BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Football Manager 2009

• Backroom

Yeah, you have to watch out for that :( you can attempt to loan him out to european clubs until he gets a work permit, or try immediately selling him I guess.

Finished 5th in the end, had an excellent end of season run. Was level on points with 4th placed Man City and 2 points off 3rd placed Chelsea, so a good season overall. I think we can push for 4th this season, as my squad is much stronger than ever before. Slowly, I'm having to rely less on loans and have brought in players on permanent deals, though Acosta has just joined us for his 4th season in a row on loan :D

2011/2012 ins and outs...

Out:

Henrique (6.25M)

Treacy (Free)

Jorge Lopez (2.5M)

Julio Santa Cruz (Free)

Ibrahim Torman (3.5M)

Lewin Nyatanga (3.5M)

Ignacio Gonzalez (4M)

In:

Acosta (Loan)

Pedro (Loan)

Tomas Sivok (3.5M)

Ron de Graaf (Loan)

Billy Jones (Free)

Sergio Mota (6.5M)

Ilsinho (10M - initial 5M and 5M after 30 games)

Rudy Cortese (10M - initial 4M and 6M after 30 games) - awesome regen, stats are amazing.

Squad should line up as:

Leo Franco

Bridge

Sivok

Rat

Ilsinho

Gavilan

Sergio Mota

Willians Santana

Rudy Cortese

Santa Cruz

Marquinhos

though as Santa is out for 3 months it's more likely to be Acosta or Olic playing up front. If I need Ilsinho I can always put Jiranek in right back as he's a little old but solid. Solved my huge defensive problem last season, during January I ripped Zebina and Nelsen from the team and inserted Rat in the centre, Bridge (who Chelsea offered for 0M with 2M to be paid after 30 games :D) on the left and Jarinek on the right.

Strongest team yet, time to push for honours, up the Rovers! :rover:

• Replies 520
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just got the game and patched it to 9.02 (i think its the latest, though i believe a new patch might be out in Feb?).

After reading an interesting article about "Grande Torino", regarded as the greatest team Italy has ever seen and was tragically cut short in the Superga air disaster in 1949, it has inspired me to take up the challenge of making Torino into a powerhouse again. Its going to be hard and will take some time, but i like a challenge. :lol:

The board has targeted a mid-table finish and have given me a budget of £2.4 million and a wage budget of 190k per week. My wage budget is already close to 190k so i'm going to have to cull some of the higher earners. There's a few over the age of 30 on decent wages and I’ll try to bring in some cheap but quality bargains.

If anyone knows any cheap players you’re welcome to mention them and I’ll take a look. I’ll keep you updated on how I get on.

• Backroom

Caceres, Acosta and Gavilan would be good loan signings for you, if you can get them, not sure what the rep of the club is and what clubs these players would go to. They came to Blackburn, but different kettle of fish there. Zebina for 1.2M is an excellent right back, but again, depends if you can persuade him to come. Shaktar will sell Razvan Rat for 2.7M, you might be able to structure a deal to work within your budget, he's easily the best value-for-money left backs in the game and overall a solid performer. He signed for me when I was in the Championship with Wolves.

Heldar Barbosa used to turn into a quality left winger in fm2006 dont know about this one though. Looks promising. Only costs around 100k from Porto.

Try and Get Acosta on loan. Great Pacey right winger who is always on loan. Ive had him on loan at rovers for 2 years lol!

Finding it really hard work on my Torino game in terms of the board stopping me from laying off staff, attracting players to the club etc. I've kept the save and i plan to go back to it sometime. Starting up a Rovers game now.

BTW anyone else having huge problems with the number of injuries players are picking up? I've tried reducing the intensity of training but players are still picking up a lot of knocks.

Finding it really hard work on my Torino game in terms of the board stopping me from laying off staff, attracting players to the club etc. I've kept the save and i plan to go back to it sometime. Starting up a Rovers game now.

No patience these days! You've been going less than 24 hours!!

BTW anyone else having huge problems with the number of injuries players are picking up? I've tried reducing the intensity of training but players are still picking up a lot of knocks.

