BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Carling Cup 4th Round Draw

Ozz

• Backroom
Bring on the dingles.

But I have a gut feeling we'll get Sunderland away.

I have high hopes for this competition but in reality its hard to see past L'aresnal winning it, they look unbelieveable.

Damn, sometimes it sucks to be right!

I think we can assume Burnley won't be progressing. :lol:

That was my first thought too, but then I remembered when they drew Liverpool in the FACup a few seasons back.

At the time I laughed because I thought they would be taught a lesson in proper football - but then Liverpool were rubbish on the day and the Dingles won.

I'd like to think that Chelsea won't be caught out the same way and would give us the amusement of annihilating them.

As for Sunderland - could have been worse.

*sad statto mode on*

In the six seasons since we won it, we have been knocked out of this competition by one of the big four on five occasions. That suggests we should survive.

*sad statto mode off* :P

Bring on the dingles.

But I have a gut feeling we'll get Sunderland away.

I have high hopes for this competition but in reality its hard to see past L'aresnal winning it, they look unbelieveable.

Fair play, what a shout! Don't reckon its too bad a draw as we have avoided top 4 and tottenham plus we have avoided the lower leagues teams so won't be embarrassing if we go out at this stage. We should still win!

That was my first thought too, but then I remembered when they drew Liverpool in the FACup a few seasons back.

At the time I laughed because I thought they would be taught a lesson in proper football - but then Liverpool were rubbish on the day and the Dingles won.

I'd like to think that Chelsea won't be caught out the same way and would give us the amusement of annihilating them.

That was Liverpool Reserves. This is Chelsea. Who always play their first team. At Stamford Bridge, where they haven't been beaten for...how long?

I'm not saying it can't happen. But it would be a bloody surprise if it did.

• Backroom
Fair play, what a shout! Don't reckon its too bad a draw as we have avoided top 4 and tottenham plus we have avoided the lower leagues teams so won't be embarrassing if we go out at this stage. We should still win!

For what it's worth I think we'll get beat 3-1 today, lets hope the last one was a fluke eh?

Sunderland is winnable, seem to remember losing on pens there once, did Ciccio not slip when takin his?

shame the big 4 have avoided each other really was hoping some of them may go out this round but looking at the draw it seems unlikely.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived