BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Paul's Progress

Surely we should be allowed to debate the criticism and say something if we feel like it is unjustified? There has been a lot of unjustified criticism recently. The people who have said positive things have been shouted down and called 'paulettes'. There has to be a balance to all of this and not such a polarisation of 'you're anti-Ince' or 'you're a paulette'. Some of the things said on here have been downright abusive and rude, that'll always happen I know but surely not to the extent it has happened on here.

There has been criticism definitely but I would certainly not say 'unjustified'. Quite the opposite.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's saddening that some people are rather flippant about the current situation at Rovers.

I have to wonder if they have Blackburn Rovers' best interests at heart.

Very sad to see...

Well said Frisky Jim you've probably got alot of kids on here who dont know any better so dont be too hard on them.

Williams and the board are going to have to come out of their comfort zone now and lead the club through these trying times unless that is they are deliberately downsizing.

Well said Frisky Jim you've probably got alot of kids on here who dont know any better so dont be too hard on them.

Williams and the board are going to have to come out of their comfort zone now and lead the club through these trying times unless that is they are deliberately downsizing.

I suspect being one of the few females around here, I'm one of the few towards whom the term Paulette could accurately be applied. Hopefully it won't be because i don't think I am one. All I dislike is the criticism which cannot be backed by fact. If you tell me we played appallingly in the second half last Saturday, that is fact. I saw it and there is proof of it. and nobody would disagree. If you tell me that some unnamed source says the players have fallen out with Ince and the atmosphere in the dressing room is awful, then unless you can produce a source to counter the various people who have been named who say it isn't, then I have every right to doubt the truth of those rumours. I want Ince to succeed. At the moment there is a significant body of evidence to suggest that on the pitch he is not. I want to see my team get out of relegation trouble first, and then push up the table. There are significant doubts as to whether that will happen at least in the near future. Both of those mean that there are some hard choices to be taken by the board and the chairman. do they stick with Ince, or do they decide to replace him? If they decide on the latter then they need to decide who to replace him with and start finding out if that person might be available and willing to come to us. If they are thinking along those lines how to they begin considering possible replacements without making the current manager's position untenable as he goes into a difficult phase of the season? I have no problem with those sensible posters who wish to criticise on specific issues. I do have problems with those who seem to have had issues with Ince before he arrived. They are not numerous but there are some.

There has been criticism definitely but I would certainly not say 'unjustified'. Quite the opposite.

So people saying Ince has lost the dressing room, there's club unrest, training methods are poor, Bentley left because of Ince, Friedel left because of Ince, all of which have been at the least unfounded and at best proved to be completely false is justified criticism? Comment on rumours but don't use them to bash Ince and put them forward as reasons for a.) not supporting him and b.) sacking him some of which happened before the season even started.

If you don't like him and you take exception to his being the manager, fair enough but don't use falsehoods or unfounded and unproven rumour to back up your arguments. Use real things like tactics, buying players, playing players out of position and the results Ince gets. That's fair!

I can understand and accept that there are some people who will dislike Ince intensely and want him gone as the manager. That's their viewpoint but there have been many occasions where people have taken rumour, conjecture and dodgy newspaper reports to bash Ince and as examples of his poor management. Those views were never retracted when for example Carlos newspaper article was proven to be a prime example of journofiction.

I think there will be people on here who will want Ince gone as manager whatever happens.

I just want what's best for Rovers, and I have to be honest and say that I'm worried right now.

some of that is due to intuitive judgement.

if Ince was manager and was doing what I perceive to be a great job, I'd have no problems.

So do I Bryan and I too am worried. The display on Saturday in the second half was frighteningly bad. The fact we can't score at home, the injury list and our being in the bottom three are distinctly worrying.

