BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Football Manager 2009

You know, i aint been given the right tools for the job, you know weve had loads ah injuries and i feel da pressurrrrre but we playing good football you know we aint bet relegated yet...followed by a large laugh

^Hughesys prematch confrence aka Ince :D

• Replies 520
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I survived the season - Team finished 15th which the board were unhappy with and the team exited both cups @ round 3.

Anyway thats the hard bit over - more deadwood on its way out (Grella - £6m, Nelsen £5m) with Basquets & Zarate signed so far. My young team is now that bit older & more experienced. Im sure the 2nd season wont be as hard.

Now got a very strong spine to my team - Robinson, Samba, Diarra, Basquets & Zarate

• 4 weeks later...
Has any one updated their game to reflect the latest transfer? Any idea where i can find a good update?

Yes - check the link that Kamy put up a page or two back I think - its on there.

Im in my 4th season now. Just won my first silverware (league cup) in season 3. So finally got European football to play. Got an awesome Brazilian striker.

Yes - check the link that Kamy put up a page or two back I think - its on there.

Im in my 4th season now. Just won my first silverware (league cup) in season 3. So finally got European football to play. Got an awesome Brazilian striker.

Thanks.

Btw, who did you get? I bought Adriano a few times so far in my game and he's very inconsistent.

The current game I'm playing is by far the longest I've ever played, going back to the days of Champ Man only playable in DOS.

2017 now, which means most players that started the game are retired or too old. Obviously some are still knocking around, but most are regens/newgens too.

It's almost like playing a new game, and it makes it really bloody hard! Unless you have hours to spend you end up almost solely relying on your scouts to find players. It's quite a nice challenge actually, the game gets incredibly dull once you become familiar with all the players.

A few days ago Sortitoutsi released an updated database with all the new transfers in it, they've released a few in the past and i've had no problems with them so i think i am going to start a new game with it.

http://www.filefront.com/14467693/The%20Of...date%202009.zip

I'll let you know how i get on with some of the players we've signed recently and what sort of budget is left over...

It's almost like playing a new game, and it makes it really bloody hard! Unless you have hours to spend you end up almost solely relying on your scouts to find players. It's quite a nice challenge actually, the game gets incredibly dull once you become familiar with all the players.

Thats the way I try to do it from the start. Dont go after your Bentleys, Lennons or whatever.

Go for some unknown kids that your scouts have picked up for you. Pay them peanuts and sell them for mega.

Got 1 or 2 well known players in my squad - but not many. Delph is probably my best bet from todays well known youngsters. Signed him for £4.5m, now worth £9m, England international and Arsenal offered me £14m for him!

Go for some unknown kids that your scouts have picked up for you. Pay them peanuts and sell them for mega.

After a few games though you kind of know who your scouts are going to come back with, and who turns out to be great in the game. After a couple of months of playing it's really difficult to stumble across a gem you haven't come across before. Also, there is a lack of talented young English players at the start and I hate filling my team with foreign players - if you play long enough for the newgens to come through you can get a much better mix of British/foreign players.

This is the first time I've gone past 3/4 seasons on this version so it's breathed new life into for me. As I hinted at earlier though, it becomes far more time consuming to build a squad because you don't recognise any of the player names.

How are the other new signings eg salgado, kalinic playing?

Salgado's pretty solid (though on a very low wage), but keeps making the odd mistake, while Kallinic has only scored penalties and not done a lot else.

As Tim says, pretty realistic so far.

Salgado's pretty solid (though on a very low wage), but keeps making the odd mistake, while Kallinic has only scored penalties and not done a lot else.

As Tim says, pretty realistic so far.

Thanks, am going to download the update and try it this weekend and hopefully have some interesting stories to share by Monday :D

Just started my game on the Weegie update.

