BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Football Manager 2009

• Replies 520
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I bought the game, and still haven't played more than 7 days ingame. I just can't be bothered to find players etc, and i agree about Sparkys comment, its not fun anymore. Its so indepth etc that is a chore. But saying that i had a real itch to play when we equalised today! I think i may give 01/02 a run again, i really enjoyed that. It was good, easy to pick up and play.

I think the game is just harder this year and it's putting people off from playing day in day out like previous versions.

One thing I don't like is SI taking away the lines on the tactics board which enabled you to tell your players where to run etc. My players aren't going where I want them to which is getting frustrating!

I hope they bring out the next patch soon!The striker bug is so annoying!

As you might have guessed I am having a torrid time with Limerick 37 at the mo. No players will come on loan, players are utter poo and it looks like I might have the same record as Incey

having to launch the game through that steam does my head in

You don't have to. Go into the steam folder in program files, then apps and the football manager folder is in there. You can copy a shortcut of the fm09.exe file onto your desktop.

Bugs are annoying though. Having gone 21 games unbeaten in my first season, I now can't buy a win with the same tactics and a stronger team. And every game I concede at least one goal from 30yrds out!

The way the game calculates the score before the match is also very obvious in this version. The amount of games that I'm totally dominating but not able to score, but everything the AI touches goes in is just daft. I know it happens in real life, but not every other game. Its not quite as blatant as last year with al of the last minute goals you'd let in, but it is still annoying.

I'm Leeds, sitting in 3rd after 25 games or so.

Got Keith Andrews, Fred Sears and Keith Treacy on loan, but the first two were short term so only the latter is stiill at the club. As I entered the midway stage I suffered a slump (basically the other teams adjust to your tactic, like real life) so I changed it and am going good again. Lost 4-0 away at Man U in FA cup 3rd round, 2-1 away at wolves (90th minute winner....I'd knocked Hull out on pens too) in the league cup.

I seem to concede loads of stoppage time goals!

I recommend signing Mascio whoever you are, 17 and a gem for 40k max!

Finished 9th in my first season with Saints.

The board were over the moon considering they were predicted to narrowly avoid relegation and with no money to spend and a team full of youngsters.

Hopefully i'll get a few freebies in and look to build to challenge for a play off position next season.

Finished 9th in my first season with Saints.

The board were over the moon considering they were predicted to narrowly avoid relegation and with no money to spend and a team full of youngsters.

Hopefully i'll get a few freebies in and look to build to challenge for a play off position next season.

Great finish considering their real position and whats expected

Really enjoying the game myself. Just finished my 2nd season with Rovers. Finished 6th in my first season, but only managed to finish 9th in my 2nd.

Play 4-4-2, using playmaker, attacking, direct passing, quick tempo.

Team (Usually) -

GK Robinson

RB Emerton

CB- Nelsen

CB - Samba

LB - Warnock

RW - Rakatic

CM - De Jong

CM - Matias Fernandez (Playmaker)

LW - Pedersen

FD - Saviola

FD - Santa Cruz

I bought the game, and still haven't played more than 7 days ingame. I just can't be bothered to find players etc, and i agree about Sparkys comment, its not fun anymore. Its so indepth etc that is a chore. But saying that i had a real itch to play when we equalised today! I think i may give 01/02 a run again, i really enjoyed that. It was good, easy to pick up and play.

Was gonna get the game depending on people's comments, didn't like FM 2007 (the last game from the series that i owned) for these exact reasons, totally agree that cm01/02 was ace (had it on xbox) and when i saw from LeChucks post (cheers fella) that there's an update for this season i checked out ebay and got a copy for £3.45 inc postage... bargain eh?

Really enjoying the game myself. Just finished my 2nd season with Rovers. Finished 6th in my first season, but only managed to finish 9th in my 2nd.

Play 4-4-2, using playmaker, attacking, direct passing, quick tempo.

Team (Usually) -

GK Robinson

RB Emerton

CB- Nelsen

CB - Samba

LB - Warnock

RW - Rakatic

CM - De Jong

CM - Matias Fernandez (Playmaker)

LW - Pedersen

FD - Saviola

FD - Santa Cruz

DIRECT PASSING ?????

Are you the next Sam Allardyce.

By the way just got the game, can be stressfull at times :)

Was gonna get the game depending on people's comments, didn't like FM 2007 (the last game from the series that i owned) for these exact reasons, totally agree that cm01/02 was ace (had it on xbox) and when i saw from LeChucks post (cheers fella) that there's an update for this season i checked out ebay and got a copy for £3.45 inc postage... bargain eh?

Even though i have been trying out a few things, i might have to get my hands on one! Anyone know if there is an update for 07?

Archived