I suspect being one of the few females around here, I'm one of the few towards whom the term Paulette could accurately be applied. Hopefully it won't be because i don't think I am one. All I dislike is the criticism which cannot be backed by fact. If you tell me we played appallingly in the second half last Saturday, that is fact. I saw it and there is proof of it. and nobody would disagree. If you tell me that some unnamed source says the players have fallen out with Ince and the atmosphere in the dressing room is awful, then unless you can produce a source to counter the various people who have been named who say it isn't, then I have every right to doubt the truth of those rumours. I want Ince to succeed. At the moment there is a significant body of evidence to suggest that on the pitch he is not. I want to see my team get out of relegation trouble first, and then push up the table. There are significant doubts as to whether that will happen at least in the near future. Both of those mean that there are some hard choices to be taken by the board and the chairman. do they stick with Ince, or do they decide to replace him? If they decide on the latter then they need to decide who to replace him with and start finding out if that person might be available and willing to come to us. If they are thinking along those lines how to they begin considering possible replacements without making the current manager's position untenable as he goes into a difficult phase of the season? I have no problem with those sensible posters who wish to criticise on specific issues. I do have problems with those who seem to have had issues with Ince before he arrived. They are not numerous but there are some.

Hold on gumboots, I'm supporting friskyjims viewpoint of being one of the extremely concerned group of fans at the current state of the club not personal spats between fellow fans.

My earliest concerns on the new manager and his team have not been eased since day one to now, and like your good self and many other fans it doesnt look like its getting any easier. Ignore players falling out with the manager rubbish though judging by Steven Warnocks tantrums on the pitch it wouldnt suprise me if he is the culprit on the training ground he seems to blame everybody else rather than himself when things go wrong around him.

The pre season article of dressing room discontent was when a certain Paul Gallagher and David Bentley were around these two created the rumours or fed the stories now they've gone somebody seems to be going back to this trying to find their own justification for the poor results so far which I think should be ignored. But its only natural if your an International player not getting regular football with a transfer window looming your going to get unrest from players thats just life.

Plus gumboots I know for a fact that Matty Derbyshire asked Ince to consider him for transfer in the summer as he felt he wasnt getting enough games, would not have mentioned this but hes been bobbins this season regardless of being played out of position, hes so disappointed me no end this season playing like a brainless chicken.

Its a results based industry so we will all have to wait and see what develops but its no good burying our heads in the sand when things clearly arent right.

Keep the faith !

So people saying Ince has lost the dressing room, there's club unrest, training methods are poor, Bentley left because of Ince, Friedel left because of Ince, all of which have been at the least unfounded and at best proved to be completely false is justified criticism? Comment on rumours but don't use them to bash Ince and put them forward as reasons for a.) not supporting him and b.) sacking him some of which happened before the season even started.

If you don't like him and you take exception to his being the manager, fair enough but don't use falsehoods or unfounded and unproven rumour to back up your arguments. Use real things like tactics, buying players, playing players out of position and the results Ince gets. That's fair!

I can understand and accept that there are some people who will dislike Ince intensely and want him gone as the manager. That's their viewpoint but there have been many occasions where people have taken rumour, conjecture and dodgy newspaper reports to bash Ince and as examples of his poor management. Those views were never retracted when for example Carlos newspaper article was proven to be a prime example of journofiction.

I think there will be people on here who will want Ince gone as manager whatever happens.

I have never said that I believe that he has 'lost the dressing room' or any of the things mentioned above. I also was not opposed to him when he first arrived. I began to get alarmed when I saw the quality of the players he was signing (except Robinson), particularly Fowler, the quality of the backroom staff and the lack of a Bentley replacement. In recent week that alarm has crystallised into an unecceptable league position.

I can only conclude that I, along with many others, were right to worry and it is time to sack him before any more damage has been done.

I have made the point that a new manager must be given time to assess the squad in advance of January.

Have I been unreasonable? I don't believe so.

I must emphasise that my concern is for the welfare of Blackburn Rovers and not for Paul Ince!

Wether I am being fair to him or not is not my priority.

Stuff it, I hope we go down, Ince gets sacked, we go out of business and have to start again.I can't stand the amount of effing sniping, whinging and claptrap that goes on here. The only reason I bother to visit is to see if someone knows of a patch to debug and update the original database for FM 2008. All my efforts have been in vain, as SI have shut down the links.

