BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Paul's Progress

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Those few wins are virtually guarranteed when a new man takes over but in the medium to long term does not ensure success, that is what I meant.

I wonder what the odds are on Hughes being sacked by City and coming back to Rovers, not beyond the realms of fantasy....

As much chance as the owners of city coming to Rovers bringing their money with them.

This is exactly what I want to hear from Ince. He is right, the players have to stand up and be counted. Yesterday they didn't and that was very very clear. Samba was outstanding. I'll wait to see what happens in the next few games but what Ince says is spot on. We are in a dogfight and we haven't spent much money or apparently have much to spend. Bring back the injured players and kick the backsides of those who didn't fight yesterday and make sure they do next Saturday.

The club is up sh** creek and anyone saying they aren't is on the funny pills.

Our only one genuine in-form class player may well be going in January.

We have a rookie manager who is buying has-been's and never-was's -- not necessarily his fault, the club won't back him with real money. But if the board reluctantly decide to get the cheque-book out in January it may already be too late, and we have no idea how Ince will spend the money. if we bought some decent players, there is no guarantee they'll stay fit for teh season anyway, we are piling up such a monumental injury list.

If we were to bin Ince and his army of helpers, we'd be paying a significant amount of compensation which the board may shirk at and probably the one guy who would be a fair bet to save us (Allardyce) has already been snubbed once, and may well not be interested again.

From where I'm standing, we are on the express non-stopping service to relegation, and I'm not feeling one bit confident in the board to save us.

there just is no fight in the team. that it self was prob worth 10 points last season. if we do replace ince, i for one will still would give him another month before giving him the boot.

if theres still no fight, its gonna have to be someone who knows the market, someone who has allready got transfer targets in mind. which means he is gonna have to be someone employeed atm.

A. someone gets sacked unfairly soon.

B. We spend a lot to bring in a management team, from europe or EPL.

i hope ince can turn things around soon, but if the worst happens my 1st choose will the same as last time.

Carry on believing the Daily Mail over the players if you want to mate. :)

Did you hear Mathias' comments from yesterdays game?

In both BBC and Sky interviews, he said something like like "we'll be fine, we have strong characters in the coaching staff" without even mentioning the players. It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if the players are disliking the current regime given that comment, it certainly fits in with all the hearsay at the moment.

Put it this way, players who are used to challenging for Europe now find themselves in a relegation battle, with several of them also being played out of position. How do the pro-Ince brigade think the dressing room is feeling right now? That's not factoring in any rumoured bullying etc, as we don't have any reliable sources for that.

I think the hearsay and the players interviews are equally unreliable; the hearsay for obvious reasons and the players interviews because a) the comments were made at the start of the season and b ) I doubt they'd slag off Ince if they were put on the spot.

Did you hear Mathias' comments from yesterdays game?

In both BBC and Sky interviews, he said something like like "we'll be fine, we have strong characters in the coaching staff" without even mentioning the players. It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if the players are disliking the current regime given that comment, it certainly fits in with all the hearsay at the moment.

Certainly did hear that - a piece of appalling man-management. They're all in this mess together and comments like that will create a split in the dressing room if one doesn't exist already. :angry:

What have Dunn and Andrews Actually said? any links?

What has Philipl actually said??? Nothing.

But anyway, if there wasn't a rift before there will be now. Ince thinks his players aren't up for it and I have no doubt the victims of his tirade think likewise. Who can we count on in the playing staff to show some leadership? Nelsen maybe but I think he's a fairly useless captain so perhaps not. Time for Dunny to step forwards? Look at what he did last time there was a rift - couldn't wait to get out.

Yesterday was a deja vu moment with Kidd's rubber-dinghy men rant, so this should now be brought to a conclusion by Williams ASAP. But I fear he has none of Jack's decisiveness and willingness to admit a mistake. Has he ever sacked anyone apart from Parkes via the back page of the Sun?

Archived