BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Cricket (tests, Odi's And 20/20)

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What an absolute farce. Ground full, 97 overs out of 100 played in the day, and the teams are offered the light and they walk off!

Serve the sport of cricket right if no-one turned up for the rest of the series. That's no way to treat the fans. Cricket needs to take a long look at itself.

What an absolute farce. Ground full, 97 overs out of 100 played in the day, and the teams are offered the light and they walk off!

Serve the sport of cricket right if no-one turned up for the rest of the series. That's no way to treat the fans. Cricket needs to take a long look at itself.

I wouldn't mind but the ground had floodlights ... :wacko:

Imagine paying good money to watch a game and going away not knowing the result . Heads should roll for this .

A typical end of a series for the Aussies, but good for Johnson.

McGain, don't do it again. Should not be picked full stop.

Aussies to the UK,

Katich

Hughes

Ponting

empty (Clarke is looking ordinary)

empty (Hussey is looking ordinary)

Haddin (hot and cold but no alternative at the mo)

Johnson

Mcdonald

Siddle

Clark

Hilfenhaus

I'd be absolutely delighted if Clarke and Hussey were dropped for the Ashes! The former, in particular, is a class act who will be around the top of the rankings for years to come IMO. Obviously I don't watch the Aussies as much as our upside-down contingent - is he not as highly regarded down there?

Even if Hussey is out of form now, he has the ability to win a game on his own, or atleast stop the opposition from winning it. I'd be over the moon if he doesnt come over in the Summer.

Hussey needs to go back to 5, all his trouble started when they pushed him higher in the order. He is a defensive player who is better suited to hammering home a good start then taking the brunt of a high order collapse.

Most of Hussey's problems this summer have caused by the best fast bowler in the world finding him out. No one considered dropping Lara when he was constantly getting picked off by McGrath.

The English attack doesn't have a Steyn so I woud certainaly be taking Hussey.

• 1 month later...
Broad out for 38. Broad may, just may become our Freddy Mk II. I hope so as Freddy Mk I is as clapped out as a Datsun Cherry that has been set on fire.

IMV, I cant really compare Freddy (Mk I or Mk II) to Broad... Its like saying Johnson is an all-rounder..

EDIT: Well done to Ravi!

He'll never be as good of a bowler as Flintoff was at his best and he'll never have the threatening potential of him either. That doesn't make him a bad player, but there aren't many players in the modern era who you think could take 5 wickets anytime they start bowling or hit a century when they're at the crease (not that he managed it all that often). Broad will be a good second or third choice fast bowler and will offer a bit of fight to the tail or slot into the lower middle order.

He'll never be as good of a bowler as Flintoff was at his best and he'll never have the threatening potential of him either. That doesn't make him a bad player, but there aren't many players in the modern era who you think could take 5 wickets anytime they start bowling or hit a century when they're at the crease (not that he managed it all that often). Broad will be a good second or third choice fast bowler and will offer a bit of fight to the tail or slot into the lower middle order.

Broad is a far better bowler than flintoff was at the same age. However Freddie was a superior batter at the same age.

Broad IMO will become a worldie with the next 18-24 months.

Archived