SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Paul Ince

Paul Ince ?  

476 members have voted

1. 1. you decide!

• Back
    • Sack

If Ewood Park burned down you would still look for the positives.

I thought you were never going to post on here again?

I do look for positives but unlike you I try to make a fair assessment on what I say and am not prejudiced against PI.

Imy

have the other 10 clubs you claim had as much sustained success as Rovers ?

Have those clubs regularly been participants in semi finals of major cup competitions ?

Have those clubs regularly finished top 10 and qualified for European competitions ?

Stock answer is NO they bloody well havent.

Spurs did not finish in the top 5 two out of the last 3 seasons either.

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Are the other fans of the other 10 clubs in the league voicing the same concerns?

If City lose to today they would still be on the same points as us-, to my recollection I am yet to hear "Hughes out" chants and they finished in the top 10 last year and having spent £70 million are close to the drop zone.

Oh my Hull have scored!

1-0

Other 10 clubs? Remind me how many of those have gone from our position to the relegation zone?!

Hughes has proven himself at this level with us. He may have money but he's inherited a team that have been in constant transition these last few seasons with a revolving door for managers and interference from the board. This is a team that had a dodgy defence last season but went all out and spent most of that money this season on attack minded players. And he is under pressure, there's a fair amount of talk in the papers that he might be out of a job and the owner has had to give him a vote of confidence. At least City have looked really good in a few games this season.

Ine has only proven himself at a level much lower than ours and has hardly done a single thing to inspire confidence. I can barely think of a single match where we've looked really good, even in a couple of games where we've looked alright going forward we've also looked shaky at the back.

I have already addressed that question.

It's sad that you are still supporting a jellyfish.

You are NOT a fan of Blackburn Rovers. You are a fan of your own opinion that is all. You've never had a good thing to say about the club, not one good thing so how can you possibly be a fan?

Other 10 clubs? Remind me how many of those have gone from our position to the relegation zone?!

Remind me again how many points seperates us from 11 spot?

This is a tight league, the tightest it has ever been. I am currently looking at Man City's situation and it is similar to ours...except they have spent £70 million this year alone and have Saint Mark as manager.

Let's not forget 1864, there were plenty slagging him off before we'd even kicked a ball, not really a surprise it's continued.

There were people "slagging him off" before we'd kicked a ball because of his baffling signings, his reluctancy to take coaching badges and his complete lack of top level experience (not his fault I know but it was a perfectly legitimate cause for concern).

Now he's taken us down into the relegation zone. Shall we start singing his praises?

I'm not really sure what your point is here...

You are NOT a fan of Blackburn Rovers. You are a fan of your own opinion that is all. You've never had a good thing to say about the club, not one good thing so how can you possibly be a fan?

Ivan, the club is in serious danger. I predicted it before the season started and you dismissed it.

Thankfully, you have finally realised that appointing Ince has been a disaster for Blackburn Rovers. Fair play to you for admitting that you were wrong.

They were slagging him off before he'd made any signings at all. He didn't take his Uefa badges because, I daresay, he didn't think he'd be competing in Europe with MK Dons for a few years, and the lack of top level experience isn't his fault.

Hughes had NO top flight experience.

Was a failure with Wales.

Signed a 37 year old striker, a 28 year old Kiwi from the MLS and a South African from the Belgium league as his first 3 signings, did they worry fans at the time?

This all simply stems from prejudices that some people have had against PI from the beginnning, sad to say but our league position is merely a final nail in the coffin for some.

They were slagging him off before he'd made any signings at all. He didn't take his Uefa badges because, I daresay, he didn't think he'd be competing in Europe with MK Dons for a few years, and the lack of top level experience isn't his fault.

Yet Jansen DID take his badges. As have most of the players who've retired and had a break before becoming a manager. (If they want to be a manager that is. Southgate went straight from player to manager and wasn't retiring then so should have the benefit of the doubt.)

Either arrogant or scared. Neither great characteristics for a manager- especially one without experience to back them up.

I'm pro Rovers, therefore I support everything Rovers. Blimey, even the, y'know, manager.

Ince nor any manager are Rovers...they are employees passing through. When they are an asset to the club they deserve support but if their presence is doing the club harm would you still support them?

What if you do not think the manager is the right man for the job and believe it is in the best interests of the club to part company with said manager?

Yet Jansen DID take his badges. As have most of the players who've retired and had a break before becoming a manager. (If they want to be a manager that is. Southgate went straight from player to manager and wasn't retiring then so should have the benefit of the doubt.)

Either arrogant or scared. Neither great characteristics for a manager- especially one without experience to back them up.

Grant, Roeder, Southgate, Zola...

