BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Paul's Progress

Why is our manager repeatedly negative with his comments though? I believe this also negatively affects the players.

International breaks, lack of funds, long hard season ahead - even the timing of the league cup draw got a blast from Ince! I know all managers moan but you don't get a lot of other managers saying we are in for a really tough season before it starts.

I heard Nelsen moaning about international duty a couple of weeks back and how it is so hard for us to cope. I could be wrong, but I don't remember it being too much of a problem for him at the start of the Hughes era.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Why is our manager repeatedly negative with his comments though? I believe this also negatively affects the players.

International breaks, lack of funds, long hard season ahead - even the timing of the league cup draw got a blast from Ince! I know all managers moan but you don't get a lot of other managers saying we are in for a really tough season before it starts.

I heard Nelsen moaning about international duty a couple of weeks back and how it is so hard for us to cope. I could be wrong, but I don't remember it being too much of a problem for him at the start of the Hughes era.

He was 4 years younger then and managed to miss a fair few internationals anyway. I know 4 years doesn't sound much but it does make a difference. He was also fitter having not had the serious injury he's had since and never having fully recovered from it.

He was 4 years younger then and managed to miss a fair few internationals anyway. I know 4 years doesn't sound much but it does make a difference. He was also fitter having not had the serious injury he's had since and never having fully recovered from it.

I was more making the point that Nelsen was saying that these international breaks really hurt teams like BRFC. Whilst they may do, it is obvious the constant harping about it from Ince is noticed by the players. Keith Andrews was even asked about it in his press conference today!

Just wait for yet another moan about it in the pre match comments ahead of the Spurs game.....

Ince is embarrassing us! :lol: He's moaning about a lack of resources when he chose to come here, and now he's trying to absolve himself of responsibility, not to mention all that other drivel he's coming out with.

You learn more about a manager when the chips are down.

I wonder if the Man City messageboards are as full of woe as this one? After all, they've spent at least £60m this summer and have precisely 1 more point than us - and we are a club in crisis <_<

Anyway, if Ince wants to get us back on track he needs to go back to basics

1) Play his best players in their best positions. That means Warnock at left back, and Tugay in centre midfield. If he needs someone to do his running for him then Andrews or Mokoena do that. But Tugay gets the ball and starts playing football like we used to (and to whoever the next manager is in January - WE NEED A BALL PLAYING CENTRE MIDFIELDER THAT ISN'T 37, OR A WALKING SICKNOTE)

2) He picks someone to play on the right and sticks with them. Emerton if fit, Carlos or Derbs if Emerton isn't fit

3) He plays our best forwards - Roque and one of Benni/Derbs. Roberts is at best an impact player against tiring defences. In the meantime, he gets a bag of cement and practises trapping it. Fowler is at best a property developer, and should be left to that.

4) He picks a system (4-4-2) and sticks to it, practises it, drills it, until we become hard to beat again.

5) Tells Robinson that every time he lumps the ball up field when a defender is available for a throw out he gets fined. Friedel hardly ever gave it the big boot. Robbo hardly ever does anything else. If we want to win, we need the ball. Nothing wrong with 4 or 5 passes across the back to keep possession (despite some of the morons who boo if there are more than 2 non-forward passes in succession)

Saturday 2nd half was a disgrace, but I've seen a few of those last season too - Coventry at home, Aston Villa at home, Portsmouth at home, Birmingham away to name but four. However, each time we got a positive reaction in the next game. The test for Ince is whether he can get a positive reaction out of the players. If he can't, then he's a dead duck and I think he knows it.

Top Post FLB :)

Btw, RovertheHill , dont mention Hughes performance at City, it will spoil the rosy image many of us have in our minds.

That he is just one point ahead of us inspite of having world class players like Jo, Robinho and SWP shows that the league is particularly tight this season .

As for Ince, the main reason why he is doubted, deservedly IMO, is :

1) His statements, which are confusing and often negative

2) The Fowler deal which put a huge shadow on his transfer-market abilities...

3) Freezing out Vogel, without any explanation

Since the tough hand he was dealt with unfortunately Ince has not shown he is the right man for the job. ..............

PS - Please feel free to disagree with any or all of this post. We are, after all, Rovers supporters together and while we might differ in opinion we share in all wanting what is best for the club.