Face it, we do not deserve a Premiership team at all. Blackburn is a dump, no-one turns up to games, everyone wants the moon on a stick, and whines like a 3 year old when things go a bit wobbly. We deserve to be relegated, just so the empty seats can take pleasure in moaning and saying 'I told you so'.

It sounds really strange, but I want all football teams to go bust, including ours, and for the game to start again.

I have never said that I believe that he has 'lost the dressing room' or any of the things mentioned above. I also was not opposed to him when he first arrived. I began to get alarmed when I saw the quality of the players he was signing (except Robinson), particularly Fowler, the quality of the backroom staff and the lack of a Bentley replacement. In recent week that alarm has crystallised into an unecceptable league position.

I can only conclude that I, along with many others, were right to worry and it is time to sack him before any more damage has been done.

I have made the point that a new manager must be given time to assess the squad in advance of January.

Have I been unreasonable? I don't believe so.

I must emphasise that my concern is for the welfare of Blackburn Rovers and not for Paul Ince!

Wether I am being fair to him or not is not my priority.

My post was in answer to you saying there hasn't been any unjustified criticism.

I don't doubt you have Rovers best interests at heart. SO DO I!!!

Plus gumboots I know for a fact that Matty Derbyshire asked Ince to consider him for transfer in the summer as he felt he wasnt getting enough games, would not have mentioned this but hes been bobbins this season regardless of being played out of position, hes so disappointed me no end this season playing like a brainless chicken.

Keep the faith !

I may be mistaken but I thought that was common knowledge, whats worse not playing or playing in different positions?

Thats a complete no-brainer Imy9. not playing is the worst for any footballer.

Supporting the point that I was making that Derbyshire should be happier this season as he is getting more playing time than last season.

Hold on gumboots, I'm supporting friskyjims viewpoint of being one of the extremely concerned group of fans at the current state of the club not personal spats between fellow fans.

My earliest concerns on the new manager and his team have not been eased since day one to now, and like your good self and many other fans it doesnt look like its getting any easier. Ignore players falling out with the manager rubbish though judging by Steven Warnocks tantrums on the pitch it wouldnt suprise me if he is the culprit on the training ground he seems to blame everybody else rather than himself when things go wrong around him.

The pre season article of dressing room discontent was when a certain Paul Gallagher and David Bentley were around these two created the rumours or fed the stories now they've gone somebody seems to be going back to this trying to find their own justification for the poor results so far which I think should be ignored. But its only natural if your an International player not getting regular football with a transfer window looming your going to get unrest from players thats just life.

Its a results based industry so we will all have to wait and see what develops but its no good burying our heads in the sand when things clearly arent right.

Keep the faith !

Oh aye, you've been faithfull through and through.

I am putting this here as well as on another thread because I do not believe that this is progress!

Just read this by Ince

"We played some good stuff against a very good Tottenham side at their ground and we silenced their crowd for most of the game.

"The effort put in was unbelievable - the performance was outstanding.

"I thought we were going to salvage something. Had the ball been in the right place we would have got a point."

Who is he trying to convince?

unbelievable effort and outstanding perfomances get points!

ball in the right place ffs, it was on the pitch for us to get it!

what a turkey!

Supporting the point that I was making that Derbyshire should be happier this season as he is getting more playing time than last season.

Well he had a big smile on his face when he came on at a spurs just not convinced he was smiling for those reasons. You would think he would be happier with more pitch time, but in the same breath matty has been awful so far. I hope ince told him more pitch time as oppossed to more time playing as a striker.

Well he had a big smile on his face when he came on at a spurs just not convinced he was smiling for those reasons. You would think he would be happier with more pitch time, but in the same breath matty has been awful so far. I hope ince told him more pitch time as oppossed to more time playing as a striker.

He's possibly thinking his place's secure if we drop down a division.

Archived