Signed a 37 year old striker, a 28 year old Kiwi from the MLS and a South African from the Belgium league as his first 3 signings, did they worry fans at the time?

This all simply stems from prejudices that some people have had against PI from the beginnning, sad to say but our league position is merely a final nail in the coffin for some.

Hughes was far from a failure with Wales- he got them nearer to a finals than they'd any right to expect. And as for discrimination- positive discrimination is just that- something you seem to be perilously close to.

Zola, Roeder and Grant?

Then kindly put that word back in its box and look for the word 'Inept'.

That's another word that springs to mind when I think of Paul Ince.

I am glad you mentioned the 'box' as maybe you could put your prejudices against the man in there and then maybe, just maybe base what you say on what he does as manager of Blackburn Rovers FC.

Remind me again how many points seperates us from 11 spot?

This is a tight league, the tightest it has ever been. I am currently looking at Man City's situation and it is similar to ours...except they have spent £70 million this year alone and have Saint Mark as manager.

It's completely and utterly irrelevant as to how many puts seperates us from 11th place. The fact is that the displays we've put in have not been anywhere near good enough, why are you carrying on comparing us with other teams?! We have a manager who insists on playing half of our team out of position, who has ruined a reasonably good defence, who is driving supporters away from Ewood...you can keep bleating all you want every week about the number of points separating us and 11th, but with our upcoming fixtures and the way we're playing at the moment then that gap is only going to get bigger and bigger and bigger. The fact the league is tight is hardly a reason to defend Ince, it's merely a slice of good fortune for us as it means that the situation is redeemable. But there are NO signs that Ince is the man to do it, none whatsoever.

If you think Man City's situation is similar to ours then you must be kidding. Our points totals are similar but everything else is different. You keep going on about this £70 million but much of this has been spent on the Sheikh's orders. I'm sure that come Christmas time and a few investments in the midfield and defence and Hughes and City will be out of trouble.

Grant, Roeder, Southgate, Zola...

OK Numpty- READ before you post. Zola had at least started his badges. Grant had managed in an environment where badges weren't necessary and Roeder had a brain tumour which kind of put the kybosh on studying.

Any ex-player friends of mine who want to be managers know the importance of studying. But they're not billy big-times.

Hughes was far from a failure with Wales- he got them nearer to a finals than they'd any right to expect. And as for discrimination- positive discrimination is just that- something you seem to be perilously close to.

Positive discrimination? What are you on about?

Prejudice is what I said and it is clear that it is there against Ince.

Phillip has already said how much hatred he had/has for Ince since his Man Utd days, that clouds your judgement and is something we should try not to do.

How many games did Hughes win as manager of Wales?

Any right to expect? Why do you not check the squad that Hughes had to work with, Giggs, Speed, Bellamy, Hartson, etc.

OK Numpty- READ before you post. Zola had at least started his badges. Grant had managed in an environment where badges weren't necessary and Roeder had a brain tumour which kind of put the kybosh on studying.

Any ex-player friends of mine who want to be managers know the importance of studying. But they're not billy big-times.

I did read before I posted.

Zola had started his badges but did he have the relevant badges to coach a PL team?

Grant has always needed the badges just didnt bother to get them.

Roeder did not bother to get the badges BEFORE the tumour issue.... but carry on....

Oh christ. You are talking nonsense.

Hughes was a massive success with Wales, took over when they were at their lowest ebb, led them to a famous victory over Wales and took them very close to qualifying for Euro 2004.

When Hughes took over we were flirting with relegation so people's expectations were different. Ince on the other hand took over a team that had consistently finished in the top 10 and got into Europe two of the last three seasons.

You keep talking about prejudices but skirt around the issue...would you care to expand further on what you mean?

How many games did Hughes win as manager of Wales?

Any right to expect? Why do you not check the squad that Hughes had to work with, Giggs, Speed, Bellamy, Hartson, etc.

Then why did that squad do so much worse both before and after Hughes' reign?

Oh christ. You are talking nonsense.

Hughes was a massive success with Wales, took over when they were at their lowest ebb, led them to a famous victory over Wales and took them very close to qualifying for Euro 2004.

When Hughes took over we were flirting with relegation so people's expectations were different. Ince on the other hand took over a team that had consistently finished in the top 10 and got into Europe two of the last three seasons.

You keep talking about prejudices but skirt around the issue...would you care to expand further on what you mean?

Check your history mate, Hughes as manager of Wales went through the worst period in their ENTIRE history, they lost virtually every game. Close to qualifying- did they qualify?

Toshack took over an aging side, with the youth team desimated and under developed (ring any bells)

I have already mentioned the prejudices, you are getting confused with what the word means, I am clear about it and will continue to use it.

Archived