BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Football Manager 2009

• Replies 520
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Release Date is 14th November, however they will be releasing a demo well before that date.

Think i'll trust the game and buy the full version, would hate to do a season on the demo (or however long a period of time you get) do really well, then realize i can't carry on with my career.

What are Rovers like in it?

I've pretty much stopped buying the new ones due to the inaccuracy of the Rovers team stats and the ridiculous 'dividend' scheme to balance cash out.

They also really need to get the 2d match engine sorted before they start messing round with a 3rd dimension.

If you have any problems with the Blackburn data then you can use the official SIGames Blackburn data forum to let them know your issues.

Apparently the match engine is the same one as Football Manager Live so they have had a long time to work on it and deal with any glitches, hopefully it's going to work well.

Think i'll trust the game and buy the full version, would hate to do a season on the demo (or however long a period of time you get) do really well, then realize i can't carry on with my career.

Normally the demo version is compatible with the full version.

The demo is usually the first 6 months of a season, so in theory you could play the 6 month demo and then continue it when the full game comes out.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest Kamy100

Demo for this is out Sunday at midnight.

It will be available for download from the Sigames.com website or through STEAM. If you do not want to download it then you can buy a copy of News Of The World and you will get a demo CD with that.

Demo for this is out Sunday at midnight.

It will be available for download from the Sigames.com website or through STEAM. If you do not want to download it then you can buy a copy of News Of The World and you will get a demo CD with that.

Thanks for the heads up :tu:

Guest Kamy100

My expectations of the the 3D engine weren't much but on my Mac it runs quite well. As with the 2D engine it took SI a patches and about a year to get it working properly. For the time being I will stick with the 2D engine and use the 3D one for big matches.

Loving a lot of the other stuff in the game, the press conferences are quality, especially if you put a swear word in your own response! Like the way that if you don't get a player on loan the club comes back to you with reasons why and what they want for the deal to go ahead. In fact the whole the extra interactions are really good. The tactics have also been improved, I can now see my changes to tactics actually working out in matches, for example played Bolton and got Samba to man mark Davies, during the highlights you could see Samba always sticking close to him.

Overall I like it.

The tactics have also been improved

Not so sure about this bit myself, the inability have arrows going sideways is a bit restricting and I'm not sure why SI have removed it. I used to like having wingers cutting in using arrows, or sometimes both strikers running wide to leave space for an AMC behind, but neither of these are possible anymore.

There is major bug in this demo thoug; the amount of injuries. People on the FM forums are reporting pretty much the same thing - 6 or 7 medium to long-term injuries over the first couple of games. Last night I was playing as Man City and for the third league game I had Jo, Robinho, Petrov, Wright-Phillips, Elano, Ireland, Kompany, Zabaleta and Richards all unavailable by this point. It's going to be pretty much unplayable until this is sorted out.

Guest Kamy100

The injury bug is really a "show stopper" for me now.

I am into October and almost every match I am getting players injured on medium term injuries (2 Months), it really is stupid because at this rate going to need a squad of 50!

Demo looks alright so far, not played much though. Managed to sign Luciano Galletti for Rovers for the RM position, also bought Miguel Torres on loan. I haven't played a match yet but looking forward to see how it goes with 3D.

Anyone else noticed that 'penalty taking' and 'free kick taking' are now part of the keeping attributes? :huh:

The arrows were deemed unrealistic.

They used to work by making your player run to wherever the arrow was pointing when your team gained possession of the ball regardless of the situation. Now player will make runs depending on their stats. The better their stats, the better the running.

There is a big thread on sigames.com forums. I was initially very disappointed but when I read the reasons why, I changed my mind. Definitely worth a read

At least you all can get the demo running. Apprently my graphics card is not up to snuff so I can't even get it started.

From what I've seen on a friend's computer, they have added a few nifty features while creating their millions of new bugs.

I would also like to point out that we have a new Blackburn researcher this year, so hopefully we will get a few good changes this time around. So far it seems like Derbyshire got boosted quite a bit and would be quite handy. Also of note is our media prediction of 7th place (seems to follow last season's table mostly). Would someone please post a screenie of Fowler so we can laugh at his weird mix of stats? The game apparently has Bunn as our second best keeper and Treacy and Andrews start in the reserves while Super Sergio Peter stays in the first team, but at least Tugay is still functional in this version.

There will be a patch available on the day of release. Thank God, because the injury bug makes the game unplayable. While this is a relief, it is also a poor show from SI, who seem to overlook the same bugs every year.

Nevertheless, I think this game looks unbelieveable. Every year it gets better and better.

The best thing about the game? You can actually sell your players, and for reasonable fees! I was able to sell all the deadwood in my squad - some six players - and loan a few out within one week. Thank you SI for FINALLY making this more realistic!

Archived