the three hours I spent on the boat yesterday coming back from the Blackburn match just flew by....................I have yet to win a game though :lol:

Guest Kamy100

I think that I am going to have to invest in the PSP version as well, it will make the train journeys from Blackburn to Manchester more bearable.

SI have also announced that they are working on the 2nd patch (and hopefully final patch) for FM2009. They are aiming to release it on 18th December.

gotta say if you want to make money quickly in this game theres a few players to buy at the start (dont know if any will go to blackburn though) Lassana Diarra purchased for 4.4 mill after 1 season worth 10, Macelo from R.Madrid 4.5 mill after 1.5 season 9.5mill and if youve got enough for vella 9million will get him at the end of the first season, when he's worth 8 already.

Second season Leo Franco, good keeper for free and instantly worth 3.5.

Probably the best striker i've seen for value is Oscar Cardoza, 6.5 mill from Benfica and scores bagfulls, just set his long range shooting to often.

I did have a go with rovers to see how much money i could make to buy a whole new first team, think i got close to 60million

Pedersen 7.5

Olsen 3.5

Emerton 5

Dunn 6

Reid 6

Samba 7

Matty D 11

Bunn 2

Roberts 5

Then the rest was made up of Loan fees and selling youth players

Just finished 3rd with Man City after my 1st season. Signed Huntelaar for £15m who finished the leagues top scorer. Also signed Owen for just £4.5m, Vela for £10m and Jao Moutinho for £20m. Some of Citys players are well overrated though.

I find it hard to sell unwanted players though. Tried to get rid of Jo who was rated at £18m for just £4m and no one would take him

How do I encourage my team to go from Semi-Professional to Professional?

I have given as many of my staff and players full time contracts as I can, and I have been promoted twice.

I am with Stranraer now in the SD1 (and only on fm08, but figured I was as well posting here).

im interested to know how many of you guys signed Villanueva at the end of the first season?

i was going to, but then sold RSC to real for £35m and the lead me down a new path, been keeping an eye on him and he is looking good.

its dec 30th in my2nd season, am 5th and Robinson,(cup games) Samba, Emerton, Olsson, Pedersen, Derbyshire, start most games for me

• Backroom

Villa Vs Arsenal today WAS Football Manager :D Villa hitting everything except the net, Arsenal scoring their only 2 shots on goal, then Villa scoring in injury time to salvage a draw...

A couple of good buys for anybody starting:

Razvan Rat, great left back, will come to Blackburn, picked him up for 2.7M.

Marquinhos - young player from Palmerios, can normally grab him on loan when he moves to Barca (which is practically every game at some point).

Both of these have been majorly consistant, unlike most of the players on the game. Santa Cruz is also a quality player.

For the record, I think FM09 is the best game since 03/04, I really like it. A feature some of you guys might want to try out - go to the history of a club, see the 'best eleven', and in the bottom left hand corner is "Where Are They Now?" .... cool little feature.

Tactics are very hard in the game, but I've found success with a modified 4-4-2 at home and a 5-3-2 away.

• Backroom

A few other gems that are affordable:

Leo Franco(GK) - good keeper, Athletico sell for the asking price.

Caceres(DC) - get him on loan, solid DC.

Henrique(DC/R) - Decent future player, work permit is a problem though.

Zebina(D/WB/R) - for 1.2M he's a bargain.

Gavilan(AML) - should be able to get him on loan.

Torrado(DMC) - Might cost around 5M plus incentives, but a decent player.

Ivica Olic(AML/ST) - doesn't score too many but works hard and creates assists.

Just started a new game with Rovers, have sold:

Fowler (free)

Tugay (free)

Andrews - Aberdeen (loan, possible 750k permanent deal)

Zurab - Fulham (3.5M)

Reid - Sunderland (4.2M)

Olsson - Wolves (2.5M)

Judge - Cardiff (1.5M)

Roberts - West Brom (1.1M)

Ooijer - Bolton (900k)

Dunn - Boro (5.25M)

Derbyshire - West Brom (4.3M)

Mokoena - Birmingham (2.3M)

In:

Leo Franco (2.6M)

Razvan Rat (2.7M)

Henrique (6M)

Paulo Ferreira (end of season loan)

Jaime Gavilan (end of season loan)

Jonathan Zebina (1.2M)

Ivica Olic (3.1M)

Lautaro Acosta (end of season loan)

Gerardo Torrado (6M)

Martin Cacares (end of season loan)

I have a somewhat smaller squad now, and the side is not recognisable as such anymore :D I line up with:

Leo Franco

Rat

Nelsen

Cacares

Zebina

Gavilan

Villanueva/Acosta

Torrado

Emerton

Santa Cruz

Olic

Playing an attacking 4-4-2 formation. First game of the season, beat Liverpool 4-0 :rover:

Playing an attacking 4-4-2 formation. First game of the season, beat Liverpool 4-0 :rover:

Very impressive. I find this game frustratingly hard at times. Just finished my first real season in the game (Fulham), I jumped ship when we were 18th in April and opted to join Pompey instead (who bizzarrely were impressed with my track record at Fulham).

I've been reading a lot about tactics on various FM forums and done all the "right" things according to most FM tactics gurus, but I still wasn't able to do well at all. 5/6-game losing streaks were common. Most of my players had decent stats, and my usual first XI was

GK: Dudek

DR: Onuoha

DC: Hangeland

DC: Contreras

DL: Nesmachniy

AMR: Karim Ziani

MC: Mineiro

MC: Andranek/Agouazzi (Bullard demanded a transfer and I decided to let him go)

AML: Chris Malonga

FC: Kherzakov

FC: Johnson

Decent team on paper, but it still performed absolutely horrendously for the best part of the season. Frustrating.

• Backroom

Playing FM has soothed my anger over the IRL City result a little.

Currently played 6, won 5, lost 1 (against Man Utd). Things going well... shame so many of my squad are loans. Attacking 442 formo I use is really good, if anyone wants me to throw it their way give a shout. I downloaded it from someone else and modified it slightly, so I can't lay claim to creating it, but it is awesome.

Oh, I also sacked Mathias, Knox and Winterburn :)

Archived