BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Football Manager 2009

Where does the AI get the rumours from?

Some seem to be based on genuine interest in players and others seem to be made up, to see if they get a reaction from you. Im always getting linked with crap players.

Not had much chance to play this weekend. In league played 8, won 4, drawn 1 and lost 3 and currently 7th. Also won 2 league cup games, but net step Liverpool. Just hoping my team can stay top 10, until the january window - where hopefully I can shift out 1 or 2 more and bring in some more talent.

• Replies 520
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm Southampton at the moment playing this formation:

.............Chopra

Skacel.....Lallana.....Wright-Phillips

.. Schneiderlin...Surman

Insua...Svensson...Zakuani...Carr

................Davis

Mentality - Normal

Counter Attack

Target Man

Short Passing

I reckon I dominate most games but just don't take my chances.

I'm 5th in the Championship with Saints at the moment. Played 19 games, won 9, drawn 4 and lost 6. Every game i've lost has been by 1-0 as my defence is pretty solid.

It's pretty tough being Saints. They have no money to spend, a team full of youngsters and a really low wage budget which is making it a right challenge to sign people. All Saint's best players are loaned out to other clubs as Saints can't afford to pay their wages and are making a severe loss every month.

So to sum up my current game, i'm pretty pleased with my current position as i'm predicted to finish approx 20th in the league.

I started with Reading.

I am near the end of my second season, I am hoping to finish in the Champions league spots, will probably only finish 5th though.

The more I play the more I am loving the match engine. It is great to see your new signing dribbling down the wing or belting in a 30 yarder. Great stuff

Anyone found any tactic that scores a lot of goals? I'm struggling to get a single goal at the mo no matter what tactic i try.

I started out with 4-4-2 and was doing ok-ish, sitting in midtable. Downloaded a very good 4-2-2-2 from sortitoutsi and went on a run after that (won 5 in a row in the league, then came back from 2-0 down to draw with newcastle). Currently sitting 3rd after 11 games and have knocked out Northhamptom and Pompy from league cup.

My team is pretty similar to rovers real life team, except with Ricardo Oliveira upfront with Rocky (£11.5m from zaragoza), Diarra in midfield (£5m - pompy were stuck for cash and transfer listed him) and Kennedy Bacicirigigigiglogogou or whatever on loan from Ajax (£1.1m upfront, £1.7m to follow).

Got very little cash left and am trying to bring in as many youngsters as possible. Agreed a deal for the inter rb mentioned above (but need to raise a few more funds).

Oh and just stripped Nelsen of his captaincy after he declared he wanted tp move to a bigger club, so he's also on the list of players to get rid of in january.

Tried to sign Appiah on a free, but he couldn't get a work permit (despite over 40caps) and failed his medical anyway. Some spanish side got him in the end.

The Burnley keeper just scored a goal against me from a freekick just outside his area. He booted it down field, my keeper came out to collect and it bounced over his head.

I've scored one that was almost as bad. My keeper took a goal kick that went all the way through and bounced at the edge of their box. Their defence left it and their keeper (Given!!) only started to come off his line as Derbs headed it in from 6yrds out. lol

Anyone tried any rags to riches yet?

I dont have a fast enough comp at present so back to playing FM 05

Started with Lancaster in the Conference North and got them promoted through the playoffs in the first season, now I'm mid table with 8 games gone in the Conference National. Picked up a load of players who are well known now but were released by their clubs because they werent offered a professional contract.

Wayne Hennessey. free

Phil Bardsley. loan

Zak Whitbread. loan

David Wheater. free

Ryan Shawcross. free

Gary Harkins. free

Frazer Campbell. free

Neil Danns. loan

Ben Collet. free

Lee Cattermole. free

Slyvain Ebanks Blake. free

Had a bit of a clearout in January.....got rid of McCarthy, Dunn and Emerton for a total of £15m. Close to signing Yakubu for £11m plus Derbyshire and Olsson, also bid for Alex Song on loan, and I need a LB to cover for Warnock, so I've also bid for Razvan Rat on loan.

Well...there are a group of people still dedicated to playing CM01/02 (considered by many to be the best ever CM/FM incarnation) and they still produce updates for it, the last was in September and can be found here: http://rapidshare.com/files/148559468/Sept...Update.zip.html - you need the latest patch installed to use it, found here: http://www.gamershell.com/download_606.shtml

If you don't have the CD for that game still, there are other ways you can get it. If that's too subtle just drop me a PM if you're interested in playing it. :)

Edit: Actually, people have gone to further lengths editing the game to include things like point deductions etc. Have a look round http://www.champman0102.co.uk it might just put the fun back in that you were missing, I know what you mean about it feeling like a chore now.

Archived