BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Football Manager 2009

They've announced that the first look at the features and an announcement about the game will be on September 3rd. Up until now nothing is really known about the game so it should be pretty interesting.

There is currently what they have referred to as a teaser image up on the website which features Che Guevara, sparking rumours that this game might not be so similiar to the last ones but be more of a revolution.

Official Announcement

Detailed Explanation from SiGames Forum, Miles Jacobson MD

Teaser Image

• Replies 520
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I've heard that they revolutionary feature is going to be a 3D match engine!

I really hope it's more than that. They keep just adding gimmicks year after year whilst the actual gameplay remains basically the same. I know a lot of people who have played since the days of CM1 that have become bored with the series and have stopped playing. FM06 seems to be the point when people became fed up, the game has basically stayed the same since then.

The way you select your team and tactics has barely changed since the first game back in the early nineties, and there are still so many flaws with that and the transfer system. They also keep adding annoying things, like the constant media questions of 'Do you think you will win today?', which seemingly just have a random chance of being a positive influence or your side. Team talks are so pointlessly superficial as well.

I really hope it is a 'revolution', but not just in the way you watch the match happen, the way it's actually played desperately needs an overhaul.

I am still playing 07! So i hope this is better than 08

You might as well.

Seriously, if this was a game in any other genre people would have stopped buying it years ago. SI have been piggybacking on the excitement of new football seasons for a few years now. If it wasn't for football itself naturally changing and progressing there would be no need to buy a new version, it's only the transfers etc. that make it worth while, the game itself has been stagnant for years.

I thought it was already on a dvd disc?

I've loved FM2008 and i've owned the game since the old days of CM1 with made up players. The little things they keep adding to the game just continues to make it as realistic as possible.

A couple of features i'd love to add are the following:

Being able to be an assistant manager or youth team manager and control the reserve and youth teams without actually being the manager. For example working your way up through the club i.e. being the youth team manager and being involved in youth competitions and signing youth players and building your reputation up.

Another feature i'd love the new game to have is more control of the overall finances such as picking sponsors, ticket prices, merchandise prices etc just like they used to have on Ultimate Soccer Manager on the Amiga. Also being able to invest in other facilities i.e. choose to increase stadium by adding 5,000 seats or build the corners in on the stadium etc.

Yeah id like more stuff to do on finances and also be allowed to see the new stadium once it is developed. I think you should also be able tobuild other stuff like club shops, club pus etc to increae your revenue. Maybe also sign up links with cities and build shops in there.

Yeah id like more stuff to do on finances and also be allowed to see the new stadium once it is developed. I think you should also be able tobuild other stuff like club shops, club pus etc to increae your revenue. Maybe also sign up links with cities and build shops in there.

Sounds like you want an accountancy package mate not a football sim :P

To be honest the game that you are talking about is LMA Manager (not that they make it anymore as far as I know).

Very excited about it,

The 3D match engine should be a good addition, the press conferences and building relationships with journalists etc should be a fun feature as well as the assistant manager making suggestions.

All good news in my opinion, can't say I was dissappointed with any of the changes, all an improvement in my opinion.

Guest Kamy100

Very impressed by the features video. Really pleased with the improvements that they have made, and especially the 3D engine and the fact that they have been working on it for 3 years. Really looking forward to playing the demo at the end of October.

Archived