Had the same problems at Limerick (Sams Old club)

It seems a few of ye are actually having fun playing this game, must get the new patch and give it a go!

I've had more injuries on this latest patch than I had on the last one. Don't know if they've been playing around with that a bit or not, I thought there was perhaps too few after the first patch (understandable for them to over do it slightly when fixing the original release).

After playing it for a while, this latest version does seem to be a lot better. Most of the technical issues seem to have been resloved (no massive wait while the 3d match engine loads anymore). There is still something not right with the strikers (struggle to miss keepers) and the defenders (are all morons!) that will hopefully be resloved with a final patch.

I think the main source of frustration now (apart from the game being harder than before) is that you can see all of the flaws very clearly now with the 3d view. When it was just coloured hockey pucks we had to use our imagination a bit and it perhaps wasn't noticable that our centre backs were standing still, picking their noses with their backs turned, if they were close to the ball, we assumed that they were challenging for it lol.

There is still something not right with the strikers (struggle to miss keepers) and the defenders (are all morons!) that will hopefully be resloved with a final patch.

I think the main source of frustration now (apart from the game being harder than before) is that you can see all of the flaws very clearly now with the 3d view. When it was just coloured hockey pucks we had to use our imagination a bit and it perhaps wasn't noticable that our centre backs were standing still, picking their noses with their backs turned, if they were close to the ball, we assumed that they were challenging for it lol.

Yeah i know what you mean.

Noticed a few things on my game that don't look right/could be bugs:

- Goalkeepers kicking the ball long perfectly to an attacker that then scores. It happens far too often IMO.

- Players seem to be awful on 1 on 1's with goal keepers.

- I had a striker with 17 pace and a high acceleration getting outran by an opposition defender with a pace of 4.

- Defenders sometimes act really stupid, leave themselves open to get bypassed, run oddly on the 3d match view. No matter how much i change the d-line, use tight marking or man marking they still act stupid. Sometimes the bloody defenders won't tackle!

- Hitting the woodwork a lot.

From what i gather there won't be a new patch out until mid Feb.

Some of the bugs are just down to the 3D match engine being poor. I do agree about the long kicks from keepers, but it balances out. The missed chances is annoying as it makes it all just a bit unrealistic, but that is a problem they've had for a while. I'll often go on a run of 3 or 4 games where 20+ goal a season strikers will miss 5 "clear cut chances" a game and I'll end up losing by the odd goal to a team who have taken there one or two chances. Obviously teams win games against the run of play, it's part of sport, but it doesn't happen as often as it does in FM.

Im doing really well with City. I have won the Premier League twice in a row (on course for 3rd), Champions League, UEFA cup twice.

I am enjoying throwing money around. I bought Benzema for £60m.

I am struggling to sign the very best though, even with 150m to spend I couldn't sign:

Walcott,

Fabregas,

Ronaldo

Rooney,

Messi

Kaka

These type of players will never play for City. The clubs just wouldnt sell them to me.

I beat Arsenal 3-0 yesterday with 3 shots on goal, they had 24 :)

• Backroom

Suddenly this season I'm regularly losing 4-0/5-0 to teams no matter what tactics I play.... absolutely no idea what's happened, my team hasn't changed much, morale is still superb, players are of a good age... we're just suddenly awful. Don't really get it... I may put off playing FM until February when the new patch comes out, for despite the fact I've been fairly successful, the inconsistancies in the game are a little too much at the moment for me. It was kind of sad last season that we were winning games but I was frustrated because the game was inconsistant and unrealistic. Hopefully the new patch will fix that! A shame because until the last 2 seasons I've been having a blast with it.

It is now 2017, Blackburn are top of the league, 8 points clear with 4 games to play. Average age of the squad is 21 and obviously all regens mostly signed from Brazil who were rated very highly by the scouts. Now they have all got work permits and are doing well

Just lost my next two, they're cracking under the pressure

Suddenly this season I'm regularly losing 4-0/5-0 to teams no matter what tactics I play.... absolutely no idea what's happened, my team hasn't changed much, morale is still superb, players are of a good age... we're just suddenly awful. Don't really get it... I may put off playing FM until February when the new patch comes out, for despite the fact I've been fairly successful, the inconsistancies in the game are a little too much at the moment for me. It was kind of sad last season that we were winning games but I was frustrated because the game was inconsistant and unrealistic. Hopefully the new patch will fix that! A shame because until the last 2 seasons I've been having a blast with it.

