BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Cricket (tests, Odi's And 20/20)

Wow, just wow.

If you though India's batting performance was something the South Africans have certainly topped it.

What a cracking game.

Wont go down as on of the greatest I have seen. Not Rubbing this in, but Kallis was a key part of that win.

I'm glad the Saffers won.

It will mean the the Aussies have a good look at their structure, and in that I include Neilsen, Ponting, and one or two of the selectors. There were some woeful decisions made, not just in this test, but in the India tour as well.

With a little bit of thinking, they'll get it right next test.

Indeed... We will see on that dave. Personally, I thought it was poor on Australia's behalf.

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply
India are being gits by giving england a glimmer here

Don't think so. England will do well to draw the match and it would be no disgrace to lose the series as they have competed well with the best team in the world in both Tests.

Magnificent effort by South Africa against the chikers (sic). The worm turneth.

Why does Bell(end) always look like he's pooing himself when he bats? He is too timid for test cricket, and spends a lot of time looking nervous and ready to give the opposition some slip practice.

Shah, Key and a few others some will menion can do a better job.

Bell is lacking on confidence at present but I would persist with him because he is a very good player.

Shah has promised but never really delivered while Key does not have temperament for Test cricket.

Harmison continues to annoy me intensely : time England dropped him for good.

Guest Kamy100

Agree that Bell will eventually come good again, hopefully in time for the Ashes.

Shah has always shown a lot of promise and has had some very good one day performances but yet to translate that form to test matches. Maybe needs a run of 3 or 4 test matches to see how good he really is.

Harmison is slowly drifting back to his old ways and is time he was dropped, although the problem is that there are no real alternatives.

Harmison is slowly drifting back to his old ways and is time he was dropped, although the problem is that there are no real alternatives.

Sidebottom, Anderson, Broad and Flintoff with Tremlett and Plunkett in reserve and hopefully Simon Jones to return at some stage is a good and varied attck.

Plus there's a young tyro earmarked to come into the squad, but more of him later.

The boxing day test at the MCG begins tomorrow... Only change is Hauritz in for Krezja. It's a pity Merv didn't drop his fellow Victorian, Peter (bloody) Siddle and replace him with Watson... :(

Safa's go in unchanged from the Perth test win.

Lee, Hayden and Hussey need pull their collective fingers out and start performing to their known abilities.

IMV, this will be Hayden's last chance...

The boxing day test at the MCG begins tomorrow... Only change is Hauritz in for Krezja. It's a pity Merv didn't drop his fellow Victorian, Peter (bloody) Siddle and replace him with Watson... :(

Hah! I went today, and Siddle was fantastic. Bowling with genuine fire, and twice he beat the batsman with pure pace.

Lee was appalling.. chucking pies in the best pommie tradition.

Hah! I went today, and Siddle was fantastic. Bowling with genuine fire, and twice he beat the batsman with pure pace.

Well , glad to hear you' re back back pg... I'll give credit to him... long way to go..

Lee had better start to do something soon, otherwise "Champagne" Doug will be aiming for his spot in the team.

What about that catch by Symonds! Amla gave the ball an almighty belt, Roy went into survival mode and it stuck.

What about that missed chance by Hussey?!? What a plonker..

Haven't been watching today, but

Lee.... go please

Hayden.... let us remember you as a bludgeoning great.

Roy, don't limp, do it or go.

I'd rather have a team of Haddins. At least they give it a go.

Neilsen, well, nuff said. Tom Moody or Steve Rixon anyone? Give us someone who can give the team the go forward

Hurrah for the convict pie-chuckers !

A maiden Test century from Duminy and a record ninth-wicket stand courtesy of some lovely chicken 'n' bacon and ham 'n' cheese with a few tasty steak and kidney and pork and sausage thrown in for good measure.

Keep up the good work chaps, the South African batsmen love the taste ! :lol::lol:

Well played South Africa on a series win and putting the convict bullyboys in their place. Those cheese and onion pies were particularly tasty today. :lol::lol:

Moving on, England were correct to omit Vaughan for the winter series and I think the selectors should forget about him now. He was a superb captain and player in his pomp but the injuries have taken its toll on his technique and his confidence. Now show us what you can do, Owais Shah.

Rashid is an interesting selection although I'm not sure why England are taking 3 spinners to the West Indies where pace usually prevails. Prior is lucky still be in the squad and the continuing omission of the best wicketkeeper-batsman in the country, James Foster of Essex, is a mystery.

Overall, it's a reasonably strong squad that should do well provided the key players stay fit.

Well , glad to hear you' re back back pg... I'll give credit to him... long way to go..

Well AiUK, a long road back now.

Lee, a crock.

Symonds, a crock.

Hayden, totally lost it.

Hussey,M, a basket case

Ponting, A captain?

Where to from here?

Tom Moody as coach to start

Henriques

Hughes

other states fill in as applicable

The sad thing for cricket is that the Aussies have come back to the pack (or rather the leaders of that pack), rather than the standard across the board being lifted.

The sad thing for cricket is that the Aussies have come back to the pack (or rather the leaders of that pack), rather than the standard across the board being lifted.

I'd say it's a bit from both sides. India have certainly come on leaps and bounds in the last year or two, and South Africa's middle order and the emergence of Dale Steyn has been a big factor in their resurgence. IMO even if Australia were at their previous levels, we'd still be talking of them as the best in the world but there's no way it wouldve been as emphatic as it had been previously.

Archived