[Archived] Football Manager 2009

• Replies 520
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As promised - Here are the kids iv signed so far with big potential:

Toto Tamuz - £350k - B. Jerusalem - Striker - Aged 20

Jozy Altidore - £5.25m - Villareal - Striker - Aged 18

Henri Bienvenu - £1.1m - Es Tunis - Striker - Aged 20

Jean-Marc Etchart - £2.4m - Nimar Olympique - Centre Mid - Aged 15 (Quality for his age)

Sofianne Feghouli - £3.5m - Grenoble Foot 28 - Att Midfield Left - Aged 18

Rafael Carioca - £3m - Gremio - Defensive Mid - Aged 19

Thiago Silva - £4.6m - Flumineses - Centre Defence - Aged 23

Samir Ujkani - £2.5m - Palermo - Goal Keeper - Aged 20

I then have the following 3, joining in future months/ years due to age/ country based.

Michael Channel - £170K - B. Jerusalem - Att Mid - Aged 17

Yoel Goldstein - £300k - Vitoria - Att Mid - Aged 16

Tiago Dutra - £240k - Gremio - Defensive Mid - Aged 17

Im also monitoring around 10 other kids at the moment and will no doubt sign a few more in the january window. 3 games played in the league so far. Stoke (w 4-1), Pompey (L 1-0), Man Utd (W 1-0).

Guest Kamy100

Thanks for that Hughsey will look at them.

What formations are people playing?

I am currently playing 4-4-2 and tweaking it to player strengths, have had limited success with it as have got Rovers secure in the top half of the table.

Kamy - Not all are great players, just yet, but all have massive potential to be future premier stars according to my scouts. Most of them however would benefit from 1-2 years out on loan probably.

3-1-4-2 against weaker opposition with both wingers pointing forward, all defenders with no arrows, defensive midfielder just sitting and one midfielder pushing forward, while one dropping deep.

Against bigger teams and I beat United 1-0 with it. 3-2-3-1-1. So basically 3 centre backs, 2 defensive mids infront, 2 wingers (both with arrows going back deep), 1 centre mid, 1 attacking mid, and 1 lone striker. But the attacking midfielder & striker both had plenty of pace to hurt them.

So far iv played 3 league games - won 2, lost 1 and won 1 cup match also.

Kamy - Not all are great players, just yet, but all have massive potential to be future premier stars according to my scouts. Most of them however would benefit from 1-2 years out on loan probably.

3-1-4-2 against weaker opposition with both wingers pointing forward, all defenders with no arrows, defensive midfielder just sitting and one midfielder pushing forward, while one dropping deep.

Against bigger teams and I beat United 1-0 with it. 3-2-3-1-1. So basically 3 centre backs, 2 defensive mids infront, 2 wingers (both with arrows going back deep), 1 centre mid, 1 attacking mid, and 1 lone striker. But the attacking midfielder & striker both had plenty of pace to hurt them.

So far iv played 3 league games - won 2, lost 1 and won 1 cup match also.

I'll try those tactics as well, thanks!

Thats obviously not all of the tactic, iv adjusted the team tactic too to quite quick passing, quite abit of attacking mentality, always hard tackling, counter attacking, aswell as a deep line for defence. I also picked a fairly short pitch so the faster players cant out pace my players to easily.

Is Villanueva with Rovers, and does his loan have a buy option?

Yes and yes, £4m (well he was on the demo, full game is still installing).

I know I should have asked this before I bit the bullett and bought the game, but have they resolved the ridiculous number of injuries that were happening in the demo?

I know they released a patch straight away (its updating now), but did this resolve it?

Young Italian that i mentioned earlier in the week is called Davide Santon, he can play RB, WB, MR, AMR, F, he isn't the best to begin with but his potential is rated at him being the best in the Premiership in a year or two. I sent him out on loan to Huddersfield who i have a partnership with until January and now he's at Cercle Brugge. He scored 11 goals in 7 games from RB for Huddersfield and had 5 assists. He has played 6 games so far for Brugge and scored 3 in 4 games from RM. Going to start him instead of Belleti next season for Rovers and i think he could do the business and he'll only be 18 by time he comes back from loan duty. He played for Inter Milan before i signed him.

He were on loan there, its still quite impressive for a full back/winger regardless of what league.

No it's impossible is what it is. If Warnock played LB at my university team I still wouldn't expect him to snag 11 goals in 7 games!

Has anyone installed the game and run it from an external HD? or is this possible?

I can't see why that would be a problem, providing the drive has the same letter every time.

Why you would want to though is another matter. It will be unbelievably slow, especially if you're running it from a USB port and not Firewire.

Ah. Well...it's worth a try I suppose.

Although...having thought about it some more, the registration thing could be a problem, because if that's recorded in the registry then it's going to be local to your computer and therefore won't be activated at work. If you do try it let me know how it goes, I'll be interested to know the result.

How on earth is that impossible btw? Its a computer game, with a vast engine, anything can happen on it.

You misunderstand. I'm not saying it didn't happen on your game, I'm saying it would never happen in the real world.

Oh sorry, i did misunderstand you. I gather it would never happen in the real world, i doubt we'd ever get some of the ridculous scores in the real leagues that we get on FM. I got beat 5-1 by Plymouth Argyle in the League Cup but i suppose the way this season is going we probably will be playing them next season in the Championship anyway.

Archived