Brought in so far:

Ochirosii-£325k

Krivets-£1 million

Beevers-£2.5 million

Out:

Brown-£2 million

Roberts-£2.5 million

Rigters- (Hoping he accepts a contract from Sheff Wed or Wolves- Possible £2 million plus sale)

The game reflects the current view of the side really, lot of defenders, injury prone midfield (Dunny's natural fitness is 8 for god sake!) and starting the season with only Kalinic and Hoilett (his stats aren't that great) fit.

Got around £9-10 million left to bring in another striker, one central midfielder a goalkeeper and maybe try and find a decent cover left back/CB. Though i think i'll need to offload another defender to bring one in, Zurab is getting some interest.

Pre-season i haven't been scoring enough goals and struggling, though with Benni and Di Santo out i am not surprised.

Ochirosii-£325k

Got around £9-10 million left to bring in another striker, one central midfielder a goalkeeper and maybe try and find a decent cover left back/CB. Though i think i'll need to offload another defender to bring one in, Zurab is getting some interest.

I signed Ochirosii at the beginning of my game. He just put a transfer request in last night - in my 4th season I think, he's worth £13m and Chelsea offered me £30m, which I turned down. It unsettled him and now he wants out. Iv set his asking price at £50m, but clubs are still showing interest, im hoping that 1 more good season (As its now past the transfer window) will increase his value and then maybe get me a £35m fee. He was willing to sign a new contract but wanted a jump from £24k a week to £66k - No way as others wanted parity.

Try and sign Delph - although he wont make a mjor impact at first, he is worth it in a couple of seasons. He is now worth £12.75m on my game and clubs are interested at £20m.

See if you can take Vela on loan from Arsenal - he is sometimes available and a decent goalscorer. Or maybe sign an old experienced striker that will only set you back £2-3m.

Just started a game on the sortitoutsi update.

Rovers has £16m in transfer funds!!!

But Diouf, Benni and Nelsen are all out for 6 weeks to 8 weeks.

Well...the update is just made by a few people in their bedrooms, they've probably just took the difference between the incomings and outgoings and thrown that figure in.

I'm going to hold off downloading the update because it makes it a bit more special when the new FM arrives at my door.

I'm going to hold off downloading the update because it makes it a bit more special when the new FM arrives at my door.

I'd love to do the same, but i doubt my prehistoric comp will run the next version so it looks like i am stuck with this update.

Back to the game, completed almost all my signings for this window, just need to bring in a left winger. Got almost £7 million to find one, ideally looking for someone experienced, already got the youngster Ochirosii.

Transfers out:

N'Zonzi- Loaned out to Crewe.

Brown- £2 million to Liverpool.

Roberts- £2.5 million to Fulham

Pedersen- £7 million to West Ham (Want wingers that can dribble, Pedersen has 10 in this stat)

Rigters- £2 million to Sheff Wed.

Transfers in:

Ochirosii-£325k

Krivets- £1 million (usually pay less but competition this time for his signature).

Beevers-£2.5 million

Lewandowski- £1 million.

Gignac- £5 million

Enyeama- £500k

Rat- 500k loan

Still got a couple of pre-season games left before the league kickoff, Barcelona at home being one of them!

Looking to line up as a 4-4-2, don't really know my best 11 yet, but i'll probably start with:

Robinson/Enyeama

Chimbonda Samba Zurab Rat

Krivets Emerton Grella (new left winger)

Kalinic Gignac

Retraining Emerton as a MC as i reckon he will be decent there with great physical stats plus decent enough passing and tackling stats. Grella stats wise is pretty decent as well. Central midfielders in the formation/settings i am using must be able to tackle and pass well and have decent physical stats, the flair players are my wingers.

Diouf, Nelsen, Di Santo, Benni all unlikely to be ready for the start of the season.

Hey guys, just wondering if anyone has come across a "loan to buy" situation where the loanee club do not exercise the right to buy?

In my game Salgado is worth £11m! So i tried to sell him and the only taker is Stoke who is offering me 750k upfront and an option to buy for £10.25m at the end of the season.

Archived