BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Cricket (tests, Odi's And 20/20)

I think he kept with the old ball due to Englands inherit crapness against spin bowling, plus reverse swing. Also the new ball has done nothing for either team.

The toss is likely to be the massive factor of this because the pitch has not had the chance to be prepared to a proper Indian test match standard (ie less life than cold vacuum.) And hence why it started dintegrating so badly.

I wasn't right - Naylor was, one of these day's i'll stop arguing with him and just agree, its easier

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most commentators thought England's score was sub-standard, especially after the start provided by Strauss and Cook.

Will England maintain their record of never having lost a Test in which Strauss scored a ton ?

Early success for Graeme Swann but I don't consider him a Test-class spinner. Certainly a feisty individual like his dad, who was a real pain in the **** in club cricket.

Another superb knock by Strauss - good to see he has sorted out his technical problemst and his confidence is coming back.

England will need to get 450 runs ahead to feel comfortable - India's batsmen are capable of turning any match.

Interesting setup for the final days play, for both the NZ (vs. WI) and the Indian (vs. Eng) tests and I have got both live on the box… nice. B)

Australia IMV can kiss goodbye the forth coming SA test series, with Stuart Clark now ruled out with the re-occurrence of the elbow injury he suffered, in India... Clark out of series

Siddle is not the answer IMHO. <_<

Bracken should be recalled to the squad, but that won't happen. The most likely outcome for the first test will be Watson getting the 'nod' and 'Crazy' being picked as the spinner.

Another superb knock by Strauss - good to see he has sorted out his technical problemst and his confidence is coming back.

England will need to get 450 runs ahead to feel comfortable - India's batsmen are capable of turning any match.

Give that man a Blue Peter badge.

Awesome from India. Absolutely awesome.

That was woeful, no England bashing, you guys had them, hands around the throat, massive lead, a pitch that was falling apart. England bowled so well in the first innings what the hell happened?

Sehwag... He took the game away from England and set up the win..

Btw- he has just received MoM... I thought Strauss should have got it

Guest Kamy100

Great game and well done to India.

We should have won this game, but the blitz from Sehwag took the game away. Most other teams would still have struggled but India's batting lineup is just to strong. I thought that in the second innings Harmison, Flintoff and Anderson bowled to short and Monty should have been more attacking.

Saffers running amok at the WACA.

Australia 3 for 15 at the moment.

Lets see how the combination of Katich and Clarke continues.. This combination has worked in the previous few tests.

Australia currently 3/74 at lunch.. Ntini getting two wickets in two balls and Steyn getting the other.

I love a bouncy/quick pitch!

Watson included as 12th man, making way for Siddle. The inclusion of 'Crazy' Krejzia, might prove to be a very wise move.

one of the greatest sights in world cricket

R Ponting 0 - 1 ;)

Bite your bum Flopsy! :P (Your dislike for Ponting is only indicative of what a great batsman he is and how dangerous he can be against any team.. :))

Australia ending the day at 9/341 - Which is not a bad score, considering that both Ponting and Hussey failed. Australia still very susceptible at looking to go over the top and not playing a controlled game.

Wasn't really overly impressed with the Saffa's bowling attack today; Symonds, Haddin, Clarke, and Lee giving away their wickets in rather a cheap fashion. Katich was unlucky to be given out for LBW... Total Shyte, but hey that's cricket.

Saffa's will probably be into bat within the first ten minutes tomorrow, as Siddle is a complete rabbit with the bat.

Honours even on day one, IMV.

What makes him a "tosser", you don't know the man. In a test match, judge the man on his ability at cricket. You might want to concentrate on the chikers in India.

Anyways 341 on the first day is not bad, almost 4 per over. It makes you wonder what would have happened if punter/Hussey had got in. This is a wicket that is going to disintegrate, the last innings is going to be difficult.

As for Punter he's an awesome batsman, an average captain and a total tosser

:lol:

you're jealous methinks and why wouldn't you be... ;)

Being the case that you think he is an average captain, why (in your eyes) has/is Australia been so successful? Is it the talent on show or a combination of talent and captaincy?

It makes you wonder what would have happened if punter/Hussey had got in. This is a wicket that is going to disintegrate, the last innings is going to be difficult.

Agree with you on there pitch conditions dave, but one thing that did strike me after the first day of play was that I surprised that the pitch showed little sign of degradation... or was that due to the excessive use of Harris the spinner?

What are your thoughts on Hayden's form at the moment? I am beginning to worry, as he seems to get of to a flurry of a start, which then leads to consistent 'nick' behind, to either the keeper, or the slips cordon. Impatience? :unsure:

being a captain when you have langer, hayden, gilchrist, warne and McGrath in their pomp is probably rather easy, i'm sure that with me as captain they would have won more than they lost. 2005 and india showed that i bit of pressure and the wheels come off. I mean worrying about the run rate compared to actually trying to win a game? That shows a worrying lack of mental aclarity when the pressures on. You'll still hump us next summer

Archived