Was going to happen sooner or later DE4life, sorry!

• Backroom
Was going to happen sooner or later DE4life, sorry!

I wouldn't mind losing, it happens, but to ship 4/5 goals per game when I haven't changed my team much (if anything it's improved) is strange (and doesn't happen IRL). I await the next patch in hope, because I still think this is the best game since 03/04, and once the bugs are totally ironed out, it may be one of the best CM/FM's ever :)

PaulC from Sports Interactive posted this on the official forums in a topic about injuries:

"I still dont think there is a lot we can do with injuries for 9.3.

The thing is, 9.3 is due out in February and that doesn't leave a lot of time before code lock. Match engine wise I have already addressed a few defensive issues raised on these forums and as a result the # of goals per game has dropped somewhat, which will take a while to retune etc I feel we need to prioritize the match engine issues about there is consensus on these forums, and to be honest injuries isn't one of them.

But I will ask QA to play a couple of games as you suggest Argel just in case something jumps out!"

Source: http://community.sigames.com/showpost.php?...p;postcount=151

Just started a nice quick, easy game with Man City. I like to play 4-5-1 and also like to collect brilliant midfielders (seriously, check out the quality of my midfield, it's far and away the best in the game IMO).

The top layer is my first choice eleven and the second layer the rest of my squad, although the midfield and attack is always interchanging:

Carrizo

Hart

Rafinha / Dunne / Richards / Srna

Zabaleta / Ben-Haim / Onuoha / Garrido

Elano / Palombo / Veloso / Moutinho / Petrov

Wright-Phillips / Kompany / Diarra / Arshavin / Castillo

Robinho

Pogrebnyak

Sturridge

Here are the players I brought in then:

Rafinha - 12.25m

Srna - 14.50m

Veloso - 12m

Moutinho - 12m

Palombo - 15m

Diarra - 11m

Arshavin - 12.5m

Pogrebnyak - 8m

Carrizo - 6.5m

Was gonna sacrifice signing one of them midfielders and bring in Huntelaar, but couldn't decide who to not go for and changed my mind. After reading the comments on here about Huntelaar, I wish I had have signed him!

• Backroom
Just started a nice quick, easy game with Man City. I like to play 4-5-1 and also like to collect brilliant midfielders (seriously, check out the quality of my midfield, it's far and away the best in the game IMO).

The top layer is my first choice eleven and the second layer the rest of my squad, although the midfield and attack is always interchanging:

Carrizo

Hart

Rafinha / Dunne / Richards / Srna

Zabaleta / Ben-Haim / Onuoha / Garrido

Elano / Palombo / Veloso / Moutinho / Petrov

Wright-Phillips / Kompany / Diarra / Arshavin / Castillo

Robinho

Pogrebnyak

Sturridge

Here are the players I brought in then:

Rafinha - 12.25m

Srna - 14.50m

Veloso - 12m

Moutinho - 12m

Palombo - 15m

Diarra - 11m

Arshavin - 12.5m

Pogrebnyak - 8m

Carrizo - 6.5m

Was gonna sacrifice signing one of them midfielders and bring in Huntelaar, but couldn't decide who to not go for and changed my mind. After reading the comments on here about Huntelaar, I wish I had have signed him!

Don't be too disappointed, the Hunter is hit and miss depending on your system.

Nice to see those comments from Paul C, eagerly awaiting the next patch !

OK this is driving me absolutely cracy now, absolutely ###### mad.

Ever since I bought the game I haven't been able to get onto the FM Community forums. This never used to be a problem. I've reset my SEGA PASS login details about 10,000 times, yet every time I try to login it tells me I've got an invalid email / password combination, which I quite clearly haven't. This has been going on for months now.

HOW THE BLOODY HELL DO I SORT IT?!

Any help would be much appreciated!

Archived