BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Cricket (tests, Odi's And 20/20)

They really need to take a good look at themselves after another poor performance. The selectors need to bring through a new young squad and have them playing together for a few years and take it from there. The ECB need fresh ideas and they are not getting them from anyone they are currently employing as it evident by the last few performances.

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Kamy100

What an embrassment that second innings display was, infact I would go as far as to say the worst I have ever seen. On a goodish pitch against an average Windies attack to be all out for 51 is beyond belief. Players need to get back to basics and forget about the money and start to play for the shirt again.

Depressing sporting weekend for me this far.

Was nobody else watching the Aus v NZ Twenty20 this morning?

One amazing catch won it for Australia - worth a watch if you've not seen this!

check this out!

(Should add that it was the first ball of the penultimate over, with NZ needing 20 runs to win, and they ended up one run short)

Guest Kamy100

England 300-3 at the end of the day's play on a pitch that is a batsman paradise. Well done to Strauss on his brilliant 168. Lets hope that we can kick on tomorrow and get sub 500 score and then try to put the Windies under pressure.

This pesky pitch has certainly got out of bed on the wrong side this morning. Edwards is suddenly sending down some unplayable stuff.

Good, i hate dead pitches, makes a mockery of calling the match a 'test'

its not, its just batting practice

Good, i hate dead pitches, makes a mockery of calling the match a 'test'

its not, its just batting practice

Taylor joining the fun now, W - 0 - W - 0 - 0 - 0 in the 127th over.

The two wickets were Pietersen and Flintoff, the latter's stumps ended up all over the place.

England looking pretty good...Broad has got all the credentials to one day be classed as a genuine allrounder. Hopefully we'll get about 550, which will put pressure on the windies to avoid the follow on (350) Thing is, will we be able to take all 20 wickets?

Guest Kamy100

Cracking end to the test match, England fall short needing 1 wicket. I felt yesterday that we batted for 30 minutes too long yesterday but all credit to the team for making such a match out of it on a "flat" wicket.

Just can't make out the form of any team. One minute England are getting crushed by the Windies, then they score 600 runs, whilst Australia have started like they want to avenge their series defeat by South Africa. Meanwhile, Sri Lanka and Pakistan seem to be going for as many batting records as possible, and India have lost a 20/20 match to New Zealand. In some ways it makes it all more exciting, although it is anyone's guess who are the favourites for the Ashes. As soon as one team looks crap, they come back on song.

Just can't make out the form of any team. One minute England are getting crushed by the Windies, then they score 600 runs, whilst Australia have started like they want to avenge their series defeat by South Africa. Meanwhile, Sri Lanka and Pakistan seem to be going for as many batting records as possible, and India have lost a 20/20 match to New Zealand. In some ways it makes it all more exciting, although it is anyone's guess who are the favourites for the Ashes. As soon as one team looks crap, they come back on song.

Crazy stuff, IMHO the only real sure bet this year in cricket is Australia beating the English.

Crazy stuff, IMHO the only real sure bet this year in cricket is Australia beating the English.

Maybe, maybe not. But for someone with such a humble opinion you are very sure of yourself.

Oh, and for your information, the cricket, football and rugby teams team are called England.

Archived