Tough hand FLB? Good grief! A squad with four or five players alone arguably worth £50+ million and with 3 successive top half finishes in the locker and the transfer window wide open for two whole months? A squad containg the PL's 3rd top scorer from the season before?

How would you describe the start that Hughes faced?

7. Some fans were hostile to Ince from the start and lost no attempt to belittle him. There is no denying this. However the majority of fans were willing to give him a chance...it is these that are now deciding Ince is not the right man for the club.

Ahem. It gives me little satisfacation to write this but allow me to re-write point 7 for you FLB.....

7. Some fans were hostile to Ince from the start and were subject to prolonged attacks and ridicule for their opinion. As the season unfolds it is increasingly apparent that they were right all along. ^_^

I was all for getting rid of Ince before the season started when it was apparent there were going to be major problems for us with him, Mathias and Knox in charge of the team.

I think it was clear that the rumours of dressing room unrest had something in them and that the training regime would be nowhere near the level that we were standard under Hughes or what is becoming standard throughout the rest of the league.

I think people under played the importance of how alarmingly bad PI was/is with the media and we are now getting the picture that Ince is out of control of the situations at the club. Ince's statements are often negative, make out that he inherited a bad situation and often make him look under prepared, arrogant and disorganised.

Ince's signings have been poor and I hae little faith they will be better should he still be in charge by January. The man is well out of his depth at this level and does not have back-room staff of the right quality.

I refrained from posting negatively on here until now because I thought that once the season was under way we should give him a chance but now I am hoping JW is ready to swallow his pride and take action soon otherwise I fear I fear he is going to have made a grave mistake in appointing Paul Ince as manager.

I think it was clear that the rumours of dressing room unrest had something in them and that the training regime would be nowhere near the level that we were standard under Hughes or what is becoming standard throughout the rest of the league.

You're quite welcome to post what you think in the rest of your post but I have to take issue with this statement as it has been categorically denied by the players, the management and the board at Rovers. If that isn't clear enough then I don't know what is.

You're quite welcome to post what you think in the rest of your post but I have to take issue with this statement as it has been categorically denied by the players, the management and the board at Rovers. If that isn't clear enough then I don't know what is.

In the words of Christine Keeler's mate "they would say that wouidn't they?"

No, I don't think he thinks that, I think what he's clearly trying to say is that just because players make certain public statements, there's nothing to say they're being sincere with those comments, and it may be that they're just doing it for teh sake of teh club.

That still means they are lying.

That still means they are lying.

OK, let's try again ...

What he's saying is that just because they say something, it doesn't *necessarily* mean that it's true.

Just because Dunn says training is great, Ince is a good boss blah blah blah, we don't know for sure whether he's just putting on a brave front for the outside world.

The season ticket holder who sits next to me at ewood is a family friend of Dunny's and he assures me that it was all true and that they morale in the club is excellent - they just feel its a case of picking up a win and we will start to hit form.

As I've said before about all this "unrest" bollux it was discussed at a previous Fans Forum and dismissed completely out of hand by John Williams.

He was really really indignant about it which certainly led me to believe he wasn't trying to put any positive spin on it in any way shape or form.

I can't vouch for what might or might not have happened at the weekend but what Ince said in public was extremely mild compared to what I'd have been tempted to say.

OK, let's try again ...

What he's saying is that just because they say something, it doesn't *necessarily* mean that it's true.

Just because Dunn says training is great, Ince is a good boss blah blah blah, we don't know for sure whether he's just putting on a brave front for the outside world.

He certainly didn't mince his words about Souness when I spoke to him the previous time he was here

OK, let's try again ...

I'm sorry. Lying is not telling the truth. Whatever the reason, if he is not telling the truth, he is lying. You do not tell out and out lies to deflect questions; you say something neutral and non-commital but you don't say it's great when you mean it's atrocious. If you do that's a lie. they haven't just said "Well, i have no problems with anything" They have said they enjoy training and that the spirit in the camp is great. Look at how pleased they were on Saturday when the goal went in.

and it's not just the first team who are saying it. I heard from a younger player the other day, "Ince is a nice guy and a good trainer" No axe to grind, nothing to cover up, just talking to a group of teachers in his own language so there was no ambiguity.

Archived