BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Wigan Away

True, he's got absolutely no chance of breaking in to Man Utd's team with the emergence of Rafael. I thought he looked good when he came on against Spurs, and I'm sure when we signed him that Man Utd fans were saying he was good at going forward with a very decent cross on him. Plus he has pace.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looking forward to this - one of the regular away games I manage to get to and the atmosphere is always cracking.

Rovers team:

Robbo

Zurab Samba Ooijer Warnock

Emerton Tugay Mokoena Pedersen

/Vogel

Santa Cruz Benni

Don't rate simpson - certainly not at rm - his attacking play is even more suspect than his defensive duties. Not sure what combination will stop our defense leaking but need to cope with the power of Heskey so Samba needs to have a good game. Tugs really needs to be at his creative best and I wish we had a right mid so Emerton could go where he is effectve.

A desperate rovers to get a point 1-1 Santa Cruz for us Heskey for them.

• Backroom

The right wing spot really does pose problems, Emerton is far more effective in the centre but who else is there?

If ince tried someone else on there imagine the stick he'd get on here, yet people suggest Simpson?

I'm all for giving people a chance but it seems when Ince does he gets stick for it.

It really is a dilemma but I imagine he will stick with emo.

For me Benni has to start this one and if Roque isn't pulling his weight he should be dragged off for Roberts who should be up for this one (not saying that will help his finsihing but he should cause problems)

For me Benni has to start this one and if Roque isn't pulling his weight he should be dragged off for Roberts who should be up for this one (not saying that will help his finsihing but he should cause problems)

I'd be tempted to start Benni on his own up front. Roque's mind seems elsewhere.

Guest Kamy100

Big game for Rovers and looking forward to it, I would go with:

Robbo

Ooijer Samba Nelson Warnock

Emerton Tuguy Vogel Pedersen

McCarthy Santa Cruz (Only if he is fit)/Roberts

Got my 4 tickets today.

Gonna get really pished and shout my head off in support of the team on Saturday.

Get behind the team!!!

Hey that`s my plan! :P

Looking forward to it,especially as i can only get to an away game once or twice a season.

If you see 2 blokes totally mashed,say hiya as it will most definitely be me and my mate. :D

We have to win games like this if we're going to stay up and Ince's neck is very much on the line if we don't take the points. A draw is no good to either team right now. Therefore we have to take the game to Wigan and play creative attacking football. If we are to do this, then we need Tugay in the middle and at least one decent outlet on the wing: Emerton (who'd have thought I'd be saying that a few months ago?!). Furthermore, we cannot be making stupid mistakes at the back and that is why Samba needs dropping.

This would be my starting XI:

Robinson

Simpson / Nelsen / Ooijer / Warnock

Emerton / Tugay / Vogel / Pedersen

Santa Cruz / McCarthy

EDIT: Why is it that we have two identical threads for the Wigan match?

Archived